IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Fair point, but could we be winning some of these games comfortably before the need for substitutions if he were to be given a chance? We’re winning by scraping past teams, with a change up top we could be more potent perhaps?

I think it’s worth a try but momentum is everything. If he doesn’t get starts he should be getting 25-30 minutes if we need a change

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

He's ten times the player off the bench he is in the starting XI.  I think he must come on having watched the game carefully with a very specific idea about where to find space.  Also helps the defence are tiring. 

Spot on imo, by the time he comes on,the weakest link is exposed or the person most likely to get sent off by his niggling,love the bloke and the effect he is having coming on as super sub.brilliant game where him and jack hunt were at it a while back,more to a game than kicking a ball and mt very good at the other aspects which I suppose aren't really meant to happen

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like what Taylor brings but seems to do it better off the bench. I am not one that says there needs to be 2 up top at home but I’d probably start Taylor with Fam next time we play a side that wants to sit back and defend deep. 

Got to agree that he is better off the bench, no problem with that as he runs rings around tiring players and seems to urge our players on too. I just wish that if he is going to be used like this then it happens consistently and regularly. No good turning a game like today then being an unused sub for the next three or four, no matter if we are winning, drawing or losing.

Give him the super sub role, it will lift players and fans and put fear into the opposition. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The reason he's always looked better off the bench is because he hasn't been fully fit for the best part of a year.

Now he is up to 100% we may see some better performances from him when playing from the start, if LJ chooses to do so. 

I’ll be surprised if he does unless he takes wiemanns place in a 433 . Really like the ?’s  intelligence and movement but I’ve also been wanting LJ to get rid of 442 because we get over run in midfield . How do you fit them all in whilst keeper the black door shut. 

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

I find it quite disgusting Taylor can not get a run in the side while the likes of Paterson and Weizmann start week in week out and have been extremely poor for many many weeks. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly...Its a winning formula and Matt, as the rest of them, are professionals...For the record Weimann had a very good game and Patto was not that bad. The guys coming on were good...Happy Days all around! 

I thought Weimann had a very tidy game today.  His relationship with Hunt down the right side was looking good today, and I thought our stake spell before half-time happened when him and COD swapped over.  Both put some very good crosses in today, and Weimann so unlucky to hit the bar.

Today the subs are a strange one to judge.

Before we went 1-0 Down I suspect Palmer was coming on for Pato, and Taylor for Weimann, but play right.  The goal meant a tactical change and we went 4312.

Our recent unbeaten run has been formed on 4141/4411, and I don’t think we should be looking to move too far away from that on 30 minutes game time, certainly not away from home v Forest next Saturday.

it was a game that we dominated with 4141 and with better finishing we could’ve easily been 2-0 up before we went behind.  Bolton didn’t even have a spell until the final few minutes.

We have options in our squad...and we mustn’t flog Diedhiou either.  So Taylor will get starts.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Been saying for a year or more that we just look so much more likely to score as a team when MT is in the side.

Baffles me how many can’t look beyond his own stats and ignore the wider point of how much better a side we look whether it’s Taylor doing the scoring or someone else as a result of his work. 

Taylor and Palmer have to start over Weimann and Pato for me in the next game. 

I agree with all but the last bit. LJ has a decision to make but let’s be honest we have found a formula and changing it is a needless gamble. 

24 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree with all but the last bit. LJ has a decision to make but let’s be honest we have found a formula and changing it is a needless gamble. 

We weren’t winning that game today until the changes. 

I know what you mean but what message does it send Palmer and Taylor if they don’t start? What more can you do to stake a claim than what they did today?

If you get the chance and take it with both hands it has to mean something. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I know what you mean but what message does it send Palmer and Taylor if they don’t start? What more can you do to stake a claim than what they did today?

If you take out Kelly’s mistake, we were still creating chances, and I think we would’ve got one. But having gone 1-0 down we needed two!!  We got them thanks to MT and KP.  I would’ve liked to see us push for a third when breaking.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you take out Kelly’s mistake, we were still creating chances, and I think we would’ve got one. But having gone 1-0 down we needed two!!  We got them thanks to MT and KP.  I would’ve liked to see us push for a third when breaking.

Absolutely.

City created plenty of opportunities to score and how Famara missed from two yards out......:facepalm:  and on another day he could have bagged a hatrick

City were far and away the better team, as you’d expect given the Championship league positions between Bolton and City.

A 2-1 loss flattered Bolton imv.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Of course this is the dilemma.but we have had the same dilemma for a long time with Taylor. He come on, the tempo increases we get free kicks and chances and he is on the bench next game. Palmer has had thirty minutes of football.

I don’t disagree but we should have been out of sight by half time. Diehdouh is going to get a hatful ageist someone soon. We will  see soon but i will bet Taylor is on the bench next week

Have to say I think he's the only one we have that can come off the bench and lift the crowd, and that's important. Atmosphere changes today as soon as he came on in that Greg Goodridge type of way. You expect something to happen. Can't think of anyone else that we've got currently that can do that.

Having said that in another thread there's some stats about Vardy's slow start in the Championship, and personally I think Taylor will score for fun given a run and the backing of the manager, Most intelligent footballer at the club.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The reason he's always looked better off the bench is because he hasn't been fully fit for the best part of a year.

Now he is up to 100% we may see some better performances from him when playing from the start, if LJ chooses to do so. 

I think LJ in his post match interview referring to Matty not being 100%fit ,  said that he's a pest whether he starts or comes on as a sub, so expect LJ to still use him as an impact sub. At least today he got 30 mins not the 10 he sometimes gets 

MT is such a handful and it's brilliant. Defenders hate him. After he scored he was giving his marker a load of sh*t, was great to see. This man is so much more than the goals he scores or creates, he is a nasty little b*gger, and so good at winding others up. Hopefully the doubters will start to see what he offers and how he can drive us to the promised land ?

14 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Was like a man possessed today.

Great half hour performance!

When Taylor comes on , he sparks some energy in the team and the fans. 

The fans start singing his name and he works hard for the team. How he squeezed that goal in , is beyond me. 

Cracking finish . 

4 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

The fans start singing his name and he works hard for the team. How he squeezed that goal in , is beyond me. 

Cracking finish . 

A finisher’s finish . I love the way he rolls the ball in leaving everyone looking a little bit stupid, even his goals are insolent.

:travolta:

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

Cracking finish . 

I sometimes wonder whether the idea that a goalkeeper shouldn't be beaten at the near post, stops strikers trying to do it  Taylor tries and has done it several times.

Archived