Kasey Palmer debut

Davefevs

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can see why Johnson let him loose from the bench but he will be surely looking to get a start next week. Made a difference and that’s what we needed.

Big ask to come straight into a team, expect he'll get more and more game time as he gets used to training with us.

Webster had the ball left hand side looking for a run , he waited and waited , I looked at pato who should of made the run but he was just stood by the centre half . Webster past sideways in the end .

palmer comes on , always seemed to be in space (sign of a good player) more or less on the half turn and not as far up the pitch as pato and could turn , face up their back four and drive at them which creates space for other runners off the ball. He’s a different player to pato , a more dynamic player imo as well. 

Dont think pato has that same level of intelligence tbh although power and pace wise they’re poles apart. 

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker
  • I’ll add another, he’s strong and hard to get the ball off of without fouling him

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

Very encouraging debut and he must feel incredibly welcome after repeated renditions of the 'shag my wife' song.

I thought it was a bit OTT for a new player, so quickly, but there was high excitement after the comeback.

To me players have to earn their song with repeated good performances, and I really hope to goes on to do just that.

Signs are good that he will.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very encouraging debut and he must feel incredibly welcome after repeated renditions of the 'shag my wife' song.

I thought it was a bit OTT for a new player, so quickly, but there was high excitement after the comeback.

To me players have to earn their song with repeated good performances, and I really hope to goes on to do just that.

Marlon pack must be pissed off, the blokes been here 5 minutes and got a better song than him and probably sang more too.

Looked very very good and really looking forward to watching him for the rest of the season.  Not only did he look skilful he also looked like he could mix it a bit. Loved the challenge he made on the touch line where he took man and ball.  Good way to endear yourself in your first game - or any game for that matter.  Hope it continues. 

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

it was a bit ott but I bet he can’t wait to pull his boots back on for us now after what was obviously a frustrating time at Blackburn . Scoring the winner and having line ups on the fans missus . Not a bad debut I suppose 

Will push Paterson hard for his place. This is the strength and depth we did not have last year. 

Play like his 30 mins for the rest of the season and he will quickly establish himself as a fan favourite. 

More to come from him. Excellent signing on the face of it. 

Stevo

Archived