IGNORED

Time to back Johnson

Suffolk Red

All the Johnson haters have retreated back into their shells and so they should.

Lee isn't perfect, but given the so called "crown jewels" we sold last year he has done remarkably well to get us near the play offs. 

I feel the club is now being run the right way and we would be fools to hound Lee out of the club. 

Look what has happened at Ipswich, where the crowd got fed up with mid table mediocrity and now face league 1 obscurity.

11 minutes ago, Suffolk Red said:

All the Johnson haters have retreated back into their shells and so they should.

Lee isn't perfect, but given the so called "crown jewels" we sold last year he has done remarkably well to get us near the play offs. 

I feel the club is now being run the right way and we would be fools to hound Lee out of the club. 

Look what has happened at Ipswich, where the crowd got fed up with mid table mediocrity and now face league 1 obscurity.

Think we’ve done this one!  You were probably booing at 0-0, and buying bedsheets at 0-1 ? ?

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:yawn:

D8024067-ADA3-4405-A469-F553358B0554.jpeg

Can’t like this enough!!

Mods should genuinely start removing these inflammatory, point scoring posts. All it does is create a toxic environment on here and lead to bickering and ruins the place for people who don't give a rats arse about it.

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Mods should genuinely start removing these inflammatory, point scoring posts. All it does is create a toxic environment on here and lead to bickering and ruins the place for people who don't give a rats arse about it.

No it doesn’t!

51 minutes ago, Suffolk Red said:

OK , I will bite

I don’t believe anyone is ‘hounding’ him out of the club at all.

He is the HC of a Championship football club, do you really believe that every other club in this league, or any professional league, in any country, has supporters  that are 100% behind their HC or Manager - that simply does not happen, in ANY team sport.

Currently, we are doing OK but anyone who believes that all is well is frankly deluded. Now the reasons all is not well do not all lie at LJ’s door BUT he is the focal point, it comes with the job, for which he is very well renumerated.

But looking at the things LJ can control, I thought today’s subs were excellent in both their timing and selection and we won the game - I do wonder however, what he would have done had they not scored when they did, would he have stuck with what he had until 70 minutes? Longer? - no idea.

I think LJ will be much more admired if we do not go on one of his infamous losing streaks at any point between now and the end of the season. Whether you like that or not his coaching career is littered with them - he is not an inexperienced coach he has been in charge of just over 300 games, he is no longer a novice.

Here, he now has his ‘ squad’ and he will stand or fall based on that. He can’t complain that he has not been backed or given the tools to do the job, it is now down to him.

As someone who has been critical of Johnson, but never hated him, I only thought it might be time to get rid of him once....Preston away.  

Its great that I can come on here on a Saturday night after a win and talk about the players, the performance, without agenda.  There were things to critique today, you’re never gonna get a perfect performance, but lots to praise also.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

As someone who has been critical of Johnson, but never hated him, I only thought it might be time to get rid of him once....Preston away.  

Its great that I can come on here on a Saturday night after a win and talk about the players, the performance, without agenda.  There were things to critique today, you’re never gonna get a perfect performance, but lots to praise also.

Exactly my thoughts too Dave.

We're Bristol City, nothing has ever been perfect and probably never will be. That's what makes the good things that much sweeter. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Perfectly said, Dave.

That is totally my take on it too.

Never been a Lee hater anyway so, I'm foxed as to this get behind him stuff.

Credit where credit is due, and the same for criticism. Easy really

Archived