IGNORED

Chants Thread - Ideas (Merged)

Lew-T

15 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Could always start them yourself?

I do, but people look towards those with the drum/megaphone to create an atmosphere. If I had it my way I’d **** the drum and megaphone off, it’d be better without and we never used to need it in the East End and certainly don’t need it in away ends.

11 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I do, but people look towards those with the drum/megaphone to create an atmosphere. If I had it my way I’d **** the drum and megaphone off, it’d be better without and we never used to need it in the East End and certainly don’t need it in away ends.

You are aware you don’t need to constantly swear to get your point across don’t you?

If you start them off then why ask for others help? Even if you do want to get rid of those people, seems rather strange to me. Pretty sure if you start singing people will join in, looking forward to you starting them off. 

57 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

You are aware you don’t need to constantly swear to get your point across don’t you?

If you start them off then why ask for others help? Even if you do want to get rid of those people, seems rather strange to me. Pretty sure if you start singing people will join in, looking forward to you starting them off. 

How about you try to start a chant in the upper Lansdown and report back after Bolton (H)?

3 hours ago, Robson said:

"We've got Matty Taylor,
the best striker in town,
he used to play for rovers,
but lansdown knocked them down,

They said he'd go for 10 mill,
that's not what we spent,
we gave them some loose change,
to buy a ******* tent."

Changed a bit as it seems to have too many syllables. Like this a lot.

yeh agreed, tried to edit again after I slept on it but wouldn't let me! one slight amendment below and I think its there @BessexRED

We've got Matty Taylor,

we paid them with some loose change,
to buy a ******* tent."

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

We’re all adults aren’t we? Does it matter?

I’m not asking others for help, I’m advising Harry or any others that are in the middle part of S82 (probably yourself judging by your response) as you’re the ones people look to for atmosphere which is what you’ve created whether you like it or not.

I don’t want to get rid of those people, just the objects. I’ve no issue with the people involved, they’ve our clubs best interests in mind — it’s just my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

yeh agreed, tried to edit again after I slept on it but wouldn't let me! one slight amendment below and I think its there @BessexRED

We've got Matty Taylor,

to buy a ******* tent."

Love it mate.

You are aware you don’t have to swear in every song to get your point across though? ?

21 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can we ask the Liverpool and Man Utd song writers to join us on a 6 month contract.

really like the van dijk song.

all seriousness love s82 if they weren’t their it would be dead...I am no wordsmith but loved the renditions of the older songs on Saturday.

I also think the van Dijk chant is great. To the tune of 'Dirty Old Town'. Nice anthem. (Here for the curious:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUix4Uf4eE4). 

We play - and this season win - a lot in purple and lime. But we end up singing 'come on you reds' at away games. So how about this to the same tune:

Oh my heart

Is red and white

But in ‘94

When Tinman scored

On a Liverpool night

It was love at first sight 

Purple and lime

Purple and lime

19 hours ago, One Team said:

I was chatting to a mate over the Christmas period about how good and original the 'Thacher's Gold' chant is, especially with the addition on 'Natch!' shouted mid-way through it. It's original and specific to us as well which makes it stand out. This got us thinking, why isn't there a song based around 'Thatcher's Haze', it seems just, if not more popular!

So after a couple of (mulled) ciders we thought about:

(tune of 'Happy Days')

Sunday, Monday, Thatcher's Haze

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thatcher's Haze

Thursday, Friday, Thatcher's Haze

The weekend comes, so we get drunk, waited all week for you!

8 hours ago, DownendRed97 said:

Ooooh ooohhh we’ve got Adam Webster, 

ooohhh ohhh he’s a class defender, 

ooohhh ohhh he never gives the ball awayyyy 

to to the tune of September - earth wind and fire

19 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

We've got Matty Taylor,

to buy a ******* tent."

Love these. Great effort!

We love Adam Webster, Webby Webby Webster, Adam drinks the cider and black.

We love Adam Webster, Webby Webby Webster, he'll pass to Marlon Pack.

Tune - I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie

Disclaimer: I have no idea if Webster drinks cider and black but it fit so...

20 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

‘Good’ Pack needs a new one 

Pack already has a perfectly good song but not many people join in with it. 

We fell in love with Marlon Pack, to the tune of We Found Love by Rihanna. 

As far as I’m aware, this is also a unique chant that no other teams sing and was composed on a mini-bus returning from Roger Wilkins Cider Farm before a home match.

3 hours ago, BessexRED said:

@Harry/other S82 lads these are good ones, would be good to hear them.

The first one is decent but the 2nd one would be a big effort to get people involved. 

Besides, I don’t start the songs any more. Leaving it to the younger members of S82 these days. I promised myself that I would withdraw my vocal support in this way following the harassment I receive in the area for being ‘loud’, plus I said I would do this last March when the season ticket fiasco arose. 

I still join in, but I no longer start any. 

My opinion on the whole thing though is this :

The old songs which people always say never get sung, DO get sung at most games, it’s just that not many join in so you can hardly hear them. 

The newer ‘ultra-style’ songs, are not necessarily to my taste, but the S82 guys have persevered with these and there’s no doubt that the louder chants these days are those ones. As I say, not to my taste particularly, but I join in. 

For those wanting something else, anyone is welcome to start a chant. No one in the S82 group with the drum/megaphone is going to shout you down. Nothing has changed from the old days in respect of anyone being able to start a song. It’s just that not many join in these days. So good luck if you do, make sure you have plenty of mates to join in with you and hopefully you can get yourself heard, others like it and join in. 

The megaphone and drum blokes are in the same place every week. If you’ve got a song idea and don’t want to start it yourself, message them on Twitter, visit them in Spanish or speak to them at the ground and I’m sure they’ll listen to you and give it a go. 

As for original songs and copying other teams. Nearly all football songs are sung by multiple teams. Only very few are unique to any club. We have a uniqueness with Drink up thee cider, I am a cider drinker, blackbird I’ll ‘ave ‘e. As well as the earlier mentioned pack song. You’ll be hard pushed to visit more than a dozen of the 92 clubs and find there are any unique songs sung, so we don’t do too badly with 3 or 4 regularly sung and well known unique songs. Yes, Liverpool and Man U fans tend to be the ones who come up with originals that then do the rounds at other clubs, but we ain’t too bad in our originality. As I keep saying though, the problem isn’t the originality or uniqueness of the songs, it’s the fact that only about 200 people sing them. 

Quick idea composed over a mug of caffeine 

not a songwriter but sure some could work on it

To ‘My ole mans a dustman ‘ ‘Tinman is a *****head’

Webster is our Centre half,

our Beckenbauer in Red 

Quality on either foot 

And ain’t bad with his head

He plays with Thomas Kalas

Our lynchpin at the back

And....whilst Kalas keeps the back door closed 

Webster will attack  ........

Ohhhhh......Webster is our....

What about a song for one of the non playing staff - eg (sung to the John Otway song Really Free):

Well I wake up in the morning
Tell me baby what do you see?
I see Scotty Murray and he walks up and he kisses me
I say "Cor baby that's really free"

PS - just to clarify, I haven’t got a crush on Scotty Murry

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Ooh ooh I've got one:

I love our striker Fammy 

He's like lightening on the grass

But when he turns and shoots for goal

He ends up on his ass 

Part 2