IGNORED

Next 6 games.

Bristol is red

How things can change so quickly.  Not so long ago we came off the back of 4 straight defeats, struggling to see where our next win would come from and playing some very uninspired football.  Fast forward 9 games, we've won 5 and drawn 4 league games, averaging 2.1 ppg. 

Whilst the football hasn't reached the heady heights of last season, it has improved as the season has gone on, especially over this run and we are starting to look like a team rather than 11 individuals running around.  We lack the flair and attack of last seasons team but the defence is so much better than we're used too, last time we were decent defensively in the championship was under GJ in our fabled play off season (even then we took the odd pasting).

Credit must be given to LJ (whatever your allegiance) for clawing us back to within 2 points of the play offs when things were pointing to a possible season of mediocrity. Well done.

So our next 6 league games:

Nottingham (A)

Swansea (H)

Blackburn (A)

QPR (H)

Birmingham (H)

Norwich (A)

Looking at that, another chance of picking up a decent haul of points.  3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat to norwich, taking 11 points, is what the heart is saying but the head tells me going 14 unbeaten is really pushing it, perhaps unlikely. I do think it gives us an opportunity to creep into the playoffs and get in amougst it. Getting a decent striker in on loan is our best bet of acquiring one in this window and could well be the missing piece for making an assualt on the top 6.  Feels nice to be pestering the play offs again I must say.

How does everyone think we may do? Will we continue in the same vein? or are we due a tough patch?

No injuries to the back 5 and we are hard to beat - all about the goalscorers from this point on.

We have no chance of relegation so would love for the team to go for wins when get a chance. We play well on the counter so are a hard team to beat. There are several teams who will bottle it around us and I feel we havnt had too much luch this season so maybe it is coming :)!!

12 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

How things can change so quickly.  Not so long ago we came off the back of 4 straight defeats, struggling to see where our next win would come from and playing some very uninspired football.  Fast forward 9 games, we've won 5 and drawn 4 league games, averaging 2.1 ppg. 

Whilst the football hasn't reached the heady heights of last season, it has improved as the season has gone on, especially over this run and we are starting to look like a team rather than 11 individuals running around.  We lack the flair and attack of last seasons team but the defence is so much better than we're used too, last time we were decent defensively in the championship was under GJ in our fabled play off season (even then we took the odd pasting).

Credit must be given to LJ (whatever your allegiance) for clawing us back to within 2 points of the play offs when things were pointing to a possible season of mediocrity. Well done.

Nottingham (A)

Swansea (H)

Blackburn (A)

QPR (H)

Birmingham (H)

Norwich (A)

Looking at that, another chance of picking up a decent haul of points.  3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat to norwich, taking 11 points, is what the heart is saying but the head tells me going 14 unbeaten is really pushing it, perhaps unlikely. I do think it gives us an opportunity to creep into the playoffs and get in amougst it. Getting a decent striker in on loan is our best bet of acquiring one in this window and could well be the missing piece for making an assualt on the top 6.  Feels nice to be pestering the play offs again I must say.

How does everyone think we may do? Will we continue in the same vein? or are we due a tough patch?

Well I know it’s nothing to go by but it’s worth pointing out that we’ve won 4 out of 6 from that list, drawing the other two.

Should be going into these with full of confidence. 

L W D D W L

8 from 18. Would probably see us fall back to 10th or so but would not be awful. If we can stay fit and add a striker(someone to push Fam and make his spot not so comfortable) and get a few extra goals then that can change.

If we do get those 8 points we be at 49 points as well. Which is a point from usually safety. For me in this league you never know. So comfirming safety for me is always an acheivement. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Every game in the Championship is tough and throws up different challenges. We have adapted well and for me that is the key .

All to play for . 

Exactly. 8 points from that run would be reasonable.

My prediction is between 0-18 points. 

I don’t see us losing at Forest, they are not all that but the new manager bounce - should they have one by then, could change that.

Who knows where Norwich will be by the time we get there, I think their bubble could burst - of course, so could ours!

QPR could be a harder game than we expect.

I am going 10 points.

9 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Nottingham (A)

Swansea (H)

Blackburn (A)

QPR (H)

Birmingham (H)

Norwich (A)

Your last paragraph says it all. Like all City fans, I'm delighted with the recent undefeated run. But, and there is always a "But", we seem to be achieving in spite of ourselves. Yesterday was in some ways similar to the other games in that we dominated possession but by failing to convert chances into goals early in the match, and then defending a lead late in the game, we drop back so deep. 

The result is a last ten minutes clinging nervously to the lead. It just makes me feel that the tough patch could be just around the corner.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Your last paragraph says it all. Like all City fans, I'm delighted with the recent undefeated run. But, and there is always a "But", we seem to be achieving in spite of ourselves. Yesterday was in some ways similar to the other games in that we dominated possession but by failing to convert chances into goals early in the match, and then defending a lead late in the game, we drop back so deep. 

The result is a last ten minutes clinging nervously to the lead. It just makes me feel that the tough patch could be just around the corner.

My 19 year old said to me yesterday as we walked out of AG “ I can’t believe we are 7th” he has a point.

28 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I don’t see us losing at Forest, they are not all that but the new manager bounce - should they have one by then, could change that.

Who knows where Norwich will be by the time we get there, I think their bubble could burst - of course, so could ours!

QPR could be a harder game than we expect.

I am going 10 points.

If Forest win they’ll go above us, Grabban just coming back into the side after injury as well. Certainly not an easy game and as much chance of losing that one as winning I reckon.

Predicting any result in the championship is never easy, let alone 6 games! I think that last thread similar to this was during the bad spell and a lot of doom and gloom was predicted. 

Anyway it would be great to beat some of these play off rivals! 

Forest A - Win

Swansea H - Lose

Blackburn A - Draw

QPR H - Draw

Birmingham H - Win

Norwich A - Lose

I think it's possible to

Forest A - win

Swansea H - win

Blackburn A - win

QPR H - win

Birmingham H - win

Norwich A - win

What do I think will.happen due to the cynical way football goes,  we will lose after picking up injuries at Blackburn and QPR.  Possibly at either of those two we will lose.

23 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Nottingham (A)

Swansea (H)

Blackburn (A)

QPR (H)

Birmingham (H)

Norwich (A)

Certainly a tough set of games but with confidence high and hopefully one more new face to come it could be a very exciting finish to the season and as I've already mentioned in a previous post I just got this feeling that 2019 holds something special for BCFC.... ?

We’ll lose them all, the knives will be back out. The “Happy Clapper” threads start again.

Fast forward to the end of the season; City finish 10th with many posts looking back at the 6 in a row losses after 10 unbeaten and ‘debate’ what could/should have been; a play off spot.

Those comments of Johnson out/MA/BS is a joke bla bla bla.

Webster goes to Man City for £100M.

Archived