IGNORED

Leeds Emergency Press Conference 5pm

And Its Smith

If the EFL have rules in place against this sort of thing then appropriate action should be taken. If not, then whilst it may well go against the English sense of fairplay, you just have to accept it happens. He wont be the only one.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They haven’t broken any rules.

According to Danny Murphy this type of spying has been a part of the game for years.

The real issue is that they got caught.

Palace v Cardiff had something similar in 2014.

Palace fined £25,000. Was only one game though.

@Spoons The likes of Jenas, Keown- fairly hypocritical tbh. It surely goes on in the game, has for years I reckon.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

How easy would it be to watch our training sessions? 

I’ve drove past the training ground many times before, never seen them out training though. 

Easy I expect. This is a real nothing story. Every team does serious research on the team they are playing. 

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I’ve drove past the training ground many times before, never seen them out training though. 

We were that bad at the time i'm amazed he bothered!

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Easy enough - had you or anyone been wearing a City shirt they’d let you in to watch the training.

Same at Derby but the guy was stood on the edge of a footpath by some bushes. All he had to do was wear a Derby top. Nobody would have given him a second glance.

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Every team has been spied on!!

Ethically not right but not illegal, will be interesting what the FA and the EFL make of his revelation 

I don’t even see why it’s unethical, if I’m honest. They didn’t even trespass, and the training ground was visible from a public place,  isn’t that right?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Easy enough - had you or anyone been wearing a City shirt they’d let you in to watch the training.

Same at Derby but the guy was stood on the edge of a footpath by some bushes. All he had to do was wear a Derby top. Nobody would have given him a second glance.

It was the flat cap, whippet and loaf of Hovis under his arm that gave him away.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I am shocked to find that this isn't common practice, it seems logical to me. 

It's ben accepted for decades that when club A is due to play B, then you send someone to watch B's next game. Spying on training routines is what seems to be not acceptable.

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's a historic and fairly long antipathy between Leeds and Chelsea.

Lampard as a modern icon of Chelsea, and him being manager of Derby in this scenario- will fan the flames a bit.

I also remember Lampard mentioning in his autobiography that he was set to sign for Leeds from West Ham, but as David O’Leary only saw him as a squad player, he opted to sign for Chelsea instead.

Probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought that was an interesting little tidbit.

17 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Guessing they’ve used a drone?

That would explain those losing runs.

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It was the flat cap, whippet and loaf of Hovis under his arm that gave him away.

Hovis, from Yorkshire? Really?

Try Macclesfield, Cheshire.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

If there's no rule against it and people in a position of power are that against it then create one and punish them if they continue to do it... As it seems there's no rules broken its a non story really.

The best bit of the story is this press conference.

Completely dissecting Frank Lampard's Derby's tactics and patterns of play over the course of the season- from the start of the season to now!

Archived