IGNORED

Kalas / Webster

AppyDAZE

Aden who?

Controversial , but can you argue with the facts?

Fair play, LJ et al   these two are CLASS and a joy to watch

They know where to be, they play out, they cut stuff out.. i'm I big fan of the pair

Great acquisitions and we have to praise the guys that brought them here

image.png

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Aden who?

They know where to be, they play out, they cut stuff out.. i'm I big fan of the pair

image.png

tenor.gif?itemid=5494204

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Aden who?

image.png

How the hell did you find that? I started writing an article on the analytics of the Bolton game and posted it in the editor last night. I deleted it and thought I'd come back to it today. I'll post the full version later!

16 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Aden who?

image.png

Think you need to give credit to the fullbacks also and keeper as a complete back 5 unit.

3 hours ago, Coppello said:

How the hell did you find that? I started writing an article on the analytics of the Bolton game and posted it in the editor last night. I deleted it and thought I'd come back to it today. I'll post the full version later!

Weird because i never added this. A glitch I suppose

My post ended with " Great acquisitions and we have to praise the guys that brought them here "

No stats or anything else

15 hours ago, Tiree said:

100% agree  though Flint, Wilbs, Freeman, Frankie, Ayling et al will always be remembered very fondly as part of Cotts' really entertaining and highly successful 'double' team. Legends is used too easily these days so I won't but that squad will forever be remembered fondly. 

Aden went the extra mile too, was part of Ljs recovery plan in 16/17 as well as our brilliant run last season. Noone will ever forget his headers, him chasing down Lukaka and generally being a fans favourite. Of course I wish him well but he wouldnt get into Ljs current team. 

Good call, I wasn't really so much knocking Aden , more praising LJ and co for replacing him at least defensively.

Again, well done LJ . Kalas and Webster together really are a joy

As much as I think the Webster / Kalas (and Mäenpää) partnership is, I think we should have a bit of balance in terms of the style we are playing with Pack in front of them and him being reigned in a little.  It provides protection to them.

Generally, when was the last time our CBs have been exposed through lack of midfield cover?  Rarely.  We were too open post-Xmas last season, and I do think LJ has worked out his to make the sum of the parts work without Reid (and Flint’s saviour goals).  It might not have been his plan pre-season, but through whatever reason it’s morphed into 4141.

It bodes well.  At RB and LB we have competition but also the ability to go horses for courses if we like, e.g. Kelly v Ince at Stoke.

I’m going out on a limb after 28 minutes, but I think Palmer is the missing link in the midfield-cum-no10 role....I think it will see a step up in Fam’s goals too, because Palmer’s runs will take markers / cover away from Fam.

Palmer also looks like he will put some pressure on the defenders when we are out of possession. Patterson gets sussed out early in games and defenders know he will not really challenge for the ball/tackle giving them more time to think and less to worry about.

Archived