IGNORED

New Poster. A bit wary.

roydo

Hi lads and lasses. I looked for a "new posters" sub thread, so if I missed it, sorry Mods. 

Basically, I need some City updates. I moved down to Portishead from Liverpool circa 1975 ish, and cos Ashton Gate was the nearest ground, me and me Dad, both Everton fans, started going to the games. Orient at home was the the first I can recall. But I do remember watching the City/Leeds cup match on telly when Gerry Gow bossed the game. (RIP). I was home and sometimes away right though the 1st Div years, and also through the darker days that followed. Took my girlfriend on a first date to watch the City/Hereford 2nd leg FRT win at the gate! 

Then kids and life and stuff meant I stopped going regularly. Last home game was probably either the 3 2 (?) home against the gas at Christmas, (when they scored after 30 seconds) or an Everton cup match. (On Everton, my first love, I was there when Joe Royle scored 4 against Borough on debut, and when John Bailey bundled in the winner against that lot!)

City have far from been shown up when on telly recently, United, City and West Ham for example, so IF we sneak a play off, and get up, what would be the priorities for SL and LJ, player wise?

Sorry in advance if that topic has been done to death btw. 

17 minutes ago, roydo said:

Hi lads and lasses. I looked for a "new posters" sub thread, so if I missed it, sorry Mods. 

Basically, I need some City updates. I moved down to Portishead from Liverpool circa 1975 ish, and cos Ashton Gate was the nearest ground, me and me Dad, both Everton fans, started going to the games. Orient at home was the the first I can recall. But I do remember watching the City/Leeds cup match on telly when Gerry Gow bossed the game. (RIP). I was home and sometimes away right though the 1st Div years, and also through the darker days that followed. Took my girlfriend on a first date to watch the City/Hereford 2nd leg FRT win at the gate! 

Then kids and life and stuff meant I stopped going regularly. Last home game was probably either the 3 2 (?) home against the gas at Christmas, (when they scored after 30 seconds) or an Everton cup match. (On Everton, my first love, I was there when Joe Royle scored 4 against Borough on debut, and when John Bailey bundled in the winner against that lot!)

City have far from been shown up when on telly recently, United, City and West Ham for example, so IF we sneak a play off, and get up, what would be the priorities for SL and LJ, player wise?

Welcome roydo. You can get all your BCFC updates right here.

Best advice is read a few threads from the titles that interest you and ease yourself in with a few comments rather than attempting to start a debate straightaway.

Pretty friendly place, on the whole, well,  most of the time.

Btw, it seems you haven't been down the Gate for a long time.

What would it take to get you back actively supporting City?

40 minutes ago, roydo said:

Orient at home. Was that the game we won 5-3 after being 3-1 down at half time ?

Robboreds Ok by the way.

You should remember @roydo that everybody on here was a first time poster at some point and, myself excluded, was somewhat shy and gauche at their first typings.

The rule is that your view is as important as anyone else's, bar mine obviously, and that there is no clique of "in" posters owing to the many thousand posters on here and the huge volume of postings.

I don't think we're going up this season but am delighted at the season so far as there is now no relegation threat.

Remember that there is only one rule on OTIB: no puns.

Hi everyone, here is another new poster to get your teeth in to, :laugh:. Very long time reader of this forum, also used to like the BBC chat page. Decided to finally join up and pay to support the forum as it has given me so much enjoyment over the years. Born and raised in Frampton Cotterell/ Winterbourne, first game was home to Southampton in 1974, and a regular attendee until I left Bristol in 1983, now live in Medicine Hat, Canada, so only a long distance fan now but avid searcher for feeds of our matches and following the forum matchday thread when I am unable to watch! Much respect for all you lucky people who go to see City play, I can't wait to get to see the new Ashton Gate when I come over to Bristol later this year. Here's to a great end of this season. Bless you all

1 hour ago, roydo said:

Enter agent Peter Beadle!

1 hour ago, roydo said:

Some OTIB advice

Avoid BBSB he’s a ****

Avoid Septic Peg she will eat you alive

Make sure you are a mate of Robbored’s he could use you

LJ Lover or Hater we need to know?

And don’t expect DollyMarie to help you as now she’s gotta bloke she is never here.

However I was just thinking the same thing in a daydream kind of way. If we were too go up and Cardiff go down I think we might see the return of Young Bobby (Reid). The amount of young players we have on loan will become a factor. As you probably know Semenyo is attracting admiring glances and he is only 18. Also Does Kelly go. We have an option with Desilva if he wants to stay and if we go up, why not!....The rest is dependent on how LJ would set us up!..

6 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Hi everyone, here is another new poster to get your teeth in to, :laugh:. Very long time reader of this forum, also used to like the BBC chat page. Decided to finally join up and pay to support the forum as it has given me so much enjoyment over the years. Born and raised in Frampton Cotterell/ Winterbourne, first game was home to Southampton in 1974, and a regular attendee until I left Bristol in 1983, now live in Medicine Hat, Canada, so only a long distance fan now but avid searcher for feeds of our matches and following the forum matchday thread when I am unable to watch! Much respect for all you lucky people who go to see City play, I can't wait to get to see the new Ashton Gate when I come over to Bristol later this year. Here's to a great end of this season. Bless you all

Welcome aboard Sir

Archived