IGNORED

Semenyo Recalled (Merged)

Ashtonwurzel

7 minutes ago, Kezman said:

The way I see it, its not as clear cut as a win-win for both us and them. Yes we have benefited by having their players on loan here, but we have added value onto each one. The proof will be seeing the kind of deals we manage to negotiate for Palmer & Da Silva and possibly Kalas (if he chooses to stay). As things currently stand and if this AS deal goes through as being reported, the relationship with Chelsea is being hugely stacked in their favour. We are being used as a Championship feeder club. 

Means to an end. Those 3 players being here may fire us into the premier league, we also stand a better chance of signing them on permanently if we go up. Then, the added value will be in our favour and nobody will be talking about young Antoine or the £1/2/3 million pound profit plus hefty sell on clause we most likely have negotiated 

If Chelsea have dropped a hint they were after him, I would also hazard they have shown him the size of his new wage packet he would be getting. He may have just glanced at his best ever contract in football, with the knowledge that he may not ever play for them. 

4 minutes ago, screech said:

If Chelsea have dropped a hint they were after him, I would also hazard they have shown him the size of his new wage packet he would be getting. He may have just glanced at his best ever contract in football, with the knowledge that he may not ever play for them. 

He's good but not that good... 

At the end of the day if Chelsea are even remotely interested you can’t hold it against player or club. 

The club are utterly powerless if a club like that is sniffing around, and anyone who thinks the club hold any of the cards in this scenario is living in dreamland. It’s not football manager and you’re dealing with a human being. 

If Chelsea are even remotely interested then the player will be itching to get the move and who can blame him. One good half a season and he’ll be set for life a la Tammy. 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At the end of the day if Chelsea are even remotely interested you can’t hold it against player or club. 

The club are utterly powerless if a club like that is sniffing around, and anyone who thinks the club hold any of the cards in this scenario is living in dreamland. It’s not football manager and you’re dealing with a human being. 

If Chelsea are even remotely interested then the player will be itching to get the move and who can blame him. One good half a season and he’ll be set for life a la Tammy. 

Anyone trying to think up reasons why it’d be best for Semenyo to stay here should probably read this. 

Chelsea are the winners in all this they add value to all there stock as I put it.

The three players we have are already into plenty of game time Palmer kalas desilva being with us is just getting more game time and adding value..What chance does it give our younger players? Believe it or not we are turning into a Chelsea and just stocking up quality youngsters for the big boys to snap them up. Is it good for us I have my doubts but time will tell.

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

If Semenyo is off to Chelsea, how is this really any different to the McCoulsky deal?

We've a young guy with a lot of potential. We cannot justify playing him in our first team as he is not yet ready.  We do not have the financial luxury to simply keep him here with us, training with the 1st team and playing U23s. Also, the player does not want to play in our U23s for £3,000 a week.  Chelsea will give him a huge pay rise, the very best coaching, we make a very good profit, and we build the relationship as well.

I think I heard Ashton talk about players progressing faster than the club? It could be that Semenyo is now progressing faster than we are (up for debate of course). If so then fair play, look after yourself in this world and take the opportunities when they come knocking, you just cannot guarantee that they'll ever come again.

Footnote: If he does go then is it realistic to think Chelsea might  loan him back to us for the rest of the season?

I'm not sure they could loan him back to us. We already have 3loans from Chelsea (one team) which I believe is the maximum

Surely if Chelsea rate this guy and we sell him for a couple a mill, we just ad loads of clauses into the contract, i.e. if he plays 10 games the fee goes up to 5 mill etc, and add in a 50% sell on clause. Pretty sure thats called blackmail if they threaten us by recalling their loan players.

Personally I be pretty p***ed off if we aren't recalling him to get minutes on the pitch, be it starting or from the bench. Out of order if they sell before we get to see his talent, whats the f'in point in that. In an ideal world, we'd have him back on loan straight away, only then Id be happy.

First there was FRANK LAMPARDS DERBY COUNTY. What next.......CHELSEAS BRISTOL CITY!

22 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Sad how people are loving the idea of us paying Chelsea to develop and then sell us for millions some players yet think it’s great we sell a player they rate for relative peanuts when said player will never play for them and will be out on loan to a league club soon after joining . If you cannot see how we are feeding their machine and not ours you had better wake up . 

If policy is to do that scrap the academy and scouts and be a feeder club 

So rather than paying Chelsea for the loans of Kalas, Da Silva and Palmer you would prefer to have 3 players that have come through the academy that are not experienced, and basically not good enough for the first team yet? We then struggle badly but it doesn't matter as they are "our players"? It is a balancing act and no different than other clubs having our players on loan who are in effect improving them for us (for our own gain). Same difference just lower league.

Regarding improving them and costing us millions (assuming you mean they may cost us more than when we got them), it has already been said the fee for Da Silva was pre agreed and will not go up regardless of what he does for us through the season, and we may have the same for Palmer too? 

Semenyo is hardly the 10th player they have had from us if he goes there so unsure how we can be classed as their feeder club, and we do not know what the whole deal is. It may be part of any of the loans coming here permanently.

9 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Good luck to the lad, a far cry from Garland heading that way, this lad has a future!

What a dreadful post / bitter comment

Garland did alright for Chelsea and Leicester before returning to usand grabbing some important goals

Ine if the better players we’ve ever produced and could hardly been more local or one of our own

2 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I'm not sure they could loan him back to us. We already have 3loans from Chelsea (one team) which I believe is the maximum

Next season maybe!

In other news this appears to be a good deal. A good sum that goes into coffers towards buying someone Championship ready, a good sell on deal and the possibility of favorable terms in other deals, such as Kalas and Palmer. 

The nonsense written about feeder club blah blah blah, is exactly that. We are who we are, where we are. One day we maybe competitive with clubs like Chelsea, but for now we need to get there. City follow two models, the much talked about Barcelona total sports club, not just football. Also the Chelsea model, get young players, bring them on and then rent them out/sell them for a profit/play them, its not a big surprise the two clubs are forging links...What would an Aston Villa or Sheffield club give to be in that position?

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Sad how people are loving the idea of us paying Chelsea to develop and then sell us for millions some players yet think it’s great we sell a player they rate for relative peanuts when said player will never play for them and will be out on loan to a league club soon after joining . If you cannot see how we are feeding their machine and not ours you had better wake up . 

If policy is to do that scrap the academy and scouts and be a feeder club 

How totally and utterly one of the most stupid posts I have ever read on OTIB and by God there's been a few .

Our Academy is , having been derided for years as pointless, expensive or under achieving, is nothing short of spectacular and probably the best thing about BCFC that transcends the Manager, first team and any other success we've had in recent times.

Bryan, Reid, Kelly, Semenyo, Morrell - the lads out on loan who are coming good.Millions and millions of £ talent.

Building a sustainable football club- boom. We have arrived.

Can only think this will end up as a bad career move by him, what I mean by that is despite Chelsea having some of the best youngsters in their youth sides barely any are bought through to the first team, the numerous managers over the past few years none of them have bothered, look at Tammy Abraham proved he can score boat loads at Championship level, Swansea imo with how they were set up never suited his game, put crosses into the box and he’ll get you goals, a goal scorer given the service will score at any level, yet Conte and now Sarri decide that Giroud is a better option :facepalm: the bloke can’t score for toffee!

More recently look at the situation with Odoi he’s doing the right thing by wanting out as he wants to be playing every week which he isn’t going to get at Chelsea for another season or 2 yet they turn down his transfer request, they have a right to do so as it’s their player but for god sake the boy just wants to play football! 

Semenyo imo won’t even come close to being a regular there, yes they progress players well (or other teams do when they are on loan) but if it was me or my boy Chelsea would be the last club I’d go to.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Can only think this will end up as a bad career move by him, what I mean by that is despite Chelsea having some of the best youngsters in their youth sides barely any are bought through to the first team, the numerous managers over the past few years none of them have bothered, look at Tammy Abraham proved he can score boat loads at Championship level, Swansea imo with how they were set up never suited his game, put crosses into the box and he’ll get you goals, a goal scorer given the service will score at any level, yet Conte and now Sarri decide that Giroud is a better option :facepalm: the bloke can’t score for toffee!

More recently look at the situation with Odoi he’s doing the right thing by wanting out as he wants to be playing every week which he isn’t going to get at Chelsea for another season or 2 yet they turn down his transfer request, they have a right to do so as it’s their player but for god sake the boy just wants to play football! 

Semenyo imo won’t even come close to being a regular there, yes they progress players well (or other teams do when they are on loan) but if it was me or my boy Chelsea would be the last club I’d go to.

156 goals in 401 league appearances and 33 goals in 87 matches for France would suggest you’re wrong about Giroud.

Why wouldn’t he go there? Better coaches, exposure, more likely be involved with England youth teams, more money... Also what’s to say he won’t make it? I’m sure every single young player in Semenyo’s position would back themselves to make it  if a club like Chelsea comes along...

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The Olivier Giroud who has 77 premier league goals

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

The Olivier Giroud who has 77 premier league goals

Giroud 4 in 31 for Chelsea.

Tammy 5 in 31 for Swansea.

I don't understand why they didn't give him a try when they were effectively playing without a centre forward when Hazzard was up there. 

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Giroud 4 in 31 for Chelsea.

Tammy 5 in 31 for Swansea.

I don't understand why they didn't give him a try when they were effectively playing without a centre forward when Hazzard was up there. 

No I get it and agree with it seems ridiculous to not give him a go but was more suggesting that Giroud has been a proven goalscorer over the years in England. Believe he has over 100 goals in total for arsenal as well.

If Semenyo is wanting this move to be back in London, he's going to get a bit of a shock when he finds himself in Arnhem or Kilmarnock for the next couple if seasons...

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. The player will get paid a wage we would never be able to give him, we get a couple of million for player who's never played above League 2 and has only been in the pro football environment for 2 years and the odds are will never make a top flight appearance (not being harsh, but the odds are very much against teenage footballers making it 'big'). If he does beat the odds, we'll no doubt get a tidy sell on or appearance bonus. This is exactly what the academy is supposed to do; generate some revenue, generate some players for the first team

23 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

If Semenyo is wanting this move to be back in London, he's going to get a bit of a shock when he finds himself in Arnhem or Kilmarnock for the next couple if seasons...

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. The player will get paid a wage we would never be able to give him, we get a couple of million for player who's never played above League 2 and has only been in the pro football environment for 2 years and the odds are will never make a top flight appearance (not being harsh, but the odds are very much against teenage footballers making it 'big'). If he does beat the odds, we'll no doubt get a tidy sell on or appearance bonus. This is exactly what the academy is supposed to do; generate some revenue, generate some players for the first team

Absolutely. There’s one catastrophic mistake that Semenyo can make here and that is stay at Bristol City. 

Coaching, money & family... versus... some fans’ romantic idea that he’s more likely to succeed here. Unbelievable really. 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Absolutely. There’s one catastrophic mistake that Semenyo can make here and that is stay at Bristol City. 

Coaching, money & family... versus... some fans’ romantic idea that he’s more likely to succeed here. Unbelievable really. 

Exactly. Best for all parties that he takes this chance and leaves with our best wishes, though with the caveat that Chelsea need to pay a fair fee. Who knows; he might come back in a few years on loan or if it doesn't work out. Or he might be playing for Wealdstone in the vanarama, a much wealthier young man than he is now

Archived