IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

59 minutes ago, kivsy said:

So basically if city fans threatened to travel without tickets to Swansea, qpr , reading we’d get a biggger allocation !’? 

What I don’t get is why an extra 1000 for this fixture ? I’m sure if other clubs eg Leeds , villa asked they’d be turned down. Just seems no consistency 

Didn't villa get 3.5k as well? I'd imagine Leeds will get the same

There seems to be a worrying trend in football to limit away support . If there isn't a partisan crowd then you may as well sit at home and watch it on the telly.

The Old Firm drastically cut each others allocations this season and the game was poorer for it (and it meant I couldn't get a ticket for the new years game in god knows how long!) Imagine a game like the Louie Donowa one , you wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much without us there. If City have increased Swansea allocation, then good on em.!

12 hours ago, kivsy said:

So basically if city fans threatened to travel without tickets to Swansea, qpr , reading we’d get a biggger allocation !’? 

What I don’t get is why an extra 1000 for this fixture ? I’m sure if other clubs eg Leeds , villa asked they’d be turned down. Just seems no consistency 

I think its right to be selective who has the bigger allocations, when Leeds came down the other year they were destroying the kiosks under the stand. If fans act like runts then their allocation should be cut for the following season.

17 hours ago, JBFC II said:

If I remember correctly the only way you could get to that game was on club coaches and therefore lots of people boycotted

I lived in Cardiff at the time and went to that game. It meant getting a lift off a mate from Cathays (central cardiff) all the way out to Cardiff Gate services on the M4 to pick up tickets from the coach drop off point and then drive back into Cardiff to the stadium. Was a right ball ache.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I lived in Cardiff at the time and went to that game. It meant getting a lift off a mate from Cathays (central cardiff) all the way out to Cardiff Gate services on the M4 to pick up tickets from the coach drop off point and then drive back into Cardiff to the stadium. Was a right ball ache.

Should have contacted the club, I know of people who were allowed to collect from Cardiff City FC due to difficulties in getting to the services (this included people living in Cardiff) 

17 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There seems to be a worrying trend in football to limit away support . If there isn't a partisan crowd then you may as well sit at home and watch it on the telly.

The Old Firm drastically cut each others allocations this season and the game was poorer for it (and it meant I couldn't get a ticket for the new years game in god knows how long!) Imagine a game like the Louie Donowa one , you wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much without us there. If City have increased Swansea allocation, then good on em.!

Behind closed doors game in Croatia, though an extreme example- it showed it in spades!

Myself? Said it before and again- standing even if of the safe variety behind each goal, give home fans an end of standing and away fans the option to stand or sit but away fans at all clubs should get a whole end, whole stand IMO.

@phantom Would be an interesting approach to take, to see what happens- not advocating it for a minute, but definitely would pose host side issues if decent numbers maybe buying in home ends, going in hospitality or even travelling ticketless on the offchance. Rights or wrong, would focus the mind perhaps.

@kivsy @JBFC II Didn't Villa have their allocation increased this season? Fairly sure they may have, not least of the risk of SW based Villa fans in home ends for example.

Yep, my memory is/was sound.

Pretty well exactly the same thing happened v Aston Villa in September. The numbers i.e. rise in allocation and from base allocation perhaps differed a bit but in broad terms? For Aston Villa at home, read Swansea at home in terms of allocation for away fans and risk of away fans in home areas.

Bristol Sport won't give a toss if extra support "helps" the away team....they just look at the money.  They don't do us any favours, they even cancelled a forth coach to Forest last week in case they didn't fill it and would have made "less profit" if less people were on it.  Extra away support can  do various things...  it can promote extra noise from our fans ( yes it can !! ) and can add to the atmosphere.  Or can provide extra critics if the away team perform badly. Or of course "spur on" the away team. Whatever the case,  our performance will dictate which of these things happen. We just have to be prepared NOT TO PUT OUT ANY ST GEORGES FLAGS in case it upsets the Welsh support......?????????????????????????

I'd sell Swansea all the Atyeo stand, and then see if we can fill the rest of the ground.

With the way we're playing and this exceptional run of form, we should start seeing 23/24k crowds. 

Still a few weeks away, but already, really can't wait for this game.. 

23 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Good all away clubs should get the whole of the stand . As for fans travelling without tickets when did that actually last happen. 

Bring it on :englandflag:

Leeds first time we played them for ages. A few got a kicking in the dolman and Atyeo! And a few invaded pitch from Williams when they scored and jumped in away end. But other than that and maybe a few Brum when they needed to stay up I’ve never seen it.

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'd sell Swansea all the Atyeo stand, and then see if we can fill the rest of the ground.

With the way we're playing and this exceptional run of form, we should start seeing 23/24k crowds. 

Still a few weeks away, but already, really can't wait for this game.. 

I'd would be amazed if this game didn't 'sell out'. By sell out I mean 25,000 as there is going to be some unsold seats in the Ayteo for extra segregation and there are sure to be some 'single' unsold seats dotted around the ground. This is a fixture both City and Jacks would have picked out as one of the highlights of the season when the fixtures came out.

1 hour ago, Swansea said:

You’re correct in saying Swansea fans have picked out the match against Bristol City, close proximity means easier to travel too than our usual 4 hour drive to an away ground.

It should be a cracking atmosphere with 3,400 Jacks and a full stadium. Can’t wait should be a great day and great match. 

Am I right in saying that you’re the only team in the division that has to travel longer distances overall to away games than us?

4 hours ago, Swansea said:

Good morning to all you Bristol City fans.

As a Swansea fan, i can tell you that we would sell thousands more tickets for the match against you. 

Its the match many Swansea fans have been targeting, not with a violent intent,  because Bristol isn’t far away and our closest away match.

I personally will be catching the early train to Bristol, few drinks and enjoy the day, as will many other Jacks and hopefully there will not be any trouble.

Good morning taff

i think both clubs seem to get on , I personally work with a few jacks our common beef is with Cardiff fronts so I think this match should pass peacefully but there’s never any guarantees in footy especially down our place ,it’s a long walk from the station with a lot of side streets that are not very safe 

5 hours ago, KevP said:

Bristol Sport won't give a toss if extra support "helps" the away team....they just look at the money.  They don't do us any favours, they even cancelled a forth coach to Forest last week in case they didn't fill it and would have made "less profit" if less people were on it.  Extra away support can  do various things...  it can promote extra noise from our fans ( yes it can !! ) and can add to the atmosphere.  Or can provide extra critics if the away team perform badly. Or of course "spur on" the away team. Whatever the case,  our performance will dictate which of these things happen. We just have to be prepared NOT TO PUT OUT ANY ST GEORGES FLAGS in case it upsets the Welsh support......?????????????????????????

Put the toys back in the pram.

3 hours ago, Swansea said:

You maybe correct as far as I know. Bristol is about 90 mins away from Swansea, so relatively close. 

We normally take a decent following to the midlands, London and M4 corridor clubs, and understandably a lot less the further north you go, unless it’s an important game.

Pretty much the same for us.

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Good morning taff

i think both clubs seem to get on , I personally work with a few jacks our common beef is with Cardiff fronts so I think this match should pass peacefully but there’s never any guarantees in footy especially down our place ,it’s a long walk from the station with a lot of side streets that are not very safe 

They didn't get on in the 80s, ha. Lots of things have changed since then of course and hopefully the match can be a classic 'derby', 3 points for the Robins and the Jacks accepting they were beaten by the better team and just enjoying their day out in our superb stadium and wonderful City. ?

I would rather watch a game with a rowdy set of away fans than a game in total silence. As others note, might as well stay at home and watch it in your pants.

On the subject of a big away following 'helping' Swansea, I think a noisy AG is just as likely to motivate our own players as it is their's. Players respond to occasions, they enjoy them, they raise their game for them. 

Listening to some people, we might as well ban away fans altogether. i'd happily wager that if we did, it wouldn't make our performances any better. 

Archived