Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Davefevs

Kasey Palmer debut

Thought it was Diony at first then after his first touch i could tell it wasnt!

Very good debut.

Edited by Super
  • Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

I can see why Johnson let him loose from the bench but he will be surely looking to get a start next week. Made a difference and that’s what we needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can see why Johnson let him loose from the bench but he will be surely looking to get a start next week. Made a difference and that’s what we needed.

Big ask to come straight into a team, expect he'll get more and more game time as he gets used to training with us.

• Like 1

Webster had the ball left hand side looking for a run , he waited and waited , I looked at pato who should of made the run but he was just stood by the centre half . Webster past sideways in the end .

palmer comes on , always seemed to be in space (sign of a good player) more or less on the half turn and not as far up the pitch as pato and could turn , face up their back four and drive at them which creates space for other runners off the ball. He’s a different player to pato , a more dynamic player imo as well. 

Dont think pato has that same level of intelligence tbh although power and pace wise they’re poles apart. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Got a good song already ......

My Mrs wasn't impressed though

Mine was ... wants to know where she signs up .... ?! 

• Haha 12

Breath of fresh air to see, enjoyed him tussling for the ball and creating chances, totally changed our attacking system when he came on. :clap:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker
  • I’ll add another, he’s strong and hard to get the ball off of without fouling him

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

• Like 2

Very encouraging debut and he must feel incredibly welcome after repeated renditions of the 'shag my wife' song.

I thought it was a bit OTT for a new player, so quickly, but there was high excitement after the comeback.

To me players have to earn their song with repeated good performances, and I really hope to goes on to do just that.

Signs are good that he will.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very encouraging debut and he must feel incredibly welcome after repeated renditions of the 'shag my wife' song.

I thought it was a bit OTT for a new player, so quickly, but there was high excitement after the comeback.

To me players have to earn their song with repeated good performances, and I really hope to goes on to do just that.

Marlon pack must be pissed off, the blokes been here 5 minutes and got a better song than him and probably sang more too.

Looked very very good and really looking forward to watching him for the rest of the season.  Not only did he look skilful he also looked like he could mix it a bit. Loved the challenge he made on the touch line where he took man and ball.  Good way to endear yourself in your first game - or any game for that matter.  Hope it continues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swanker said:

If I was Patterson I’d be worried, he must be💩his pants!

Good. Competition for his spot. From the sounds of it, he needs to do a hell of a lot of work to get back into the team as well!

Looked a bit like Diony from the Dolman. I had a Rambo style flashback for a bit. Looked alright but too early to judge and the song had us all laughing. Cracking

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Looked a bit like Diony from the Dolman. I had a Rambo style flashback for a bit. Looked alright but too early to judge and the song had us all laughing. Cracking

OMG Don’t say that

:blink:

@RedDave will go beresk 

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

it was a bit ott but I bet he can’t wait to pull his boots back on for us now after what was obviously a frustrating time at Blackburn . Scoring the winner and having line ups on the fans missus . Not a bad debut I suppose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

David Pleat mentioned Palmer in a list of really good Chelski players who don’t get a look in at Stamford Bridge, Tammy also got a mention. So, hopefully Kasey will come good for us.

Will push Paterson hard for his place. This is the strength and depth we did not have last year. 

Play like his 30 mins for the rest of the season and he will quickly establish himself as a fan favourite. 

More to come from him. Excellent signing on the face of it. 

Stevo

• Like 2

Very impressive debut, let’s hope it continues. Talking about impressive I thought Webster (again) and O’Dowda (again) were both immense today, I hope they sort his contract out sharpish.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Are you ok after that bounce around 😂😂😂

😂

Have to admit , needed a sit down when I got home

😂

The signs are good, power, pace, skill, gets stuck in and has a high level of football intelligence.

I think Paterson will be picking the splinters out of his bottom from now on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Very impressive debut, let’s hope it continues. Talking about impressive I thought Webster (again) and O’Dowda (again) were both immense today, I hope they sort his contract out sharpish.

O’Dowda still doesn’t do enough for me.  Admittedly did some better stuff when he drifted inside during first half, and good travel with ball in second half, but then needs to pick the pass.  He had a decent game, but can run back into the pack (not Marlon) when he’s got the option to open it out.

• Like 2

Had a great debut, was powerful, intelligent and wasn't afraid to get stuck in, not to mention skilful. Hopefully he will improve our attacking options and get lot's of game time. Like this player a lot, good business by MA and LJ.

• Like 1

He`s much bigger and stronger than I thought he was and very difficult to knock off the ball without fouling him - about six times they hacked him down I think.

Bloody funny when he thought he hadn`t scored and then realised he actually had too!

Was a really good debut. Exactly what we needed at that moment in the game. He was keen, energetic, confident in his own ability. So much so I actually thought he could of released the ball a little earlier on a couple of occasions, but also won a lot of free kicks. Just on a slight side note, the timing of the 3 subs was probably just what the Bolton players could of done without. Because they hadn’t had a lot of the ball at that point, so therefore would of been working hard without the ball ( a lot easier if you have it! ), & the 3 subs brought bundles of energy plus more. So yes he did well, but let’s not use it as a stick to beat Patterson with! COYR 

• Like 4

Very impressed with his 30 mins he had 

Not getting too excited yet though - I still have nightmares about Tony Dinning

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Dowda still doesn’t do enough for me.  Admittedly did some better stuff when he drifted inside during first half, and good travel with ball in second half, but then needs to pick the pass.  He had a decent game, but can run back into the pack (not Marlon) when he’s got the option to open it out.

Why won’t Callum run at the defenders and commit them when he’s at the edge of the box? And Eliasson. They cross when they could be shooting or winning pens.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree Dave he does need to up his game a bit more . It’s either him though or pato going to make way for Palmer and Callum stays for me. 

• Like 1

Ha ha

Did the right thing too - running to the singing section

and a longer audio (only)one for written press

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

Liked what I saw from him today.

As well as the goal obviously, good movement, seemed happy to take people on, as in running at them.

Very good start, let's hope he builds on it as his understanding with the team grows.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see another thread.

Gave us exactly what we needed:

• gets in the box
  • wants the ball
  • happy to compete in challenges
  • that little bit of pace (that Pato lacks) to get away from his marker

probably lots of other things too.  Pato did ok today, but no way he would be heading in from 5 yards.

Sounds like Bobby Reid in the best possible way

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Sounds like Bobby Reid in the best possible way

The rumour going round our little section today was that Bobby was having a medical....until someone showed them Cardiff’s line-up!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

What a fantastic press conference that was. Proper warming to him and his personality already!

Says “I wanna be here”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

AC375094-AD8B-40DB-AF7B-9385FAE01BF6.png

Great to see Tammy getting the congrats in.

If we sell Kelly and buy Kalas and De Silva - and add Tammy on top for next years business....

Chelsea seem to enjoy everything City do with their players - clearly LJ and team follow Chelsea's conditions hence the loans.

Could we, maybe,just dream that we could sign all 4 next year on permanent signings?

Kelly and a couple more outgoings would pay for Kalas,De Silva and Palmer.....Will City push the boat out for Tammy who quite clearly loves living in Bristol and playing for us.

We would be a very,very strong team to say the least!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Great to see Tammy getting the congrats in.

If we sell Kelly and buy Kalas and De Silva - and add Tammy on top for next years business....

Chelsea seem to enjoy everything City do with their players - clearly LJ and team follow Chelsea's conditions hence the loans.

Could we, maybe,just dream that we could sign all 4 next year on permanent signings?

Kelly and a couple more outgoings would pay for Kalas,De Silva and Palmer.....Will City push the boat out for Tammy who quite clearly loves living in Bristol and playing for us.

We would be a very,very strong team to say the least!

Tammy is always straight in congratulating many of our players

Also recommended us to KP

Top Lad

Sadly I don’t  think we have a chance of seeing him back

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

The only hope small hope of signing Tammy is if we go up this season - even then I doubt we could afford wages others would pay...

Kasey looked really promising - great to see him going forward as much as possible.