IGNORED

Fammy straight down the tunnel

A Horse With No Name

Wonder what the story is there? Straight down the tunnel at the end with the Bolton players. Unless he had an injury he needed to have seen to its strange he never celebrated with the rest of the side and the fans. I get that he missed a few sitters, but his head never dropped during the game, and I hope he never felt as though he had a stinker as I felt he did pretty well otherwise. Head up son, the goals will come.

While I find it slightly embarrassing the reactions he gets when he doesn’t score, he could have done himself some good by putting one away. Had 4 chances I could remember. First done well to hold off defender and turn amd shoot. Missed by a good 10 yards. Expect better.

Second ball comes off bar and he puts it over from 8-10 yards out. Has to score. 

Third ball flashes across the box. He throws everything at it. No problems here just unlucky. The reaction from fans OTT here. 

Fourth is similar to third but for some reason does not throw himself at it. Needs to. 

The rest of his game was pretty good today against two giants. At the end of the day however, he is our record signing, a striker and a middle of the table goal scoring side. He needs to put a few more away and people will get off him a bit. Thought he was good today but has to take the pressure off by chipping in a bit more.

Hope he did not go off because he was distraught though. Was more than adequate today. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

While I find it slightly embarrassing the reactions he gets when he doesn’t score, he could have done himself some good by putting one away. Had 4 chances I could remember. First done well to hold off defender and turn amd shoot. Missed by a good 10 yards. Expect better.

think he lost his bearings as he did well to get away from his marker who was tugging him back.  Perfect shot into the corner of a second goalnet!!!

Second ball comes off bar and he puts it over from 8-10 yards out. Has to score. 

Agree, should’ve buried that.  Would’ve gone with his head and bundled the ball and defender over the line.

Third ball flashes across the box. He throws everything at it. No problems here just unlucky. The reaction from fans OTT here. 

O’Dowda blindsided him....not sure what part of COD’s body he was trying to attack it with.

Fourth is similar to third but for some reason does not throw himself at it. Needs to. 

Yeah, and he also had a swivel volley, that he slipped on.

Did well in first half when he pulled one out of the sky and tested Alnwick.

The rest of his game was pretty good today against two giants. At the end of the day however, he is our record signing, a striker and a middle of the table goal scoring side. He needs to put a few more away and people will get off him a bit. Thought he was good today but has to take the pressure off by chipping in a bit more.

He will be judged on goals, but he worked hard, and we played off of him today.  Can’t argue with that.

Hope he did not go off because he was distraught though. Was more than adequate today. 

I doubt it was anything other than a little injury needing to be looked at.

I thought he was immense today.

I fully get that he missed two decent chances and that if this was FIFA, some key stats may not be that high, but he was asked to lead the line again on his own and was constantly, fouled, pushed, pulled and kicked through out.

I get there are better players on this division, but he is far from rubbish.

36 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Should imagine he was pissy as he missed an easy hattrick today. 

Ah well, always next week!

100%

A striker thinks very differently to other players. All this bullshit about "as long as the team wins, I'm happy"

If a striker isn't scoring....he will not be happy, regardless of result and league position . 

He's probably extremely frustrated....nothing more, nothing less 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Possibly over all but Taylors cross was shear class, how no one got on it, who knows!!

Diedhiou IMO isn't a lone striker.  He consistently takes up secondary positions, goes behind a defender or back post instead of in front and attacking the ball.  That particular cross he was in the right place for but I think the pace of the ball and O'Dowda missing it made it harder.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Diedhiou IMO isn't a lone striker.  He consistently takes up secondary positions, goes behind a defender or back post instead of in front and attacking the ball.  That particular cross he was in the right place for but I think the pace of the ball and O'Dowda missing it made it harder.

Yes I don't disagree again, however he is the one we have and we are on a run. He reminds me just a little of Paulo Wanchop in the sense that he doesn't know what he is going to do next, so how is the defender supposed to know. 

You can make an argument that you would get more out of him with another striker, but I, at the moment, would be more concerned about what that might cost us somewhere else. 

We are not that pretty, but it's working and LJ himself says we will not pay the ridiculous fees for strikers, meaning I guess we will have to manufacture one again either from within or pay a fee.  

I thought he was outstanding today. Up against two physical centre halves in Wheater and Beevers, he looked a handful.

i thought he held the ball up well, even had a few decent first touches which are normally rarer than rocking horse shit and brought others into the game well.

The problem is that when you play as a "striker", it doesn't matter how much stick you take from defenders, how good your hold up play, how well you bring teammates into the game you are ultimately measured by goals scored, or , like today, chances missed.

In a game like today's, when on top against a poor team defending deep, chances missed stand out more than ever, and , had we not gone on to win, you can well imagine the crap that would have been headed in Famara's direction from disgruntled fans. I bet he knows that and It is quite likely that he left the  pitch mighty relieved that his "blushes`' were spared, but also frustrated with himself for not putting a few of his chances away.

Archived