IGNORED

Dolman stand fans seem to be getting posher

Mrdc

Ahhhh the classic struggle of the proletariat vs bourgeois only nowadays the prolateriat are the young working hard to better themselves and the bourgeois are the old with there private pensions that have worked for it.

Yes our support is aging so yes I would expect somewhat of a gentrification.

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It has changed. I now insist that everyone coming in to the Dolman is a Guardian reader, has at least one vegan meal a week and is considering one of those they hybred cars.

Piss off back to Forest Green Mr Vince

Is a ‘working class’ person defined by the amount of money they earn?

A lot of people seem to have been priced out of the game, which may explain part of this. I can afford it, as I earn more than I used to, but I still consider myself ‘working class’.

My valet, however, has to do my shopping at Harvey Nichols, as he can’t afford a ticket.

Getting posher? Cripes, I should say not, there's still plenty of riff-raff around. Only yesterday the fellow sat next to me ventured the opinion that City were playing badly. There should be no place for split infinitives in modern stadia. I texted the new number but to no avail.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

B*gger, only two out of three.

You went to Eton then DP. 

By the way, which two?

:)

14 hours ago, downendcity said:

bulingdon.jpg.3fc9d5e9b695a8ed8fedf28a66ae33de.jpg

Thank God for yesterdays Bolton contingent, the air was thick with the aroma of black pudding, the car park lined with charabangs stuffed full s' racing pigeons n' whippets and the wholesome good humour of bemuffled northern chaps wearing Nat Lofthouse flat caps filled the smog.  What they must make of us lager chugging softies...........who can say?  I'm just grateful to have glimpsed a moment or two of when life were grand and Ena Sharples reigned supreme.  It were like Deja Vu all over again.

16 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Most people around me in Block C have been there for years. Proper fans. Not a prawn sandwich in sight  

Apart from @Bristol Rob @Arthur Daley @not_for_you @Ring @SuperDziek@Orbital obvs. 

Reg, noticed this bloke sitting near you the other week in the Dolman, local geezer,proof if proof was needed that the Dolman is like a Private members club and us in the SS are just mere rough bags

jacob-rees-mogg.jpg

16 hours ago, boatman said:

Just feels like no Bristolian accents,

Since when has having a Bristolian accent been pre-requisite to supporting City? 4 STs in our clique are for yung 'uns (my lad included) who all grew up hundreds of miles from Bristol but have supported City since birth because their father's gave them no other choice.

Also to note, when I first started on Crackers Corner there were many dockers, tugmen and labourers, but also teachers, doctors, lecturers et al (who all had to get up first thing on a Monday morning which I my definition of working class. )

Although I come from a very traditional, working class Bristol family, through paying attention in school and working hard, I now have what most would call a middle-class job and home life.  Not sure which stand I should be in?  Or should I just switch straight to rugby?

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Surely the Dolman only became 'working class' when the Park End and the Enclosure mob moved up there en masse to Blocks A & B.

If you look at pictures of the Dolman when it first opened the majority of fans were wearing suits!

When I was a kid, going in The Dolman was a treat because dad may have got a bit of OT in...We were firmly Open End in the early mid 70’s then moved to the EE when we got fed up getting wet..

by the 80’s we moved between the EE and the Dolman, saw us beat Liverpool in 77 from the EE and Jimmy Mann hit THAT shot from the Dolman, in fact i was right inline with him when he hit it!...Point is the Dolman almost by definition had a slightly more affluent bunch many of whom  left early!

Slightly off topic I remember people moaning when the dolman went up £1.50 to a fiver after a promotion year

if you can sit in the middle of the dolman I can not think of a better stand to sit in to watch live football anywhere in the uk.

totally brilliant view and you get to see the run of play 

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Reg, noticed this bloke sitting near you the other week in the Dolman, local geezer,proof if proof was needed that the Dolman is like a Private members club and us in the SS are just mere rough bags

jacob-rees-mogg.jpg

Next season's away kit?

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

Trouble is you can not get a decent Foi Gras in the Dolman, one really has to slum it

Don`t worry. When SL builds a Waitrose on the Wickes site you`ll be OK for life`s little necessities. Just nip in pre-match and order what you want and it will be delivered to your seat at half time by a steward.

Archived