IGNORED

Jay DaSilva

Dullmoan Tone

I think he deserves his own thread - this guy is absolute class.

I know LK is good, but it's almost criminal that he doesn't start.

I thought he was completely un-phased no matter where he received the ball - he always manages the simple (mostly forward) pass and his running gives options on the left.

We need to enjoy this lad while he's here, or start playing him or he won't sign.

I think he is good enough that in a few years we could say - Joe who? 

I can't believe how close he keeps the ball at his feet as he dribbles around players...  anyone remember the Harry Enifield Arsenal sketch where they super glued the ball to that feet......this guy personifies this skill!

His first touch is great no matter where it comes at him. Always brings it down and then takes a moment to make up his mind then he's explosive.....just goes #fearless  

Well done for finding this gem! Hopefully we can turn a loan into a signing in the summer. 

COYRs

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I think he deserves his own thread - this guy is absolute class.

I know LK is good, but it's almost criminal that he doesn't start.

I thought he was completely un-phased no matter where he received the ball - he always manages the simple (mostly forward) pass and his running gives options on the left.

We need to enjoy this lad while he's here, or start playing him or he won't sign.

I think he is good enough that in a few years we could say - Joe who? 

I think in matches where we are going to dominate possession, like today, Jay should be starting ahead of Kelly for all the reasons you give. However, when we are going to have to do a lot of defending then perhaps Kelly is the stronger option - lets not forget he kept Tom Ince quiet just the other week. 

He is a real talent.

Top botch first touch.  One example late on where he took down a high ball in front if Section 82.  A poor touch and the full-back launches him into Section 82.  No problem for Jay.

Notice how many times he gets his body into position to receive the ball so that he can either control it or open up his body and lay it first time inside.  It’s an area Kelly needs to work on.  You might also notice that our midfielders make themselves available for the first time pass, because they know it might come.  Not dissing Kelly because he has done so well this season, but he doesn’t get those runners because he isn’t as confident to play first time.

Today there were two or three occasions where we sprung forward from LB area reminiscent of the way we carved out Bryan’s goal v Man Utd.

A lot to like, and think we might see a bit more horses for courses at LB as the season goes on.

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Honestly, we are getting a better deal if we get Dasilva, sell LK, and make a profit. 

LK will be a better centre half than he will a left back mind

Would be nice to see LK develop into a CB here but if I could get good money for him (As he will be off at some point soonish anyway) Id invest it in Kalas and DaSilva if I could get them here 

Kalas makes others look even better IMHO

i can honestly see us having a punt at all 3 (KP the third) in the summer

Remember Chelsea will need to start offloading some of their 90 odd players due to loan limitations next season

There will be some value to be had IMHO , wages will be the key 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is a real talent.

Top botch first touch.  One example late on where he took down a high ball in front if Section 82.  A poor touch and the full-back launches him into Section 82.  No problem for Jay.

Notice how many times he gets his body into position to receive the ball so that he can either control it or open up his body and lay it first time inside.  It’s an area Kelly needs to work on.  You might also notice that our midfielders make themselves available for the first time pass, because they know it might come.  Not dissing Kelly because he has done so well this season, but he doesn’t get those runners because he isn’t as confident to play first time.

Today there were two or three occasions where we sprung forward from LB area reminiscent of the way we carved out Bryan’s goal v Man Utd.

A lot to like, and think we might see a bit more horses for courses at LB as the season goes on.

Completely agree - also he is so much stronger on the ball than he should be given his stature

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Completely agree - also he is so much stronger on the ball than he should be given his stature

I thought size may be a real issue but the control and body shape etc that Dave Fevs so nicely set out and your observation (Which , besides his close control is what has struck me ) sums up why it isn’t an issue 

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought size may be a real issue but the control and body shape etc that Dave Fevs so nicely set out and your observation (Which , besides his close control is what has struck me ) sums up why it isn’t an issue 

He’s only about 5’6”, but from the few games i’ve seen he has a good leap on him (digressing, anyone see how high Fam got to chest a ball in the first half....woah!!).  He did get Donaldson peeling onto him late in the game, so tactically something LJ (and Webster in particular) will need to watch out for, or it will be a mis-match for diags.

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So much better than Kelly imo! Sorry if that upsets a few :laugh:

Interesting.....

So , if you were a Prem Manager and offered Kelly or DaSilva, only one 

You'd choose DaSilva ?

Interesting - I’d take Kelly every time,  for his long term potential

Be interesting who others would take 

Have to agree. Great debut for Kasey, but for me Da Silva changed the game. He instantly became another offensive outlet, which seemed to be the pendulum swing that enabled us to create pockets behind their back four. It seems more and more evident to me that city play very good football with attacking fullbacks. A static back four doesn't seem to do anything  for us, so let's  hope LJ pursues this with future games. 

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting.....

So , if you were a Prem Manager and offered Kelly or DaSilva, only one 

You'd choose DaSilva ?

Interesting - I’d take Kelly every time,  for his long term potential

Be interesting who others would take 

I don’t think it’s a black and white choice.

They have different games.  Versus Stoke, Kelly v Ince allowed Lloyd to show up his defensive skills.  Today with a condensed defence against him and a bit of time on the ball, it didn’t show up his strengths.  I was disappointed we didn’t see him drive into those gaps....he does have that.  I wonder if some of it is who’s in front of him.  I don’t think COD gives Lloyd the same angles.  I thought Lloyd was striking up a good understanding with Eliasson until 3/4 games ago.

I think he’ll mature into a Left Sided CB, quicker than we think.  He is an athlete, and is getting stronger all the time.  I don’t think it will be at Bristol City.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it’s a black and white choice.

They have different games.  Versus Stoke, Kelly v Ince allowed Lloyd to show up his defensive skills.  Today with a condensed defence against him and a bit of time on the ball, it didn’t show up his strengths.  I was disappointed we didn’t see him drive into those gaps....he does have that.  I wonder if some of it is who’s in front of him.  I don’t think COD gives Lloyd the same angles.  I thought Lloyd was striking up a good understanding with Eliasson until 3/4 games ago.

I think he’ll mature into a Left Sided CB, quicker than we think.  He is an athlete, and is getting stronger all the time.  I don’t think it will be at Bristol City.

It is ? for this question 

:laughcont:

you are manager of a mid table prem side - Who you having ?

No fence sitting ?

Archived