IGNORED

New Music Video Featuring Ashton Gate

RedLionLad

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Wanted to hate the song, but actually liked it. Strong lyrics really capturing the City well, good humour, lots of pride.

I thought the same. Was expecting to hate it but actually thought it showed the true side of Bristol. What a city. 

I've read that what music you like depends upon your relative preference for each of rhythm, melody, word play, and progression.

That song is mostly wordplay and rhythm, as is most rap, whereas I prefer progression and then melody so like Sibelius, Faure, and Handel.

Music is very much a case of "each to their own".

Don't know much about video but that looks very professional. Not my genre either. Takes guts to put your heart on your sleeve like that. Like the lines about going round the world and missing Bristol - reminded me of "you'll never get surprises living in Devizes" by the Wurzels, who deserved a mention...

32 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Bit cheesey but I like the sentiment, made me feel a bit homesick too. 

I liked the lyrics but couldn’t cope with listening to a ginger, white Bristolian “talking” like that beyond the 2 minute mark! 

Rap? Not my bag. However, it doesn't mean it's rubbish. This video was superbly shot and well produced, at a guess, on a budget of just a few Thatcher's.

I, too, liked the line about coming back to Brizz at the end.  

The lyrics (or whatever they call them in the massiv') were more than audible and kept to the rhythm. They got me to realise I miss Bristol.

The last verse, together with the video snippet of Ashton Gate could easily be played as the team walk out onto the pitch. Why? Because it invokes pride in Bristol City. It also makes a change from hearing that pounding stadium rock tune by that Japanese guitarist (forgotten his name) that is used at so many grounds these days. What originality it would be. Hearing part of this track just before the start of the game and The Wurzels at the end.

Would I go and see the duo in concert? No. Would I buy them a Thatcher's or a decent real ale? Yes, because they deserve it for doing something they believe in. They put whatever finances they had plus time into this project and did it well. Respectfully.....or whatever the kids/bruvvers say these days on the streets!

Archived