IGNORED

Semenyo Recalled (Merged)

Ashtonwurzel

Wouldn't be surprised if City were working on this.

Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree.

12 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree.

Just out of intrest why did you raise this??

11 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Why?

The lad sounds like a prospect but I would really doubt he is ready to start in the Championship.

And before anyone says it, I know he has been ‘linked’ with Manchester United and IF that is true I don’t think it’s to become part of the first team squad there quite yet.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Why?

The lad sounds like a prospect but I would really doubt he is ready to start in the Championship.

And before anyone says it, I know he has been ‘linked’ with Manchester United and IF that is true I don’t think it’s to become part of the first team squad there quite yet.

Means he's a talent but these huge sides hoover up young players. Would it even be a good career move for him at this time? I'd say no.

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Just out of intrest why did you raise this??

Has been doing brilliantly at Newport with lots of praise from coaches and media. It just might save us a bit of cash this January. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't see Newport agreeing to cancel it though

If they want to loan any more players in the future they might want to consider it if asked.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Has been doing brilliantly at Newport with lots of praise from coaches and media. It just might save us a bit of cash this January. 

If they want to loan any more players in the future they might want to consider it if asked.

And if we want to continue having a local club willing to play our youngsters we might want to consider not doing so. Would you be advocating bringing him back here or sending him to league 1. If here is he really better than O'Dowda, Eliasson, Weimann or Adelakun? Doubt he'd get much game time with us, league 1 we then need a team willing to give him as much game time he's getting at Newport if not more.

4 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

City's official site reported there was a recall option in the deal when he joined Newport in July. 

And a new deal agreed this month till end of season. He's got a good years development left and under a good contract still so if he continues to shine and has a good pre-season then he has a great chance. 

11 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

‘ Save us a bit of cash this January’ ? Really?

8 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

And a new deal agreed this month till end of season. He's got a good years development left and under a good contract still so if he continues to shine and has a good pre-season then he has a great chance. 

Interesting. I had only spotted the Bakinson deal being extended, so I did wonder about Semenyo's situation. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If he was recalled in March for example, I don’t believe he could play for us anyway, because I don’t think you register him to us outside the window.

Dave if he is ours isn't he already registered to us? or have I just missed yet another rule change.

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

Dave if he is ours isn't he already registered to us? or have I just missed yet another rule change.

Think loaning clubs hold the registration for the period of the loan, so we'll have the registration for Dasilva etc atm

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think loaning clubs hold the registration for the period of the loan, so we'll have the registration for Dasilva etc atm

I believe Hodge is correct.

If we were buying him off Newport this window, he would surely be considered a 'one for the future' signing. So on that basis, no point calling him back. He's playing league football week in week out there and developing well by the sounds of it.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

He's signed till end of season with no recall. 

1 hour ago, HomerRed said:

City's official site reported there was a recall option in the deal when he joined Newport in July. 

He can be recalled any time in January. Its on our website the BBC etc etc. This is why eyebrows were raised when Bakinson, who has the same loan deal, was confirmed as staying until the end of the season a week or so ago and Semenyo wasn't. There has been a load written about it on here already...But I know not everyone has time to read everything. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bakinson-extends-south-wales-stay/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-joins-newport-on-loan/

Eisa scored a shed load of goals at that level and cost £1.5m but apparently isn't ready to be pitched in at this level yet because of the learning curve for Championship football, so I really can't see any basis why Semenyo would be brought back and involved.

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Eisa scored a shed load of goals at that level and cost £1.5m but apparently isn't ready to be pitched in at this level yet because of the learning curve for Championship football, so I really can't see any basis why Semenyo would be brought back and involved.

They are individuals.

Just looked and hes scored 4 goals in L2 averaging about 1 every 350mins, that's about 1 every 3 and a bit games. Not sure rave reviews or not that its going to help us fix our relative goal drought in the Championship!

If he finishes the season well then maybe chance of fringe squad or L1 loan but that's about it! Its good experience for the lad but lets not get carried away!

If you want someone from L2 to come save us then Nicky Maynard, Kieran Agard and Big John Akinde all feature in the top 10 top scorers so far this season.

33 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Just looked and hes scored 4 goals in L2 averaging about 1 every 350mins, that's about 1 every 3 and a bit games. Not sure rave reviews or not that its going to help us fix our relative goal drought in the Championship!

If he finishes the season well then maybe chance of fringe squad or L1 loan but that's about it! Its good experience for the lad but lets not get carried away!

If you want someone from L2 to come save us then Nicky Maynard, Kieran Agard and Big John Akinde all feature in the top 10 top scorers so far this season.

He's been played out on the wing lot so goals per minute is more comparable to our wingers

Archived