IGNORED

Dolman stand fans seem to be getting posher

Mrdc

Have been a season ticket in central block of dolman and sonething occurred to me today.

Loooking around the stand today the traditional working class football fan seems to have almost disappeared. The stand seems to have come become incredibly middle class of late and for me the atmosphere just doesn’t feel the same since the redevelopment.

4 minutes ago, boatman said:

Have been a season ticket in central block of dolman and sonething occurred to me today.

Loooking around the stand today the traditional working class football fan seems to have almost disappeared. The stand seems to have come become incredibly middle class of late and for me the atmosphere just doesn’t feel the same since the redevelopment.

Agree. Does my head in when those around me are unwrapping their prawn sandwiches and pouring their cups of earl grey

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Most people around me in Block C have been there for years. Proper fans. Not a prawn sandwich in sight  

Apart from @Bristol Rob @Arthur Daley @not_for_you @Ring @SuperDziek@Orbital obvs. 

Same where I am in Block B.

Im surrounded by long standing City fans mostly of the same generation as me.  They’re all true City who’ve been there and done that.

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Most people around me in Block C have been there for years. Proper fans. Not a prawn sandwich in sight  

Apart from @Bristol Rob @Arthur Daley @not_for_you @Ring @SuperDziek@Orbital obvs. 

You might be onto something there.

i sit at the top of what was block d in the area that was used by the media so all the long standing supporters were moved and even though it’s bsck to normal many of the traditional season ticket holders have not returned.

18 minutes ago, boatman said:

What on earth is working class these days? Do you expect people to turn up in scruffy clothes and hob nail boots after a long 12 hour shift at the pit? As for language, the old typical working class language of many years ago has mainly disappeared, partly due to television where everyone has a fake cockney or American accent. Society, as a whole, is changing and has always done so. There’s nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the club could designate one section of the ground “working class only”. To get into the true spirit of the olden days it would be standing only with no roof so everyone would get wet when it rained.  The fans in this section would have no access to the main concourse, but would have their own special working class  facilities based on those at the Memorial Stadium 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What on earth is working class these days? Do you expect people to turn up in scruffy clothes and hob nail boots after a long 12 hour shift at the pit? As for language, the old typical working class language of many years ago has mainly disappeared, partly due to television where everyone has a fake cockney or American accent. Society, as a whole, is changing and has always done so. There’s nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the club could designate one section of the ground “working class only”. To get into the true spirit of the olden days it would be standing only with no roof so everyone would get wet when it rained.  The fans in this section would have no access to the main concourse, but would have their own special working class  facilities based on those at the Memorial Stadium 

Just feels like no Bristolian accents, very little passion and just feels a bit sterile. Although I lived in Stoke Bishop growing up, went to uni and nice have a good, so I am probably talking about myself.

5 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Personally I think it’s an absolute liberty that a Dolman Season ticket doesn’t include 2 free entrance permits to the ground for members of my housekeeping staff. Obviously I wouldn’t expect them to be given a seat. 

and a gamebird lunch pre-match   with optional caviar and champagne. We are the posh Dolmanites

moved over to the LD two years ago, had a group of absolute bell ends and sons move in behind, horrendous chavs, was sorry to go after 23 years in the same seat, others moved too...surprised to hear the tone has gone up....not in that area of B block I believe!!!!!

1 minute ago, adamski said:

moved over to the LD two years ago, had a group of absolute bell ends and sons move in behind, horrendous chavs, was sorry to go after 23 years in the same seat, others moved too...surprised to hear the tone has gone up....not in that area of B block I believe!!!!!

It has changed. I now insist that everyone coming in to the Dolman is a Guardian reader, has at least one vegan meal a week and is considering one of those they hybred cars.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

It has changed. I now insist that everyone coming in to the Dolman is a Guardian reader, has at least one vegan meal a week and is considering one of those they hybred cars.

Damn, if only I'd known, do they have charge points on that side of the ground and can you get a vegan pint on Market St. (pint of fizzy water and organic ice)?

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Perhaps the club could designate one section of the ground “working class only”. To get into the true spirit of the olden days it would be standing only with no roof so everyone would get wet when it rained.  The fans in this section would have no access to the main concourse, but would have their own special working class  facilities based on those at the Memorial Stadium 

Sounds like the season we had in the Atyeo when everyone else was allowed to enjoy the new ‘horseshoe’ but the 1200 reprobates weren’t allowed in there to experience the new facilities. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Sounds like the season we had in the Atyeo when everyone else was allowed to enjoy the new ‘horseshoe’ but the 1200 reprobates weren’t allowed in there to experience the new facilities. 

To be fair Slim, the cost of a ticket in that stand for that season did reflect the lack of facilities.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

How’s that fans bar underneath the Atyeo coming along 

Archived