IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Red Army 75

Stats don’t tell us everything but following yesterday’s match, we now score a goal every 55 minutes that MT is on the pitch, compared to Weimann (71) and Fam (72). [league games only]

I do think Matty would benefit from staying fit.  I wonder whether the step up from non-league to Rovers then to us has meant a tougher demand on his body (from its starting point), and he finds it hard to maintain Championship levels of fitness?  Might that be why we rarely see him fit and firing for long enough to get that chance to start regularly?

I’ve not always been his biggest fan, but felt we missed his energy post-Xmas last season as we fell away, and the all too few minutes this season he has generally been impressive.

Not saying he deserves a start next weekend, Diedhiou played decently yesterday, just didn’t take his chances.  We must also remember that Taylor came on against tiring defenders and us going a bit gung-ho...which suits a striker coming on.

Agsin we are starting to build a squad with competition in it.

Bit late to the party here, but meant to praise Taylor for the goal he scored, I've watched the replay about 45 times on the highlights show and I still have no idea how he found that angle / position to score.  You just don't see strikers score that type of goal.

If it's true that he plays better from the bench, simple solution, just bring him on after about 10 minutes, then we get the benefit of 80 mins of a super sub!

Archived