IGNORED

Hawk Eye

Up The City!

Kinda funny that we were discussing about it the other week in here and about the last time it was used at the Gate.

Was it me or did it seem like an absolute age for the ref to confirm the goal? Is it not ment to be within 1 second?

It would be much better if the graphic could be shown on the screen, has the graphic been released,?

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Kinda funny that we were discussing about it the other week in here and about the last time it was used at the Gate.

Was it me or did it seem like an absolute age for the ref to confirm the goal? Is it not ment to be within 1 second?

It would be much better if the graphic could be shown on the screen, has the graphic been released,?

My seat is right in line with the goal.  Over by a good foot, but it takes me a while to text the ref. ?

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe it’s my varifocals ?

Totally confident it was well over but I did think for a horrible second ‘We Do use VAR ,.......don’t we ......?

We will never know if Lino would have given it 

Lino gave a little look to the ref as he was making way back to halfway line....although it might’ve helped us fans if he had flagged!

Didn't think there was a terribly long delay in the ref's watch pinging. Got the right decision, which is the main thing. Also recall seeing a technician with a ball on the goalline recently, communicating by radio to (presumably) the system upstairs.

On 12/01/2019 at 18:33, Cardy said:

The Lino didn’t give it as he didn’t raise his flag at all. It was the ref’s watch that beeped due to Goal Line Tech not VAR as such. 

Perhaps the GLT 'beep' of the ref's watch could be broadcast over the public address system so that we can all hear it? Oh, hang on ...

I thought it was pretty quick,  just seems like an age.

I must admit,  I'm sat halfway between goal line and halfway in lower Lansdown and although I was shouting goal I certainly wasn't as sure as when it happened earlier this season. Then I could see it was well over but didn't know we GLT and was shouting like a mad man 

As @Davefevs said, the whole ball has to be over, 1 cm touching the line is no goal.

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I must admit,  I'm sat halfway between goal line and halfway in lower Lansdown and although I was shouting goal I certainly wasn't as sure as when it happened earlier this season. Then I could see it was well over but didn't know we GLT and was shouting like a mad man 

As @Davefevs said, the whole ball has to be over, 1 cm touching the line is no goal.

I’m dead level with goal-line up in A4.  Whole of ball a foot over line.

This us my view (not yesterday).

6E5C050F-37D2-42E1-8A18-0B52FD74586E.thumb.jpeg.67084497b8e834ae95055aebab22a4d0.jpeg

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

3.76 seconds from time ball crosses line to referees whistle to signal goal 

:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3.76 seconds from time ball crosses line to referees whistle to signal goal 

:thumbsup:

Doesn't he get notified in under a second? 

I know 3.76 isn't a lot but it was long enough to cause a stuttered celebration.

Maybe a better way to do it is to have the same notification that is sent to the refs watch show up on the big screens? Of course that would need some regulation change but seems sensible.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m dead level with goal-line up in A4.  Whole of ball a foot over line.

This us my view (not yesterday).

6E5C050F-37D2-42E1-8A18-0B52FD74586E.thumb.jpeg.67084497b8e834ae95055aebab22a4d0.jpeg

You must be sat by the GLT camera, that is as good as it gets for goal line action. 

At least this time I knew to look at the ref and not just stand shouting like a maniac

23 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Sometimes it's difficult to see what's happening if you are only looking at what the ball did but in this case their defender was well back over the line and the ball hit him on the chest, so it should have been clear to the ref what happened without the technology.

Disagree. I thought the goal the other night was clear (Liverpool was it?) and 11mm of the ball was not over the line.

Looking at the recent pictures I cannot tell if the ball strikes that defender in the chest that 100% of the ball would have crossed the line albeit it looks likely.

Wait and use the technology. What if the ref or linesman was like “oh yeah that is in“, gives it and the watch does not go off - we in the stands and players on pitch would be going bat-shit if he suddenly reversed the decision !!

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

You must be sat by the GLT camera, that is as good as it gets for goal line action. 

At least this time I knew to look at the ref and not just stand shouting like a maniac

The previous system installed for last season’s cup games was directly above Joe’s seat.  I think they use “triangulation” equipment behind the goal now.  Happy to be corrected.

23 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It looked over from my seat in S21 but I think without GLT it might well have not been given.

Kasey`s change of mood from annoyance to elation was well worth the wait though!

Right, I did like his celebration too, it was just like he was an established team member.  Well done GLT!

Archived