IGNORED

David Wagner

Super

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Sacked.

Job for cotts?

Job for Dopey?

Bit of a strange one. Can’t see them being anywhere near good enough to even have a chance of survival even with a new manager. 

Would understand if he went at the end of the season, as he’s done all he can (and a fantastic job I must say) with them and would probably want to go back to his native Germany, which would leave a new coach the chance to rebuild over the summer. 

Feel sorry for whoever gets the job, like being appointment captain of a sinking ship with no lifeboats - only gonna go down.

No surprise that he’s gone. Normal practice for clubs like Hudderfield who like every other lower PL club are desperate to stay in the very lucrative PL.

Theyll hope that the new guy will be able to turn them around but Wagner often said that scoring goals is difficult without a regular striker.

Huddersfield's statement is interesting. One has to read between the lines and be sceptical but they seem to have made pretty clear they did not sack him and that it was him who came to them and wanted a break from football. That said, it sounds like this was a few weeks ago and he had agreed to carry on until the end of the season and it may have been the Huddersfield board who have now acted sooner.

They are not going to get an upgrade I don't think. Their fans seem to think it will be Jokanovic. 

Like him and pretty sure he is popular with their fans...not really sure what more he could have done with their budget...allardyce/ Hughes or moyes anyone.

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Like him and pretty sure he is popular with their fans...not really sure what more he could have done with their budget...allardyce/ Hughes or moyes anyone.

Add pardew to that list actually

IMO they should have stuck with him and let him bring them back down and then (hopefully for them) back up again a la Burnley and Dyche.

Their promotion was a surprise and I don't think they've ever really recovered from that shock success.

They'll be better prepared for relegation than Fulham and I'd have thought they should just write this season off, come back to the champ with a potfull of cash and try to get straight back up.

Also, although they've been losing...they've actually not been getting hammered. They just cannot score. That means they miss out on wins such as against Cardiff at the weekend. Tough, but shows that it's not a fundamentally broken club. Just needs a striker. 

But now we'll never know.

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No surprise that he’s gone. Normal practice for clubs like Hudderfield who like every other lower PL club are desperate to stay in the very lucrative PL.

Theyll hope that the new guy will be able to turn them around but Wagner often said that scoring goals is difficult without a regular striker.

Worth changing your name to captain obvious?

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

IMO they should have stuck with him and let him bring them back down and then (hopefully for them) back up again a la Burnley and Dyche.

Their promotion was a surprise and I don't think they've ever really recovered from that shock success.

They'll be better prepared for relegation than Fulham and I'd have thought they should just write this season off, come back to the champ with a potfull of cash and try to get straight back up.

Also, although they've been losing...they've actually not been getting hammered. They just cannot score. That means they miss out on wins such as against Cardiff at the weekend. Tough, but shows that it's not a fundamentally broken club. Just needs a striker. 

But now we'll never know.

Bit like what we should do if we get promoted but it won't stop anyone calling for the manager to be sacked on here. 

6 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was thinking that too!

it must be the ultimate humiliation getting beaten by little ole Brizzle City!!!!

Or to give us out proper name - Bristol We Should Be Beating These City.

Archived