IGNORED

Phil Parkinson

nickolas

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Was he tattooed and wearing just a shirt on top?

I saw one guy in a Bolton shirt buying a bottle of something in Sainsbury's......he must have desperate.

He looked like he was a member of Sleaford Mods....with fewer teeth

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought he was very sensible and complimentary about us on a number of occasions 

Exactly. Certainly doesn't deserve some of the crap I've read tonight. At a club who are clearly struggling in every possible way right now. Was as you say, complimentary about us. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. I'll save that for the real ****s in the game.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Exactly. Certainly doesn't deserve some of the crap I've read tonight. At a club who are clearly struggling in every possible way right now. Was as you say, complimentasry about us. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. I'll save that for the real ****s

I don’t think he’s a bad manager 

15 minutes ago, Tiree said:

So Red Robbo can change his tune now as well. 

A 'classic Johnson sub activity' is making the most positive of changes. 

He seems to have done this all season, unlike most other coaches

Go Lee go!

7th in the league and everyone is now seeing us above the radar whereas since losing our 20goal main man, we have been under that radar. 

Lets hope the players can be refreshed and respond accordingly to this second half of the season. 

I know we've only one home league game this month but maintaining this form well into Feb will surely make a massive difference to the actual (not the reported) home crowds and the away support too? 

VERY FEW CITY FANS HAVE SEEN US EVER WIN AT FOREST! 

Go Reds! 

Agree - 

@Red-Robbo is another ‘splitter’

Burn them !

Burn Them !

2 hours ago, Edge1981 said:

Reading that article, I don’t think he said anything wrong. The subs did change the course of the game. 

Yeah I agree. Reading the article, I can't see anything wrong with what Parkinson said.  Said they should have done better for both our goals and agree. If tables were turned we'd have been saying the same. Their GK and Defence should have done better. Definately wasn't a case of them not being able to do anything about either goals.

Great result though. Well done lads.

Parkinson is a decent manager but he's up against it at Bolton right now, as the owner brings into question just how bad you have to be in terms of your financial history before you are barred from taking over a football club. If Parkinson keeps them up in their current circumstances, that will be as good an achievement as whichever manager wins the league.

4 hours ago, nickolas said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46766455

what a ******. 

They guy spent all game going mental on the touchline. 

Isnt it funny how a losing Manager can see a game, especially one where they came for a 0-0 yet somehow found themselves ahead. 

Anyone else think they were lucky to not finish with 9 men too?!

There was only a single team in that game and, missing too many chances aside, there was only one team likely to win. 

What on Earth has he said there to get upset about? #snowflakegeneration 

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What on Earth has he said there to get upset about? #snowflakegeneration 

Spouting bullsh1t thats what. 

Subs didnt change the game at all. We were the only team in the game! Yes 2 of them scored the goals but we were creating chance after chance 2nd half so him talking as if the game changed is just pure b0ll0x!

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Subs didnt change the game at all. We were the only team in the game! Yes 2 of them scored the goals but we were creating chance after chance 2nd half so him talking as if the game changed is just pure b0ll0x!

Yep, we created 4 chances in the first 5 minutes of the second half, and they then scored a stupid goal.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The mistake by Lloyd Kelly changed the game.  They created zilch, and an aimless punt up field led to their goal. They finished it well, but they created little of their own.

From where I sit,  directly behind Ameobi when he hit the ball, in my opinion that was a shot not a cross. Buckley just gambled and got lucky. 

51 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

From where I sit,  directly behind Ameobi when he hit the ball, in my opinion that was a shot not a cross. Buckley just gambled and got lucky. 

Yeah, my aimless punt comment was for the ball before Kelly stuffed up, not the ball by Ameobi afterwards.

The Opts stats prior to yesterday's match stated:

"Bristol City have won their last two home Championship games against Bolton by an aggregate score of 8-0.

Bolton have lost 13 of their last 17 away league games against Bristol City (W2 D2).

Bolton have not won an away league match against a side ending in City since a 3-0 victory over Cardiff back in April 2015. The Trotters have drawn four, lost ten and failed to score in ten of their last fourteen such encounters.

Phil Parkinson has never won an away league match at Ashton Gate against Bristol City as a manager (P7 W0 D4 L3)".

I think Phil probably had prepared his losers speech on the journey down!

15 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought he was very sensible and complimentary about us on a number of occasions 

Pretty honest assessment.  Even in saying that they should’ve got something from being 1-0 up, he acknowledged we flashed balls across the box.

This parody account made me laugh.

17 hours ago, Tiree said:

So Red Robbo can change his tune now as well. 

A 'classic Johnson sub activity' is making the most positive of changes. 

He seems to have done this all season, unlike most other coaches

Go Lee go!

7th in the league and everyone is now seeing us above the radar whereas since losing our 20goal main man, we have been under that radar. 

Lets hope the players can be refreshed and respond accordingly to this second half of the season. 

I know we've only one home league game this month but maintaining this form well into Feb will surely make a massive difference to the actual (not the reported) home crowds and the away support too? 

VERY FEW CITY FANS HAVE SEEN US EVER WIN AT FOREST! 

Go Reds! 

If he had have played Palmer and Taylor from the start, instead of bringing them on in the 62nd minute, perhaps we would have enjoyed a crushing home victory against a very poor and demoralised Bolton side. It's lovely to be 7th, but I think we all know the side could, and should, do better in some of these games against weak sides.

I'm not sure what tune I've changed though? I've never been a harsh critic of Johnson. I'm on the fence over his abilities. I see weaknesses as well as strengths, though as I always say, I don't think he's a stupid man and he's still relatively young for his role: he can learn and improve, just as individual players can.

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

How absurd ?.  The impetus of the introduction of the 3 subs lifted the team and the crowd and made the difference. Parkinson is a solid and experienced coach, and if given a decent budget would do well at any club. I personally hope Bolton stay up. To say he's spouting BS is just disingenuous and simply not true.  In other words.....your'e the one doing the spouting.

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If he had have played Palmer and Taylor from the start, instead of bringing them on in the 62nd minute, perhaps we would have enjoyed a crushing home victory against a very poor and demoralised Bolton side. It's lovely to be 7th, but I think we all know the side could, and should, do better in some of these games against weak sides.

I'm not sure what tune I've changed though? I've never been a harsh critic of Johnson. I'm on the fence over his abilities. I see weaknesses as well as strengths, though as I always say, I don't think he's a stupid man and he's still relatively young for his role: he can learn and improve, just as individual players can.

Ifs, buts and maybes. ?

We should never had to chase the game, the way we conceded was very poor, but we created chances throughout, the opening 55 minutes.  The chance to Diedhiou after Webster headed against the bar really should’ve been 1-0, as chances go, it was a sitter.  We then go on and win comfortably.  We cane out in the opening 5 minutes of the second half and a goal looked inevitable...it was....for them ?.  The crowd was in good voice and were expecting us to get the first goal.  We had good momentum, and Bolton were more than happy to clear their lines and boot in into our corner...we know what happened next.

Would've liked to see us push on having got to 2-1.  That’s not going gung-ho, but when the chance comes, don’t turn back and then slow it all down.  That may be our undoing at times...e.g. Norwich, Millwall etc.

E7FE31D0-F5F2-490D-A241-7764C523D584.thumb.jpeg.c166ca967680e281ae3c584491f42aa7.jpeg

Archived