IGNORED

Time to back Johnson

Suffolk Red

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He makes a valid point that you've PM'd him being personal, the rest of the post I don't agree with. 

The difference is I haven't seem him turn personal before, although I may have missed it. However you do regularly and has meant that some posters have stopped posting as regularly as they used to which is a shame

Grow up....let them sort it out themselves.  You’ll see ER has not been on here, he’s moved on....you’re the one carrying on.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Grow up....let them sort it out themselves. 

Funny place this, as soon as a poster tries to stick to the rules he gets shot down in flames by 'bigger' posters who have a larger following. 

No surprise some have stopped posting tbf

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You ‘missed it ‘......because you were , as normal jumping in as normal and couldn’t wait to,pile in .....when you think you have a sparring buddy to work with

Pathetic 

Didn't really understand any of that tbh (bar the last bit, but then again that could have been scripted...) 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Funny place this, as soon as a poster tries to stick to the rules he gets shot down in flames by 'bigger' posters who have a larger following. 

Do you alert the mods every time there’s a personal insult

Are you consistent....... 

Shall I answer that ?

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You ‘missed it ‘......because you were , as normal jumping in as normal and couldn’t wait to,pile in .....when you think you have a sparring buddy to work with

Pathetic 

And a snake

You will go down a treat in real life

Bob, seriously don't bite, it's just not worth it mate. Just respond to people that want to talk football. 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Didn't really understand any of that tbh (bar the last bit, but then again that could have been scripted...) 

Report the post then.  There’s a facility to do this.  Nothing to do with post count.  Nothing to do with following.  You are making yourself look a bit silly.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do you alert the mods every time there’s a personal insult

Are you consistent....... 

Shall I answer that ?

No, because I'm not on here 24/7 and weirdly the majority I see come from you, which says a lot about how you cope with constructive criticism more than anything... 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

No, because I'm not on here 24/7 and weirdly the majority I see come from you, which says a lot about how you cope with constructive criticism more than anything... 

JBFC, no offence mate but you started all this bullshit on this thread. 

I'm aware that you've got previous with BBSB, and you also know that he won't take your digs lying down but for the rest of the 100's of people on this forum, please leave your playground arguments to PM as we don't want to read it and couldn't give a flying about it. Cheers 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Report the post then.  There’s a facility to do this.  Nothing to do with post count.  Nothing to do with following.  You are making yourself look a bit silly.

It is though isn't it, if a smaller poster was constantly personal in the way Bob is, it wouldn't be tolerated. 

However, due to him having the highest poat count on here, plus the fact that he does, the majority of the time, engage in reasonable debate, he gets away with it

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

JBFC, no offence mate but you started all this bullshit on this thread. 

I'm aware that you've got previous with BBSB, and you also know that he won't take your digs lying down but for the rest of the 100's of people on this forum, please leave your playground arguments to PM as we don't want to read it and couldn't give a flying about it. Cheers 

I started it? 

Think you're slightly mistaken there... 

Anyway, if calling someone out for breaking forum rules is now an offence I really do give up, think I might follow others and take a break from posting

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It is though isn't it, if a smaller poster was constantly personal in the way Bob is, it wouldn't be tolerated. 

However, due to him having the highest poat count on here, plus the fact that he does, the majority of the time, engage in reasonable debate, he gets away with it

Ask yourself, you’re obviously educated enough to be going to uni next year, what some of the other common denominators are?

His post count is high because he posts a lot, a very high proportion about football.  Your proportion of antagonistic posts is going up.

I will leave it there.  But have a think mate!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Ask yourself, you’re obviously educated enough to be going to uni next year, what some of the other common denominators are?

His post count is high because he posts a lot, a very high proportion about football.  Your proportion of antagonistic posts is going up.

I will leave it there.  But have a think mate!

It's probably too late for my mind to function properly, but I have little idea what that's supposed to mean. 

Nor do I have any idea what my age has to do with it but hey ho

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I started it? 

Think you're slightly mistaken there... 

Anyway, if calling someone out for breaking forum rules is now an offence I really do give up, think I might follow others and take a break from posting

Ok fine, you didn't start it but as soon  as someone called BBSB out you were very quick to jump in and antagonize him. Am I wrong now?

If someone on an internet forum bothers you that much, maybe a break would be a good thing. Would be a shame as sometimes you can be a good poster and have opinions worth reading even if I don't always agree with what you post, the same as I don't always agree with what BBSB and others post, but surely that's the whole point of this?

I looked at the thread title and didn't expect the text following it, I expected roll call for support not yet another divisive load of shit.

It really is just another bollux thread really which would inevitably result in confrontation.

Yet another poster who accuses us who are not over enamoured with our Head Coach as "Haters".

I don't hate anyone. I consider that Lee Johnson is not the one to take our club forward with his boom and bust results.

We are on an undefeated run of nine matches following a run of eleven points from the thirty six points available. I'm very pleased with the current points gathering, however most of the games especially at home have been so devoid of entertainment.

How long will this run last? And will it be followed with another fallow period? I shan't get too excited yet.

I agree with the overall point the OP was making, as it was (I think) meant to be a call for unity.

But it also labelled a group as "Johnson haters" so I can also see why people are saying it is divisive.

I agree with the overall points because unity would be a much better place for the club, and I do agree that some people are very quick to criticise Johnson- @BobBobSuperBob I would say that, IMO you are among those. However, from speaking to you I respect that you, in a football respect, know what you are talking about even if I sometimes think you are overly harsh.

However, even though I may disagree that doesn't mean those in the "quick to criticise" bracket don't have valid points in the concerns they bring up.

Johnson as a manager is not perfect and does get things wrong, I'm not even sure he will necessarily be the manager to get us promotion, but I feel that with budgets and squad quality considered he is doing a decent job. Not outstanding, but a good job.

15 hours ago, Suffolk Red said:

All the Johnson haters have retreated back into their shells and so they should.

Lee isn't perfect, but given the so called "crown jewels" we sold last year he has done remarkably well to get us near the play offs. 

I feel the club is now being run the right way and we would be fools to hound Lee out of the club. 

Look what has happened at Ipswich, where the crowd got fed up with mid table mediocrity and now face league 1 obscurity.

I will never retreat back to my "shell" but I'll back the lads 100%, 

18 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

OK , I will bite

I don’t believe anyone is ‘hounding’ him out of the club at all.

He is the HC of a Championship football club, do you really believe that every other club in this league, or any professional league, in any country, has supporters  that are 100% behind their HC or Manager - that simply does not happen, in ANY team sport.

Currently, we are doing OK but anyone who believes that all is well is frankly deluded. Now the reasons all is not well do not all lie at LJ’s door BUT he is the focal point, it comes with the job, for which he is very well renumerated.

But looking at the things LJ can control, I thought today’s subs were excellent in both their timing and selection and we won the game - I do wonder however, what he would have done had they not scored when they did, would he have stuck with what he had until 70 minutes? Longer? - no idea.

I think LJ will be much more admired if we do not go on one of his infamous losing streaks at any point between now and the end of the season. Whether you like that or not his coaching career is littered with them - he is not an inexperienced coach he has been in charge of just over 300 games, he is no longer a novice.

Here, he now has his ‘ squad’ and he will stand or fall based on that. He can’t complain that he has not been backed or given the tools to do the job, it is now down to him.

All I will say is that without LJ we wouldn't have had Tammy at Ashton Gate, as previously reported it was the personal effort with Tammys parents that sealed the deal. Without Tammys success we wouldn't have got Kalas or Jay and without Jay we wouldn't have got Kasey.   LJ set the first move in motion and now we are no longer Little old Bristol,City but the Championship club of choice for teams such as Chelsea, as well as developing talent such as Reid & Kelly, long may it continue.

14 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

All I will say is that without LJ we wouldn't have had Tammy at Ashton Gate, as previously reported it was the personal effort with Tammys parents that sealed the deal. Without Tammys success we wouldn't have got Kalas or Jay and without Jay we wouldn't have got Kasey.   LJ set the first move in motion and now we are no longer Little old Bristol,City but the Championship club of choice for teams such as Chelsea, as well as developing talent such as Reid & Kelly, long may it continue.

We built good loan relationships under other managers....but good work by Lee on the ones you mention above though.  I guess some proof of pudding would be if available whether any would want to come here permanently  

Not sure how much dealings we will have with St Etienne and Liverpool in future though!!! ?

I back Johnson, but I reserve the right to be critical if I think he's getting some things wrong.

One of the things about football being a "game of opinions" is we may all differ from the OP and can freely say so. 

If you want to follow a team where nobody dare criticise the manager, maybe follow Pyongyang City rather than us?

18 hours ago, JBFC II said:

There are many things I'd like to call some people on here, doesn't mean I do it behind the safety of a keyboard. There's absolutely 0 need for it. 

@EmersonsRed makes a valid point, absolutely 0 need to attack him for it

@EmersonsRed posting “you really are mentally gone aren’t you” at @BobBobSuperBob isn’t a ‘valid point’ ......sorry to butt in, but that wasn’t called for....as you were....

30 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I back Johnson, but I reserve the right to be critical if I think he's getting some things wrong.

One of the things about football being a "game of opinions" is we may all differ from the OP and can freely say so. 

If you want to follow a team where nobody dare criticise the manager, maybe follow Pyongyang City rather than us?

Nothing wrong with being critical at times, but some of the rubbish on here from some posters was ridiculous. Please don't kid yourselves into thinking it has gone either, if City lose their next three games this ten match run will be forgotten about and the same sad 'midget out' posts will pop up. We should deal in facts, over his tenure he has steered us away from relegation, is on course to improve our league position for a 4th consecutive season, has made a national cup semi and has made a profit on transfers. The bloke deserves respect and not people writing him off as soon as we have an inevitable dip in form like 95% of teams in the championship have.

of course there will be a time when it will be in everyone's best interests for a change of manager as every one has their time eventually, but looking at his achievements it is certainly now time for the Johnson out brigade to admit they got it wrong and he has been one of the better managers in our history.

4 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Nothing wrong with being critical at times, but some of the rubbish on here from some posters was ridiculous. Please don't kid yourselves into thinking it has gone either, if City lose their next three games this ten match run will be forgotten about and the same sad 'midget out' posts will pop up. We should deal in facts, over his tenure he has steered us away from relegation, is on course to improve our league position for a 4th consecutive season, has made a national cup semi and has made a profit on transfers. The bloke deserves respect and not people writing him off as soon as we have an inevitable dip in form like 95% of teams in the championship have.

of course there will be a time when it will be in everyone's best interests for a change of manager as every one has their time eventually, but looking at his achievements it is certainly now time for the Johnson out brigade to admit they got it wrong and he has been one of the better managers in our history.

Top post SG.  Very well put and 100% spot on.

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

In recent years, certainly. And I've highlighted a bit of your post, because I agree, we've all had many years now to come to terms with the fact that Lee is not a tall man, we've had some fun, but constantly harping on about it is both tiresome and disrespectful to our head coach.

I suppose it's the nature of some football fans to be all or nothing about people. Folk are either total heroes or idiotic villains in their eyes. They are the kind of fans who are a bit like my springer spaniel: they are either getting over-excited or they are asleep! :laughcont:

6 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Nothing wrong with being critical at times, but some of the rubbish on here from some posters was ridiculous. Please don't kid yourselves into thinking it has gone either, if City lose their next three games this ten match run will be forgotten about and the same sad 'midget out' posts will pop up.

The test for posters on here will their reaction if that happens.  Talking league games only, if we lost the next 3, we’d be P12 W5 D4 L3....which would deserve no real criticism, just “critiquing” of why and what the differences were, etc.  Of course you could add in the 4 games beforehand in which case it would be P16 W5 D4 L7.  In my view that is still “okay", not great, but not worthy of the expected “relegation form” comments either.

So sat here today, LJ would not deserve any slating if we did lose a few.

That to me is the context of where we are, where we’ve come from over 6-8 weeks, and ultimately where we might be in a few weeks time.

This is the best place LJ has been in since this time last year.  Long may it continue.

We should deal in facts, over his tenure he has steered us away from relegation, is on course to improve our league position for a 4th consecutive season,

True, the test is to stretch the gap between number of wins v defeats....it’s quite close at the mo’.  Playoff teams typically win almost twice as many as they lose.  This season possibly slightly less.

has made a national cup semi

True

and has made a profit on transfers.

This is true, but open to a lot of challenge.  With loan fees, it might well be a loss!  If you look at the players he’s signed and sold, it’s a loss.  But of course he has players bought, yet to be sold.  I would say that recruitment is improving, but it was poor and wasteful up until this summer.

The bloke deserves respect and not people writing him off as soon as we have an inevitable dip in form like 95% of teams in the championship have.

He does deserve respect.  He’s doing alright to good (sounds like horse racing going!) with an upward trend.  That is the plus for me.  There must be a very small number of fans with blinkers on who don’t think he’s doing a decent job.  I think if there are grumbles at the mo, it’s over performances, and goalmouth action.  That depends on how you view the game though I guess.

Archived