IGNORED

Next 6 games.

Bristol is red

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

We’ll lose them all, the knives will be back out. The “Happy Clapper” threads start again.

Fast forward to the end of the season; City finish 10th with many posts looking back at the 6 in a row losses after 10 unbeaten and ‘debate’ what could/should have been; a play off spot.

Those comments of Johnson out/MA/BS is a joke bla bla bla.

Webster goes to Man City for £100M.

Reckon you should change names to Captain Foresight

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Reckon you should change names to Captain Foresight

To be fair, a lot of my post you’ve quoted is based the recycled shit that gets posted - hindsight considered n all.

Though with the Webster part, you’ve deffo got a point there kind person ?

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

To be fair, a lot of my post you’ve quoted is based the recycled shit that gets posted - hindsight considered n all.

Though with the Webster part, you’ve deffo got a point there kind person ?

Think I know what you mean

Webster is a real steal. WHAT a player this guy is

On 12/01/2019 at 22:43, Bristol is red said:

How things can change so quickly.  Not so long ago we came off the back of 4 straight defeats, struggling to see where our next win would come from and playing some very uninspired football.  Fast forward 9 games, we've won 5 and drawn 4 league games, averaging 2.1 ppg. 

Whilst the football hasn't reached the heady heights of last season, it has improved as the season has gone on, especially over this run and we are starting to look like a team rather than 11 individuals running around.  We lack the flair and attack of last seasons team but the defence is so much better than we're used too, last time we were decent defensively in the championship was under GJ in our fabled play off season (even then we took the odd pasting).

Credit must be given to LJ (whatever your allegiance) for clawing us back to within 2 points of the play offs when things were pointing to a possible season of mediocrity. Well done.

So our next 6 league games:

Nottingham (A)

Swansea (H)

Blackburn (A)

QPR (H)

Birmingham (H)

Norwich (A)

Looking at that, another chance of picking up a decent haul of points.  3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat to norwich, taking 11 points, is what the heart is saying but the head tells me going 14 unbeaten is really pushing it, perhaps unlikely. I do think it gives us an opportunity to creep into the playoffs and get in amougst it. Getting a decent striker in on loan is our best bet of acquiring one in this window and could well be the missing piece for making an assualt on the top 6.  Feels nice to be pestering the play offs again I must say.

How does everyone think we may do? Will we continue in the same vein? or are we due a tough patch?

Forrest - Draw - new manager bounce for them

Saansea - Win

Blackburn - Draw

QPR - Draw

Brum - Draw

Norwich - Lose

The weird thing is our problem has flipped on it’s head.

For the last three years we’ve been scoring reasonably freely, but leakier than a colander. 

Now all of a sudden we are one of the best teams in the league defensively - only Leeds, Sheff U and Boro have conceded fewer - but scoring is a problem, with only two teams in the top half finding the net less. 

Palmer could be a huge step towards rectifying that IMO - how refreshing to see a number ten actually pick up the ball and move towards goal rather than instinctively look for a sideways or backwards pass. 

A quality striker could just see us become serious playoff contenders. 

Nottingham (A) Win - yes they’ll be motivated by new manager but the suspensions and new playing formation for them will benefit us more 

Swansea (H) Win- don’t see them as an ex prem league team to be fearful of . 

Blackburn (A)defeat - decent team who’ll bring our run to an end 

QPR (H) Win - their run will have been over as they’ve been doing well . 

Birmingham (H) Win - big crowd and good win . 

Norwich (A) Defeat- 98th minute winner by them as they seem to be good at that ... 

by that reckoning we’ll have improved our home record significantly but lessened our impressive away form ..

still 12 points though ... 

Some big games to come but we are certainly looking strong without really playing that well and I'm not sure anyone will be looking forward to playing us at present. If we can come through Feb in touch with the top six if not in them we have a real chance. I've said before I have a gut feeling 2019 holds something special for BCFC so don't book your hols to early people... ?

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:43, Bristol is red said:

Personally think that's a tough run of fixtures all of those teams are in and around us in the table apart from Norwich I'd be very happy with say 10 points from that run of games.

Nottingham (A)  L

Swansea (H)  W

Blackburn (A) D

QPR (H) W

Birmingham (H) W

Norwich (A) L

That be a great return as well as taking points off teams around us.

On 12/01/2019 at 23:58, downendcity said:

LLLLLL

Low expectation avoids the disappointment!

My expectations are being spectacularly exceeded - not that my prediction was serious.

I thought we'd scrape a draw somewhere along the line !  :)

On 13/01/2019 at 10:28, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think it's possible to

Forest A - win

Swansea H - win

Blackburn A - win

QPR H - win

Birmingham H - win

Norwich A - win

What do I think will.happen due to the cynical way football goes,  we will lose after picking up injuries at Blackburn and QPR.  Possibly at either of those two we will lose.

4 out of 6

Archived