IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

• Admin
14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think it was after consultation because of the amount of Swansea fans planning to travel without a ticket, this way they're in one place 

(I'm not directing this personally at you @hodge just asking generally)

How would they know how many people would travel to the game without a ticket?

Surely people wouldn't travel as it would be clear that their allocation was sold out - this is a regular thing for Swansea (selling out) seems an odd thing to do

Maybe @JulieH has had some conversations about it? Assuming it wasn't a club decision?

I took a quick look at a Swansea forum and apparently similar happened at Reading away.

However, I'm sure @JulieH and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can offer some clarity on why the higher allocation. Unless it was purely because of travelling without ticket in large numbers posing a security risk. There was talk of Swansea fans buying in hospitality.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I took a quick look at a Swansea forum and apparently similar happened at Reading away.

However, I'm sure @JulieH and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can offer some clarity on why the higher allocation. Unless it was purely because of travelling without ticket in large numbers posing a security risk. There was talk of Swansea fans buying in hospitality.

But where does it stop?

They could demand even more saying there is still the threat of these people travelling over?

Surely if there is a ceiling on the numbers allowed that is it. Not sure how it is treating supporters from other clubs that wouldn't be given any additional allocation

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Knuckle draggers keen for a dust up?

So rather than assuming these people didn't get tickets in the initial allocation, there is now the opportunity to buy a ticket to ensure they will be in Bristol now, whereas most likely if they hadn't had a ticket the same numbers would not have travelled

1 minute ago, phantom said:

But where does it stop?

They could demand even more saying there is still the threat of these people travelling over?

Surely if there is a ceiling on the numbers allowed that is it. Not sure how it is treating supporters from other clubs that wouldn't be given any additional allocation

Didn't Villa get their allocation raised too from memory- this season I mean?

I agree with your post broadly though, equal treatment is necessary here and I think 3,300 or whatever it is will be the cap- mind you I wrongly assumed that we would stick to our own rules/allocation on this so...it may solve the risk of away fans in home ends or it could just encourage more to travel, hard to know how it pans out.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The decision around Ticket allocations for away fans always resides with the home club and it is their decision . 

So there won’t be any segregation from the pitch? Like there has been recently when other clubs have sold out.

Seems like everytime we play a welsh club, they always get the better treatment. Been Cardiff away in recent times has been nothing but hassle in regards to policing, tickets and KO times.

Edit: Wasn’t our game at Cardiff last season a midday kick off on a Sunday?

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

So there won’t be any segregation from the pitch? Like there has been recently when other clubs have sold out.

Seems like everytime we play a welsh club, they always get the better treatment. Been Cardiff away in recent times has been nothing but hassle in regards to policing, tickets and KO times.

Edit: Wasn’t our game at Cardiff last season a midday kick off on a Sunday?

It was yes- however our game at Swansea away was a 3pm on a Saturday this season which was welcome.

Cardiff seem particularly problematic- they will have different Safety Advisory Groups. That said wasn't our allocation at Swansea about 2,000, possibly even a bit less?

Should have stuck to the 2,500 however I can see why they consider it a risk if lots of ticketless fans maybe travelling over, or have purchased/will purchase in home ends or hospitality.

On 14/01/2019 at 11:00, Mr Popodopolous said:

Been part of a few decent away followings, including Millwall back in April last year and much to my surprise, quite a few around me were sat. Was quite annoying as me and mates were quite inclined to stand and when you stand at football game like that you're more likely to sing- fairly high up in the block too so that surprised me.

Ironically, I remember Palace away about 8 years ago though a relatively small away following in Jan 2011- Holmesdale End or whatever they call themselves- Fanatics I think- were stood but Palace stewards made us away fans sit. Never seen that anywhere else!

In general, it helps if an area where persistent standing is tolerated- think the singing section at AG- is right near the away fans. Atmosphere, back and forth helps spread then. Away fans allowed to stand in the main due to way its evolved over the years, getting them to sit won't be likely and unlikely to help safety. Then we had East End reopened with allowances for standing pre redevelopment and if it could be possible, though you want a singing/persistently standing area behind the goal, lower Dolman maybe- right in line with away fans there and putting more vocal away fans there could enhance things.

@Super Reckon the club see it as easier to control, especially if fans are in the upper half or the upper half and a little bit of the lower, easier to prevent pitch invaders etc.

I went to Wolves on Boxing Day a couple years ago and they were quite adament that everyone needed to be sat. Where I was most were sitting but can’t remember if the whole allocation was

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I went to Wolves on Boxing Day a couple years ago and they were quite adament that everyone needed to be sat. Where I was most were sitting but can’t remember if the whole allocation was

It's hard to enforce tbh if fans are minded to stand but I'm assuming there was a healthy away following.

Most clubs now have a pragmatic approach where they essentially let away fans stand and a proportion/area of the home fans. Just the way it has developed over the years- Wolves sound like they are not one of those clubs?

Actually enforcing it (or trying to), if the away fans are minded to stand enmasse- could actually cause more issues than it solves.

FSF Faircop has some good stuff on this- not so much the 2nd bit but away fans, standing, pragmatism etc.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It was yes- however our game at Swansea away was a 3pm on a Saturday this season which was welcome.

Cardiff seem particularly problematic- they will have different Safety Advisory Groups. That said wasn't our allocation at Swansea about 2,000, possibly even a bit less?

Should have stuck to the 2,500 however I can see why they consider it a risk if lots of ticketless fans maybe travelling over, or have purchased/will purchase in home ends or hospitality.

Very true, but funny how ticketing changes for some clubs and not others

image.png

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1,100 more apparently? That's unexpected!

Thought we were keeping it to a max of 2,500 or 10% or something.

Absolute crap , can only be money , we let Cardiff have 3500 last year and then did nothing when the welsh prat’s gave us 1400 and we’re proud of it , give them tops 10% as the rules then tough 

It is only possible to allocate maximum of 2,077 away fans at the Liberty Stadium for league fixtures. The allocation at Swansea was just under 2,000 because there for some reason there was some extra segregation matting placed between home and away supporters, in the North Upper Stand. The maximum allocation Swansea offer is 2,077 (10% of the capacity). Which surprisingly was given to Leeds and not Bristol. In cup matches they have to offer 15% so they would give roughly 3,500. The sort of allocation Spurs had last year for the FA Cup 1/4 Final. The Away End at the Liberty is surrounded by home fans with season tickets, they can only be moved for cup matches. Leeds United brought 2,800 once to the Liberty but that was prior to the new segregation fencing and the home fans who sit in both the North West and North East corners of the ground.

Now that Swansea have been allocated a total of roughly just under 3,500 tickets the atmosphere should be really electric for the match. There was a safety issue with fans travelling without tickets or tickets located in the home sections and hospitality. One of the main reasons for this is because a lot of fans mistakingly waited for general sale to buy their tickets, but it had sold out to members. Some of these fans had already organised their transportation, be it by train or specific bus trips.

A lot of Swansea fans targeted going to the Bristol match because of the distance. They have had to travel long distances for most of their Away matches this season.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very true, but funny how ticketing changes for some clubs and not others

image.png

Yeah, I remember that low allocation. Wonder if there had been significant talk on forums or online generally of being in home ends, of lots of ticketless fans buying in home hospitality etc whether that may have changed matters.

I am not advocating it of course- it's illegal isn't it to go as an away fan in home ends for a start. Just putting it out there as something they maybe factored in.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, I remember that low allocation. Wonder if there had been significant talk on forums or online generally of being in home ends, of lots of ticketless fans buying in home hospitality etc whether that may have changed matters.

I am not advocating it of course- it's illegal isn't it to go as an away fan in home ends for a start. Just putting it out there as something they maybe factored in.

No it would not have changed matters, the attendance for the match was a capacity on the day of 20,522. The only extra tickets that could have been given were the 100 or so seats that had the ‘extra’ segregation matting on, that is never usually there. The only way they will allocate more is by extending the stadium or if City draw them in the Cup and demand the full 15% (3,300).

8 minutes ago, MelkshamMark said:

No it would not have changed matters, the attendance for the match was a capacity on the day of 20,522. The only extra tickets that could have been given were the 100 or so seats that had the ‘extra’ segregation matting on, that is never usually there. The only way they will allocate more is by extending the stadium or if City draw them in the Cup and demand the full 15% (3,300).

Would have been a security headache however- as it surely has been at our end due to it.

It's a sign of the modern times really- if I had my way, at all grounds away fans would get a whole stand. I know it isn't feasible these days but all clubs at all grounds except possibly in the highest risk games, would get a whole end.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, MelkshamMark said:

One of the main reasons for this is because a lot of fans mistakingly waited for general sale to buy their tickets, but it had sold out to members. Some of these fans had already organised their transportation, be it by train or specific bus trips.

Interesting you say that because Swansea have an away season ticket membership so their support would be used to this sales process, in that many games it doesn't make general sale

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Give them the whole end. Sell as many tickets as possible. More money for us and better atmosphere.

Just because you have a big away following doesn't mean there going to win. 

Big away crowd gets home fans more up for it. 

I would agree, but it needs to be reciprocal IMO.

If the Swansea away end held 3,300- which it does- then by all means.

I can see both sides of this one tbh and have sympathy for both but given we got a shade under 2,000 up there it is a bit of a double standard.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would agree, but it needs to be reciprocal IMO.

If the Swansea away end held 3,300- which it does- then by all means.

I can see both sides of this one tbh and have sympathy for both but given we got a shade under 2,000 up there it is a bit of a double standard.

It seems we often get shafted by other clubs, to be fair to Swansea they are close to selling out their home games anyway but it annoys me that the likes of Villa and Reading preferred to have 10,000 empty seats rather than give us more than the 2000 tickets

• Admin
9 minutes ago, harrys said:

It seems we often get shafted by other clubs, to be fair to Swansea they are close to selling out their home games anyway but it annoys me that the likes of Villa and Reading preferred to have 10,000 empty seats rather than give us more than the 2000 tickets

I suppose part of the problem is where there is space?

Just because it is not a sell out doesn't mean it is feasible to have any more away supporters there - Villa as an example we filled the away section we had, but there was nowhere parallel for us to go

Archived