IGNORED

Webster’s value

nickolas

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers James, I didn’t realise we could end up spending £8m on the signing of Webster...£4.5m in add ons is lots. Well, LJ certainly can’t say he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market - £8m for someone who’d only made around 50 previous championship appearances and was playing in the conference 4 years ago...still, it looks like he could turn out to be a good ‘un...

Think the consensus was that Webster was worth more than £3.5m had he not had injuries, hence the way the deal was loaded based on add-ons.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t realise we could end up spending £8m on the signing of Webster...£4.5m in add ons is lots. Well, LJ certainly can’t say he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market 

Has LJ ever complained that he wasn’t being backed in the transfer market?       :dunno:

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers James, I didn’t realise we could end up spending £8m on the signing of Webster...£4.5m in add ons is lots. Well, LJ certainly can’t say he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market - £8m for someone who’d only made around 50 previous championship appearances and was playing in the conference 4 years ago...still, it looks like he could turn out to be a good ‘un...

Fair play to LJ - once again under his coaching a player has had his value increased significantly 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Fair play to LJ - once again under his coaching a player has had his value increased significantly 

Or could it be he is playing in a better side, with better players (Kalas especially), with less injuries, with higher profile, etc?  I’m sure LJ has had an effect, but you make it sound like it’s LJ’s coaching alone is responsible for his increased his value.

If you’d said - LJ’s coaching has made Webster a better player I would understand that more.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or could it be he is playing in a better side, with better players (Kalas especially), with less injuries, with higher profile, etc?  I’m sure LJ has had an effect, but you make it sound like it’s LJ’s coaching alone is responsible for his increased his value.

If you’d said - LJ’s coaching has made Webster a better player I would understand that more.

Agreed, though on the other hand if a player comes in, does badly and his value drops LJ tends to get the blame so maybe it's fair to give him some credit if a player's value increases?

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Dave.

Kalas and Webster compliment each other really well and although it’s only half a season they look as if they’ve been playing alongside each for much longer. They’re a very solid pairing.

Credit has to go to LJ for  bringing them to City.

Add to those two the likes of Wright, Baker, Pisano and Kelly and the CB position is well covered.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah your right, however I’m just flipping the coin as he gets blamed for everything else!! 

When he signed the talk was that he was talented but had a history of injuries.

Up until now he's avoided injury and looked a very good signing. Apparently he has an ankle problem which was an issue at Ipswich.

Let's hope this isn't the start of us finding out why a bigger club hadn't already snapped him up.

Archived