IGNORED

Fammy straight down the tunnel

A Horse With No Name

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Diedhiou IMO isn't a lone striker.  He consistently takes up secondary positions, goes behind a defender or back post instead of in front and attacking the ball.  That particular cross he was in the right place for but I think the pace of the ball and O'Dowda missing it made it harder.

I think that is a good point.  He is trying to get in front of his man, but it isn’t natural for him.

He got stacks of abuse from people around me today. He missed a couple of chances yeah, but the level of abuse seemed unjustified. 

Perhaps he's human and doesn't like getting shit for (pretty much) no reason? The effort was there but the execution wasn't 

Seems like some are waiting for him to be the next scapegoat 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Posted this on another thread but Famara is there

I know we won, but this clip does seem to show a 'happy' team.

The warm embrace between KP and LK on the minute mark suggests they have a close relationship (Have they played together for England?) and LK's constant happy demeanour throughout would seem to dispel any suggestions made in other threads that he was angry about being subbed.  

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know we won, but this clip does seem to show a 'happy' team.

The warm embrace between CP and LK on the minute mark suggests they have a close relationship (Have they played together for England?) and LK's constant happy demeanour throughout would seem to dispel any suggestions made in other threads that he was angry about being subbed.  

Who is CP and LK  ?

Always gets me, initials...

I do wonder where all the deluded berks amongst us at Ashton Gate imagine we are going to get an upgrade on fam from for under 6 or 7 million and under 30k a week in wages ie. within our budget?? These people must have some seriously good scouting knowledge because not many championship clubs with similar budgets have managed it.

14 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Wonder what the story is there? Straight down the tunnel at the end with the Bolton players. Unless he had an injury he needed to have seen to its strange he never celebrated with the rest of the side and the fans. I get that he missed a few sitters, but his head never dropped during the game, and I hope he never felt as though he had a stinker as I felt he did pretty well otherwise. Head up son, the goals will come.

He did that at the home game as well ? 

I thought Fam played ok today (first half wasn’t bad at all) his goal scoring record for us is fairly good, perhaps 2 or 3 short of what he should have scored this season based on chances (and very fine margins) but improved from his time in France at angers. I still maintain that we’ll be a more consistent promotion candidate when he’s behind a more clinical striker in the pecking order but as per previous posts, finding that 1 in 2 or better striker is very difficult/pricey in reality.

8 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I do wonder where all the deluded berks amongst us at Ashton Gate imagine we are going to get an upgrade on fam from for under 6 or 7 million and under 30k a week in wages ie. within our budget?? These people must have some seriously good scouting knowledge because not many championship clubs with similar budgets have managed it.

Maybe that guy Semenyo we have on loan at Newport?

20 hours ago, city1983 said:

Yeah I wondered the same. Didn’t applaud the Lansdown stand when going down the tunnel.

He missed a couple of sitters but i thought he put in a decent shift. I wonder if he was given a load of verbal when he missed a couple of his chances

If he did it certainly didn't come from the South stand, considering how many sitters he missed thought the crowd was very patient, perhaps he felt he had let the crowd down and was a bit embarrassed.

23 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Here's one of them.

1689727316_bennyhill.jpg.1416e1ff699f0ea327adbfb5055f4f6b.jpg

• Admin
On 12/01/2019 at 17:45, The Horse With No Name said:

Wonder what the story is there? Straight down the tunnel at the end with the Bolton players. Unless he had an injury he needed to have seen to its strange he never celebrated with the rest of the side and the fans. I get that he missed a few sitters, but his head never dropped during the game, and I hope he never felt as though he had a stinker as I felt he did pretty well otherwise. Head up son, the goals will come.

Hang on... On the club video he walks over with the rest of the team to applaud the Dolman stand 

20190114_162240.jpg

Archived