IGNORED

Semenyo Recalled (Merged)

Ashtonwurzel

11 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Rather have the likes of Tammy, Palmer, da Silva and Kalas down here and we once every few seasons lose a player with potential but has only ever played in league 2.

Your answer totally echoes my thoughts, yep send back the 3 loans (and forget that Tammy ever existed) and keep AS on a few hundred quid a week and expect him to do the business on a regular basis in the Championship - No, it ain't going to happen. This is good (IMHO) business for all concerned and the very best of luck to the lad

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Why? Surely our relationship with Chelsea is a win-win for all concerened

An 80s football purist might not like it, but in modern football it's a link that could help us no end in the quest for Premier League football.

7 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Your answer totally echoes my thoughts, yep send back the 3 loans (and forget that Tammy ever existed) and keep AS on a few hundred quid a week and expect him to do the business on a regular basis in the Championship - No, it ain't going to happen. This is good (IMHO) business for all concerned and the very best of luck to the lad

Agree I hope the delay is the club discussing the like of Kalas, Da Silva & Palmer on perms or loans for next season 

18 months left of his contract, won’t sign a new deal as (allegedly) wants to move back to London.

The loan to Newport was always in the hope he impresses thus drumming up as many interested clubs as possible. Chelsea have been aware of Antoine since Filton. This is the window of max value. We sell & reinvest - Good business! And if it is Chelsea, a club we have good relations with then even better. 

Cue AS signing for United....

1 minute ago, redcherryberry said:

18 months left of his contract, won’t sign a new deal as (allegedly) wants to move back to London.

The loan to Newport was always in the hope he impresses thus drumming up as many interested clubs as possible. Chelsea have been aware of Antoine since Filton. This is the window of max value. We sell & reinvest - Good business! And if it is Chelsea, a club we have good relations with then even better. 

Why didn't Chelsea just sign him up for free when  he was at filton ? Also find it odd why a prem team would bother signing him now when he will be even cheaper come the summer . 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You'd be surprised.  There are premiership scouts watching football all over the place from age 8...

I wouldn’t be surprised at all as I know how it works. The vast vast minority of 8 year olds in England are watched by Premier league scouts. 

Just now, miketh2nd said:

Nope Im Just questioning  the post above from redcherryberry where he claims  Chelsea were aware of him whilst at Fillton.... 

Fair enough haven’t read that

34 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I may have misunderstood, but thought there was some new guidance coming along that would stop teams like Chelsea have twenty gazillion players on loan everywhere? If so, seems odd they are increasing their stable at this time!

Not until 2020/21 I believe.

Think it is for players over 21 too so it will help but still has the odd loophole- read it is a maximum of 8 loanees aged 21 or over, could change though.

Anyone else think this is shades of David Coterie going to Wigan?

DC had one stellar game in the televised match at Northampton, just before the transfer deadline and Wigan bid £2m to get him before other teams came in for him - Norwich I think.

.Not saying that Chelsea haven't been monitoring him for a while but seems very coincidental that after god performances in 2 televised cup matches, Chelsea look to get him with Man U rumoured to be in the hunt.

52 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

He signed a 2 year contract extension back in July 18, I really don't think he's become that homesick in the 6-7 months since signing that deal. Plus it's only 2 hours down the motorway, hardly a problem to see his family. 

And the loan deal to Newport was to aid in his development in making our first team, not to be sold off at the earliest opportunity for a mickey mouse £1-2million + 30% sell on.

We are getting our pants pulled down by Chelsea. Not only do we add value to all their loan players, we now sell off our brightest youth prospects to their academy for them to make more profit on. 18 months more development with us, and we could have another £10m- £15m player on our hands. Even if he doesn't develop at this continued rate, we will get the £1-2mill we are getting for him now and we can demand the 30% sell on like we have with McCoulsky.

I bet MA has been pressured into agreeing this deal as he dare not risk the deals we have pending for Palmer, Da Silva and possibly Kalas.....

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Why? Surely our relationship with Chelsea is a win-win for all concerened

The way I see it, its not as clear cut as a win-win for both us and them. Yes we have benefited by having their players on loan here, but we have added value onto each one. The proof will be seeing the kind of deals we manage to negotiate for Palmer & Da Silva and possibly Kalas (if he chooses to stay). As things currently stand and if this AS deal goes through as being reported, the relationship with Chelsea is being hugely stacked in their favour. We are being used as a Championship feeder club. 

4 minutes ago, Kezman said:

He signed a 2 year contract extension back in July 18, I really don't think he's become that homesick in the 6-7 months since signing that deal. Plus it's only 2 hours down the motorway, hardly a problem to see his family. 

And the loan deal to Newport was to aid in his development in making our first team, not to be sold off at the earliest opportunity for a mickey mouse £1-2million + 30% sell on.

We are getting our pants pulled down by Chelsea. Not only do we add value to all their loan players, we now sell off our brightest youth prospects to their academy for them to make more profit on. 18 months more development with us, and we could have another £10m- £15m player on our hands. Even if he doesn't develop at this continued rate, we will get the £1-2mill we are getting for him now and we can demand the 30% sell on like we have with McCoulsky.

I bet MA has been pressured into agreeing this deal as he dare not risk the deals we have pending for Palmer, Da Silva and possibly Kalas.....

The way I see it, its not as clear cut as a win-win for both us and them. Yes we have benefited by having their players on loan here, but we have added value onto each one. The proof will be seeing the kind of deals we manage to negotiate for Palmer & Da Silva and possibly Kalas (if he chooses to stay). As things currently stand and if this AS deal goes through as being reported, the relationship with Chelsea is being hugely stacked in their favour. We are being used as a Championship feeder club. 

It’s a win win for Chelsea for sure 

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Kelly is most people's "greatest ever academy graduate" so don't think he gets many props for playing him. He signed Dasilva did he not?

O'Leary, he was trying to buy another keeper. You not remember Zach Steffen? He was clearly trying to find another one and wasn't comfortable with O'Leary as a temporary number two. 

Morrell, LJ himself admitted that he wasn't planning on playing him vs Huddersfield but Pack got ill. He was trying to sign Williams too. Clearly been forced to play him and has now been made aware how good Morrell was/is. 

Thought Maenpaa was signed after it became clear we weren't getting Steffen.

If he really wasn't comfortable with O'Leary we would have found an emergency loan as those can be done outside the transfer window for goalkeepers if none are fit, and we would have been able to do that with O'Leary being the 'youth goalkeeper'.

Archived