IGNORED

Chants Thread - Ideas (Merged)

Lew-T

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t know that Wiemann had his own song. Never heard it.......:dunno:......the only player song I hear at AG is Matty Taylor is a red.

Please never complain about the Dolman PA again. You’re clearly just a deaf bugger.

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t know that Wiemann had his own song. Never heard it.......:dunno:......the only player song I hear at AG is Matty Taylor is a red.

20 hours ago, Selred said:

Please never complain about the Dolman PA again. You’re clearly just a deaf bugger.

The song choruses were displayed on the advertising boards at the Wigan game. I fail to see how Robbo Red could have missed this. He probably thought that the Famara song was an estate agent advert for houses in Knowle, the Kacey song was advertising a swingers club and the Adam Webster song was promoting maternity products.

7 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

The song choruses were displayed on the advertising boards at the Wigan game. I fail to see how Robbo Red could have missed this. He probably thought that the Famara song was an estate agent advert for houses in Knowle, the Kacey song was advertising a swingers club and the Adam Webster song was promoting maternity products.

I don’t look at the advertising boards ffs...my attention is on the game.

The signing section at AG should be behind the goal rather than tucked away in the corner 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t look at the advertising boards ffs...my attention is on the game.

The signing section at AG should be behind the goal rather than tucked away in the corner 

Here are some from Saturday, and like last night it was before the game, ffs you aren’t missing anything!

C97020B1-324C-448A-9F4C-82971B8FD342.jpeg

6502B2DA-B35A-4B94-9DC5-17CF34B45316.jpeg

01AFF642-645E-4298-A65D-1741D252D004.jpeg

0E9C75D6-A4DA-48EA-96EC-6E6A321AFEB7.jpeg

A2E149DF-814E-4D3E-8D36-939C9827148F.jpeg

08E48F29-60AE-4C8E-95AB-7FB07EF01399.jpeg

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Here are some from Saturday, and like last night it was before the game, ffs you aren’t missing anything!

No need to post pictures of AG. I was there.......

The point I’m making is that if the ‘singing section’ was behind the goal in the SS rather than being in the corner the rest of AG would hear them more clearly.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No need to post pictures of AG. I was there.......

The point I’m making is that if the ‘singing section’ was behind the goal in the SS rather than being in the corner the rest of AG would hear them more clearly.

The point that @RedM was making (which you clearly missed :facepalm:) was that the advertising boards showing all the songs for our players was shown prior to the match, so you wouldn't have missed any of the game ("I don’t look at the advertising boards ffs...my attention is on the game" - Robbored) by looking at them.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Her point (which you clearly missed :facepalm:) was that the advertising boards showing all the songs for our players was shown prior to the match, so you wouldn't have missed any of the game ("I don’t look at the advertising boards ffs...my attention is on the game") by looking at them.

I rarely notice the advertising boards because they’re simply part of the background in AG.  I can’t understand why companies pay so much to use them. 

Obviouly these companies carry out market research so assess the better advertising methods so I guess it must work.

if the lyrics were on the main screens I’d notice.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I rarely notice the advertising boards because they’re simply part of the background in AG.  I can’t understand why companies pay so much to use them. 

Obviouly these companies carry out market research so assess the better advertising methods so I guess it must work.

if the lyrics were on the main screens I’d notice.

And then you would say you didn’t see that and want song sheets given out. ?

15 hours ago, glastonred said:

I think it it would be very funny if, the next time opposing fans chant "who are ya? who are ya?" to us; we reply with "is that a rhetorical question? Is that a rhetorical question?"!

Yes, we could riposte every criticism with smart logic, e.g. if opposing fans sing "you're s*** and you know you are" when one of our team does a Bas Savage, we could sing "Secundum quid, secundum quid, secundum quid ..." to the tune of here we go.

(p.s. for those of you not versed in formal logic, secundum quid = the fallacy of the hasty generalization)

Ohhhhh

His first name is Marlon

Ohhhhh

We got him cheap from Cheltenham

Ohhhhh

He never gives the ball away.... (slight lie)

About time Marlon had a proper song, great servant for the club for approaching 6 yrs.

Just listening to OSIB they pointed out the "I see the east end arising" song is missing a verse.

Anyone got any suggestions? Other clubs that sing it there are an extra two lines, great song that could be vastly improved.

Thoughts on this one?

We are the mighty reds

Our home is Ashton gate

Johnson is our leader

And the gas we hate

We follow far and wide

The team from BS3

We bounce around the ground

Because we all believe 

Whoah Whoah Whoah Whoah 

And repeat!!

I’ve always wondered why we don’t try to make more of ‘doobie doobie doo’. Nobody else sings it, it’s ours and doesn’t have to be a drunken ramble. Good tune that everyone can join in with.

“This is our song, our very own song,

we can sing it loud and we can sing it long

Doobie doobie doo......”

Just saw this somewhere online, not even sure what club I've nicked it from.

You're just too good to be true,

Cant get the ball of you, 

You've got a heavenly touch,

You use your elbows so much,

And when were pissed in the bars,

We thank the lord that you're ours,

Cant get the ball off you! ( could change this to your my Famara Diedhiou )

and in to , duh duh, duh duh, duh duh duh duh etc.

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just saw this somewhere online, not even sure what club I've nicked it from.

Cant get the ball of you, 

You've got a heavenly touch,

You use your elbows so much,

And when were pissed in the bars,

We thank the lord that you're ours,

Cant get the ball off you! ( could change this to your my Famara Diedhiou )

and in to , duh duh, duh duh, duh duh duh duh etc.

Fairly sure this was a Liverpool song for Gerrard originally.

13 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

We’ve got Kalas 
Tomas Kalas 
I just don’t think you understand
He only cost 8 mill
He's better than virgil
We’ve got Tomas Kalas

....and then the second verse goes onto say something about do one Robbored if you’re thinking of commenting.

Take a bow Sir.... 

Archived