IGNORED

Martin O'Neill

Super

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think they've used up a decent allowance for the season personally- he may have to trade somewhat unless he gets them up this year.

Like Rowett being told there was no money at Derby, Frank Lampard comes in and they splash the cash, I reckon owners will gamble on promotion and worry about FFP later, typical of foreign owners, they seem to forget that only 3 clubs can go up in any one year.

On 14/01/2019 at 14:20, Fordy62 said:

It’s even more of a myth when your whole back 4 and then 3 of their back ups are out injured, suspended or loaned out!

Historically that's usually a guarantee of a City defeat! :(

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Reckon he would find a plaice in the team for him? Guffaw

Bet you put your heart and sole into that and thought you'd come up with  a brilliant pun AD. :)

If it falls flat, fish for more likes 

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It seems a good time to revisit O’Neill’s quote when he was manager of non league Wycombe Wanderers and the sags approached him to be their manager - he rebutted their offer saying he thought ‘Wycombe had more potential than Bristol Rovers..’

As funny as that is what a ridiculous comment to make. I mean they did take 45k...i mean 40k...i mean 35k....wait actually 30k to Wembley ?

Seriously though Wycombe?? ? No potential there at all is there?? 

25 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Like Rowett being told there was no money at Derby, Frank Lampard comes in and they splash the cash, I reckon owners will gamble on promotion and worry about FFP later, typical of foreign owners, they seem to forget that only 3 clubs can go up in any one year.

Mel Morris aka Derby owner- is from Derby, plenty of feckless UK owners around too- look at Bolton.

However yes, he may splash the cash a bit- bit where he differs to a lot of the foreign owners is he knows FFP from UEFA rules and I think he respects it reasonably well. Those from Far East, Asia or USA which is a lot of them have never heard of such things and in case of Man City very used to getting their own way- see Royal Family UAE Man City.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mel Morris aka Derby owner- is from Derby, plenty of feckless UK owners around too- look at Bolton.

However yes, he may splash the cash a bit- bit where he differs to a lot of the foreign owners is he knows FFP from UEFA rules and I think he respects it reasonably well. Those from Far East, Asia or USA which is a lot of them have never heard of such things and in case of Man City very used to getting their own way- see Royal Family UAE Man City.

I take your point but I was referring to Forest's owners, I appreciate that Mel Morris is British. There were definite concerns about FFP at Derby when Rowett was in the role, these seem to have been waived when Frank Lampard turned up.

On 14/01/2019 at 14:18, JamesBCFC said:

People going on about the "dead cat bounce"/"new manager bounce" but it's a bloody myth!!!

It genuinely depends on the manager, some manager really inspire players when joining up and first talking to them, others cause concerns. I personally think MON will need time at Forest, we'll probably be going up against a team doing the same thing they've been doing only with a few changes in focus. I think it'll be a very tough game to win, I'd be happy with a point.

7 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I take your point but I was referring to Forest's owners, I appreciate that Mel Morris is British. There were definite concerns about FFP at Derby when Rowett was in the role, these seem to have been waived when Frank Lampard turned up.

Think them selling Vydra, Weimann, profit on that- plus the subsequent wages and amortisation off the bill helped there. They're in a tight spot but not in the worst place IMO.

Oh yeah I know, basically it's said that there are a lot of terrible/clueless foreign owners- often a trope posted online (not saying you are) and for the purposes of balance I pointed out it's not just a foreign trait.

51 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Forest are a joke club now and their endless merry go round of managers is nothing short of ridiculous and fans still living off years past. I'm confident the reds will go there Saturday and come back with all 3pts and a clean sheet.... 

And when we do, all togeather now "sacked in the morning" ?

For some strange reason it really wound me up listening to Harry Redknapp talking about this appointment on Talksport earlier tonight....for a start Harry called them ‘Notts Forest’ twice....amateur error....then when asked his opinion on the possibility of Roy Keane joining O’Neill as part of the Forest management team he called Keane a ‘young British manager’ - British?! And Keane made his views clear about the British during his immature spat with Mick McCarthy after which he went home from the 2002 World Cup....anyhow...that doesn’t distract from Harry’s ‘Notts’ and ‘British’ comments - both laughably incorrect....

22 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to wee wee on his chips ! 

He’s not the Messiah . 

Let’s crush ‘ romance ‘ and show them reality.

Silence the crowd and ruin the ‘ legend’s ‘ homecoming.

:devil:

Let’s hope that his start is on a par with that of Nathan Jones at Stoke!

Archived