IGNORED

Webster

Smokey

Thought he was the worst I have seen him on the ball today. Had 4-5 sloppy passes that led to half counter attacks. Tbf to him he snuffed most of those out with a fantastic defensive performance today. 

Kalas and Hunt also very good today. Niki not much to do and Kelly unfortunately needs a few games off imo. Another topic however but like to mention the defensive unit and thought they were all pretty good tonight

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He was my MoM today. He was outstanding and I still can’t fathom why Ipswich let him go......

Was tied between him and O’Dowda who I thought had one of his best games for us today, going forward and made some important blocks defensively too.

Couple of misplaced passes today but I love how he ghosts his way forward. He has done it on so many occasions this season and no one has stopped him. Top player and alongside Kalas we are very strong. Good in the air and in the tackle too. 

Player of the season without doubt 

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Can i also hijack the thread to ask to buy Dasilva, sell Kelly, and see us end up with the better deal?!

webster is immense also. And he missplaced TWO passes today. ?

Was going to say the same thing . Not to criticise  him but my son and both mentioned we couldn’t remember the last time/ game he misplaced a pass ! What a great place to be where we can say things like that ..

1 minute ago, Brann-red said:

Was going to say the same thing . Not to criticise  him but my son and both mentioned we couldn’t remember the last time/ game he misplaced a pass ! What a great place to be where we can say things like that ..

Yep. His diagonal ‘pings’ are spot on every time too. 

Loved Flint, but there was a lot of aimless hoofs with Aden. 

Really appreciate being able to watch him strut his stuff, have never seen a city defender so aware of space and so assured with snuffing out attack’s. My other two favourite city defenders were Taylor and flint who had the same combative/Ariel qualities but this guy is streets ahead in terms of class-I imagine it’s what bobby Moore was like!

Immense player.

I wasn't sure of him during the first few games of the season (particularly Forest). When he looked a but like bamboo on ice. But he has just grown and grown.

Love watching his reading of the game with Kalas(who is also class).

The best centre back partnership since taylor and carey I reckon.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way we could afford to keep Kalas next year.

Agree with all of the above. Webster is quality. We sometimes criticise signings but this one has been fantastic.

Him and Kalas are superb.

Only 3 teams in our league have conceded fewer goals. If we could score a bit more we'd be flying high.

4 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Immense player.

I wasn't sure of him during the first few games of the season (particularly Forest). When he looked a but like bamboo on ice. But he has just grown and grown.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way we could afford to keep Kalas next year.

Just pointing this out. 

5 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Immense player.

I am assuming you meant Bambi, but you and many others on here may recall a similar description was given to a certain Aden Flint after his display away to Port Vale back in the old SO'D days, even though, if I recall correctly, Bambi was considered so good that Lewis Dunk, recently signed on loan from Brighton, stayed on the bench.

I am pleased to confirm, however, that Aden finally found his feet and became quite a useful member of the team before being transferred to Middlesbrough for several £Million, although SO'D maintained (allegedly) that he would never have paid £250,000 to sign him from Swindon.

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am assuming you meant Bambi, but you and many others on here may recall a similar description was given to a certain Aden Flint after his display away to Port Vale back in the old SO'D days, even though, if I recall correctly, Bambi was considered so good that Lewis Dunk, recently signed on loan from Brighton, stayed on the bench.

I am pleased to confirm, however, that Aden finally found his feet and became quite a useful member of the team before being transferred to Middlesbrough for several £Million, although SO'D maintained (allegedly) that he would never have paid £250,000 to sign him from Swindon.

I think the £300k he paid for Flint was a large part of his budget, not that he didn’t think Flint was worth it.  Just meant he had less to spend elsewhere.

Archived