IGNORED

David Wagner

Super

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Seems anyone we beat is on danger of losing their job. Are we that badly regarded?

31 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was thinking that too!

it must be the ultimate humiliation getting beaten by little ole Brizzle City!!!!

No! The ultimate humiliation must be only beating Rovers. 

Was it Nigel Adkins..?? Who was manager of Southampton, but was then sacked after only beating Rovers 4-0..?! ??

31 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Still a complete mystery to me how they ended up in the Prem to be honest.

-2 goal difference, lost a third of their games (15), no goals scored in the play offs other than 1 og and two penalty shoot out wins.

It was a total fluke. 

More impressive was surviving last season but I dont think theyll have much chance in the Championship next season.

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was it Nigel Adkins..?? Who was manager of Southampton, but was then sacked after only beating Rovers 4-0..?! ??

No, that was Alan Pardew....Adkins was sacked halfway through a season in the premier league after getting Saints promoted in two successive seasons to go from League One to the promised land in double quick time...

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

No surprise that he’s gone. Normal practice for clubs like Hudderfield who like every other lower PL club are desperate to stay in the very lucrative PL.

Theyll hope that the new guy will be able to turn them around but Wagner often said that scoring goals is difficult without a regular striker.

Despite being a total cynic about football, I believe on this occasion their owner is being absolutely honest. I think it was mutual consent and in fact they did not want him to go but he felt he had to.

He did a magnificent job and apparently when they were promoted it was on a bottom 6 Championship budget - some food for thought there for all on here that believe it’s all about the money!

They now have a choice to make, go for an Allerdyce option on a short term contract and see where it takes them, or take a longer term option and accept relegation is almost inevitable.

53 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Me too.

But he did a great job for them.

Huddersfield could drop and drop again..

They could but they’ve got a boatload of cash coming down with them and a fairly sensible wage bill 

4 minutes ago, Tiree said:

And a lot of German players. My money is on Wagner finding a German replacement who will come in on a small salary and big bonus for staying up. 

Big ask to keep them up regardless of who they select.

I think the Chairman is a realist and accepts that if they are relegated they need to be smart with the money and re- build carefully.

Ultimately, whilst getting relegated would be a blow, clever management and financial astuteness will serve them well.

The ‘Allerdyce’ route, whilst tempting, may not be the best option long term - would not bet against them going that way however.

47 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Would be funny if they approach O'Neil, although I think with his Forrest roots he is a cert for that job, but may have issues with management

He won’t have any issues with ‘management ‘.

Any interference and he will walk in a heartbeat.

Did it at Norwich many years ago.

He is a very very smart bloke and he will have gained all the assurances he needs, otherwise he won’t sign up to join.

Archived