IGNORED

Kasey Palmer debut

Davefevs

21 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Very impressive debut, let’s hope it continues. Talking about impressive I thought Webster (again) and O’Dowda (again) were both immense today, I hope they sort his contract out sharpish.

O’Dowda still doesn’t do enough for me.  Admittedly did some better stuff when he drifted inside during first half, and good travel with ball in second half, but then needs to pick the pass.  He had a decent game, but can run back into the pack (not Marlon) when he’s got the option to open it out.

Was a really good debut. Exactly what we needed at that moment in the game. He was keen, energetic, confident in his own ability. So much so I actually thought he could of released the ball a little earlier on a couple of occasions, but also won a lot of free kicks. Just on a slight side note, the timing of the 3 subs was probably just what the Bolton players could of done without. Because they hadn’t had a lot of the ball at that point, so therefore would of been working hard without the ball ( a lot easier if you have it! ), & the 3 subs brought bundles of energy plus more. So yes he did well, but let’s not use it as a stick to beat Patterson with! COYR 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Dowda still doesn’t do enough for me.  Admittedly did some better stuff when he drifted inside during first half, and good travel with ball in second half, but then needs to pick the pass.  He had a decent game, but can run back into the pack (not Marlon) when he’s got the option to open it out.

Why won’t Callum run at the defenders and commit them when he’s at the edge of the box? And Eliasson. They cross when they could be shooting or winning pens.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree Dave he does need to up his game a bit more . It’s either him though or pato going to make way for Palmer and Callum stays for me. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

Sounds like Bobby Reid in the best possible way

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

AC375094-AD8B-40DB-AF7B-9385FAE01BF6.png

Great to see Tammy getting the congrats in.

If we sell Kelly and buy Kalas and De Silva - and add Tammy on top for next years business....

Chelsea seem to enjoy everything City do with their players - clearly LJ and team follow Chelsea's conditions hence the loans.

Could we, maybe,just dream that we could sign all 4 next year on permanent signings?

Kelly and a couple more outgoings would pay for Kalas,De Silva and Palmer.....Will City push the boat out for Tammy who quite clearly loves living in Bristol and playing for us.

We would be a very,very strong team to say the least!

3 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Great to see Tammy getting the congrats in.

If we sell Kelly and buy Kalas and De Silva - and add Tammy on top for next years business....

Chelsea seem to enjoy everything City do with their players - clearly LJ and team follow Chelsea's conditions hence the loans.

Could we, maybe,just dream that we could sign all 4 next year on permanent signings?

Kelly and a couple more outgoings would pay for Kalas,De Silva and Palmer.....Will City push the boat out for Tammy who quite clearly loves living in Bristol and playing for us.

We would be a very,very strong team to say the least!

Tammy is always straight in congratulating many of our players

Also recommended us to KP

Top Lad

Sadly I don’t  think we have a chance of seeing him back

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

Early days Dave

promising debut. If the four points you mentioned above are still ticked after the next four games then we do have genuine competition for some key positions in the team. 

15 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Early days Dave

promising debut. If the four points you mentioned above are still ticked after the next four games then we do have genuine competition for some key positions in the team. 

Indeed....but that is what his game is all about....it’s up to him and his teammates to ensure he has the chance to play like that.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed....but that is what his game is all about....it’s up to him and his teammates to ensure he has the chance to play like that.

Agreed 

Bolton awful. Be interesting on his impact vs higher capability teams. 

Long way to go in the season but the following options open or not as the case maybe 

a) brilliant first half of the season followed by appalling post Xmas blues (not on the cards)

B) slow start but organised yet low scoring games give fans faint hopes of play off (unlikely)

C) set of mixed results lead to top 10 finish (likely)

COYR

Chewing over yesterday two big pluses from that afternoon

Matty Taylor scoring which can only hike his confidence 

but probably most of all - Palmers debut

Always think That first game or couple of games normally has, and perhaps understandably,   a significant impact on a loanees spell 

Palmers certainly couldn’t have been scripted better , a warm welcome , a goal , saw lots of ball in space - you could see his confidence rise and ooze - possibly the best I’ve seen of Palmer , albeit in a very short cameo 

Hope he can get near to maintaining those levels, , and that start , the immediate bond with the fans gives him a real opportunity for a successful and enjoyable loan spell

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Chewing over yesterday two big pluses from that afternoon

Matty Taylor scoring which can only hike his confidence 

but probably most of all - Palmers debut

Always think That first game or couple of games normally has, and perhaps understandably,   a significant impact on a loanees spell 

Palmers certainly couldn’t have been scripted better , a warm welcome , a goal , saw lots of ball in space - you could see his confidence rise and ooze - possibly the best I’ve seen of Palmer , albeit in a very short cameo 

Hope he can get near to maintaining those levels, , and that start , the immediate bond with the fans gives him a real opportunity for a successful and enjoyable loan spell

....and he’s got a song (already)

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno Spud.  Contract to summer 2021.  The better he does here the more he’ll cost!

With the way the loan system is moving, and teams no longer being able to hold onto so many players, I can see Chelsea and others having to offload a fair amount.

Would love to see Kalas and Da Silva stay...and Palmer if he did well.

Just wages I guess.

I didn't really know too much about Kasey Palmer before yesterday but his debut was refreshing and encouraging - receive, turn and look forward.

Hopefully he can continue that way.

I can't see him getting a look in at Chelsea (they've just spent £50 million on an attacking midfielder) and unless they (and he) are happy for him to be continually out on loan (not dissimilar to the Kalas situation) then presumably it's only a matter of time before they look to offload him.

Whether we are are in position/able to sign him if we want him remains to be seen.

Getting off the mark at a new club takes pressure off of a player. It was great that Palmer scored on his debut. That will give him a lot of confidence and that in turn rubs off on the other players. 

Good to go 10 unbeaten too. Some big tests coming up in the next few weeks but if we can play with the shackles off then we could make up some ground on the leading pack.

It’s a good time to hit a vein of form.

Looking good for at least a top half finish this year. Just a few more points required to make certainty of safety and still everything to play for.

Archived