IGNORED

Hawk Eye

Up The City!

On 12/01/2019 at 19:01, Erithacus said:

Didn't think there was a terribly long delay in the ref's watch pinging. Got the right decision, which is the main thing. Also recall seeing a technician with a ball on the goalline recently, communicating by radio to (presumably) the system upstairs.

they do that frequently before games to check the tech - the bloke with the radio basically holds a ball around and over the line to check it registers correctly

14 hours ago, Neo said:

Disagree. I thought the goal the other night was clear (Liverpool was it?) and 11mm of the ball was not over the line.

Looking at the recent pictures I cannot tell if the ball strikes that defender in the chest that 100% of the ball would have crossed the line albeit it looks likely.

Wait and use the technology. What if the ref or linesman was like “oh yeah that is in“, gives it and the watch does not go off - we in the stands and players on pitch would be going bat-shit if he suddenly reversed the decision !!

Thing is mate even before I saw the Evening Post picture above I was going on the position of the defenders feet, which were well behind the goal line. So my point remains, if we were seeing just the ball pinging about it's more difficult to judge where it is in space in relation to the goal line than if it's near or in this case touching a player who is behind the line. I do agree however that the technology must be used.

• Admin
16 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I believe they have been advised not to raise their flag in such situations

The linesman held his arm out straight, I assumed it was his way of indicating his watch had shown it was a goal?

16 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3.76 seconds from time ball crosses line to referees whistle to signal goal 

:thumbsup:

At the time it seemed like an age, but on the highlights it didn't seem as long

17 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Have they got nets up there yet?

17 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Nope, still tape across the two uprights ! :laugh:

Fair play to them for that,  they've clearly progressed from using  a couple of Fred Dibnahs old cloth caps,  they really shouldn't tie whippets to the new uprights though..  not nice for goalies diving onto warm dog pee puddles. Progress all the same.

6 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thing is mate even before I saw the Evening Post picture above I was going on the position of the defenders feet, which were well behind the goal line. So my point remains, if we were seeing just the ball pinging about it's more difficult to judge where it is in space in relation to the goal line than if it's near or in this case touching a player who is behind the line. I do agree however that the technology must be used.

Indeed, and as you stated in an earlier post:

'....but in this case their defender was well back over the line and the ball hit him on the chest, so it should have been clear to the ref what happened without the technology.'

Although, consider womens football, especially with, e.g. Jordan in your defence. 

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

'....but in this case their defender was well back over the line and the ball hit him on the chest, so it should have been clear to the ref what happened without the technology.'

Although, consider womens football, especially with, e.g. Jordan in your defence. 

Tut, tut. A bit saucy there Phil!

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

**Although, consider womens football, especially with, e.g. Jordan in your defence. 

**Good  'points'  well made Phil. 

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:51, PHILINFRANCE said:

Also, how could the technology distinguish between the ball crossing the line and something of a similar shape, size and consistency doing the same?

Archived