IGNORED

Charity Collecters

JasonM88

8 hours ago, Always red said:

I am one of those charity collectors and a season ticket holder in the South stand. We ask for permission to collect before the season and the club do send us terms and conditions before the game indicating what we can and cannot do. This is circulated to all of those taking part. I have to say they (Bristol Sport) are very supportive. We get paid NOTHING and give up a few hours to help others.  We just want to help those that need a boost. All charities remain extremely grateful for any donations made. Are they worthwhile-Yes. My club has normally collected at City games for the Childrens' hospital and the Childrens' Hospice South West at Wraxhall raising on average £500-600.This season for the first time we did a Bristol Bears game and raised over £900 for the Hospice. Please remember that when you see these people. We are trying to help.

On behalf of all members Clevedon Yeo Rotary club

COYR's 

I am also a season ticket holder and have given my time to CHSW to collect at Ashton Gate. 

Last time I collected was Feb (photo courtesy of @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO )

I'll also be in Sainsbury's on Winterstoke Road on 4th May 2pm - 4pm and Debenhams on 18th May 10am to 3:30pm if you would like to donate. 

CHSW Ashton Gate.jpeg

On 13/01/2019 at 02:29, Mr Popodopolous said:

Charities and charity fundraising...interesting subject!

Obviously no problem with today whatsoever, but overall an interesting subject.

The cause is obviously excellent with charities, no debate there. I think fundraisers though ideally should be directly employed. Because some of the fundraising methods and companies- and this cuts across both the companies and the charities- not the best.

Without going into specifics, to hire most on an agency basis and agency means you can hire and fire at will via outsourcing- would argue that doesn't reflect brilliantly on the charity sector for a start. Then there's some of the telephone fundraisers themselves, but they themselves are under pressure or I don't know target related to raise money for the charity. Even seen the odd job raising cash via companies like Cobra Group (look them up) which have been commission only for door to door fundraising. Dodgy but if the charity have involvement no party comes out looking well. There is a tendency though to think "Charity virtuous, other companies raising on behalf of questionable" but not always so simple.

The middle management and top brass in these places get rewarded rather decently- don't just mean in terms of cash or even in terms of cash necessarily, but items like BUPA as part of package, season ticket loans, gym membership etc- interesting area. Contrast that to people on phone at these companies agency hired who may have some hard sell techniques, but on the other hand are in pretty precarious ways. Not sure anyone comes out looking fantastic.

Without naming names or companies/charities, the best example I know of is one of the top Charities in the country having their links to the NHS. Cancer charity- but BUPA as part of package for various (not all but various) middling and top brass there. Corporate partnership maybe? I don't know, but maybe. They have NHS Trust in Partnership with said charity and yet BUPA! It's a hard one.

Now it's an old Job ad I'll grant you but a quick google search of the sector and examples lead me to this. No I don't think the wages are excessive but it's an interesting mismatch because phone bashing for charity is hard work, yet rewarding and to be agency only open ended quite likely set against this is an interesting contrast.

Good due diligence,

One thing that really upset me a few years ago was when my ex did some kind of walk for a charity on a saturday.

On getting home from work the landline rang and a rather strange voice asked can i speak to mrs louie  no please hello or anything tactful.

Who the fs this i asked?

Im from such and such charity he said then explained they havent had payment from her for the walk two days ago.

What a nerve!

You will get your cheque i said then slammed the phone down.

If his phone manner would have been more tactful i wouldnt have minded.

Archived