IGNORED

Frank Lampards Derby County (tm) - Merged

Port Said Red

I thought Frank was playing last night his name got mentioned so much.

There was a brief quiet spell when saints went 2 up and the so-called commentators briefly realised there was actually another team and manager involved but normal service was soon resumed.

Changing their name next year to Derby County F.L. ?

8 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Fairplay to keogh struck the winning pen anouther not good enough for us apparently ..........

Liked him here as a youngster, but very surprised he has kept his place at Derby these days. No, he wouldn’t be first choice for us if he was here now.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

3rd goal of the season, sure we would be happy with that.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

5 in 23 for them this season, with only 2 in 18 in the league

If LJ had spent 5 mill on that I'm sure many would not have been too happy 

This season isn’t over yet - he got 16 in 46 games last season most would be happy with that....

Outside of Mount, Wilson and Lawrence is there anyone on Derby you’d rather have than what we currently have? 

Genuine question because I am struggling to think of anyone. 2 points separate us in the table. Both beat lower prem opposition to get to the 4th round of the FA Cup. 

I’d be a bit annoyed if I was a Derby fan calling them Frank Lampard’s Derby all the time. Wonder what they think? Anyway considering my initial question, he is doing a decent job there. Though they are much more reliant on loans than we are. If they do not get promoted this season it could be a long way back for them. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This season isn’t over yet - he got 16 in 46 games last season most would be happy with that....

Fam had 13 in 32 last season and guarantee that has no bearing on how people rate him

Waghorn a decent champ player. Can score goals for an average side and doesn’t feature much for a better one. Would he be more effective for us than Weimann? Possibly but for the outlay not sure it be a massive difference. Also Weimann makes good runs from out to in like Waghorn would but doesn’t get spotted so that wouldn’t change. 

52 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Obviously kalas and webstar are better than keogh but hes 32 and forged a successful career and became captain at a championship club for many years , we sold him to soon as we do so often and kept paying ,playing players who were not at his level .

I always thought we offered him a new deal but he turned it down.Was that not the case?

29 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Frank Lampard's Keogh is struggling to keep his place, his at best this season has been average, although he did have an OK match last night.  

The lad from Chelsea alongside him makes him a bit better than he is these days. 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Looking at it another way

51 goals in 230 championship games. evens out to 10 in a 46 game season. 

Compare that to fam who is averaging 17 in a 46 game season. 

When you consider they both cost virtually the same, not spending 5 mill on Waghorn was a good decision imo

11 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Fairplay to keogh struck the winning pen anouther not good enough for us apparently ..........

He has been awful for last couple of seasons when I have watched them, and now looks completely out of his depth.

Ps - plenty of players are seemed not good enough for other clubs, and when they move on they do seem to do better (better environment, confidence, formation etc etc). It's as if every single player who moves from us suddenly becomes some sort of great player going by what is posted on here. Plenty were deemed not good enough for us and sold/left and have been proved by all reasonable doubt to be the case - where are the mentions of all of these former players?

24 minutes ago, wood_red said:

He has been awful for last couple of seasons when I have watched them, and now looks completely out of his depth.

Ps - plenty of players are seemed not good enough for other clubs, and when they move on they do seem to do better (better environment, confidence, formation etc etc). It's as if every single player who moves from us suddenly becomes some sort of great player going by what is posted on here. Plenty were deemed not good enough for us and sold/left and have been proved by all reasonable doubt to be the case - where are the mentions of all of these former players?

Hes just captained his side to a great comeback from 2-0 against prem opposition and u think hes out of his depth ? 

Ok buddy we are all entitled to our opinions i guess .....

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Hes just captained his side to a great comeback from 2-0 against prem opposition and u think hes out of his depth ? 

You think he has been that good for the last couple of seasons consistently? One off games/performances don't really mean a lot in the context of a season for me.

When I have seen him play he has been generally poor, I wouldn't have him in front of Bakes or Bailey Wright myself.

26 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yeah, that 1 game definitely means he's played like that every week.....

He's been largely poor this season and has made mistakes costing goals every few weeks.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

I always thought we offered him a new deal but he turned it down.Was that not the case?

Yes I remember him being voted Young Player of the Season and then deciding to join a club that were apparently going places - Coventry (!)

His decision making then and now seems questionable but he's made a good living since even though he always seems to make at least  one howler every game.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, that 1 game definitely means he's played like that every week.....

He's been largely poor this season and has made mistakes costing goals every few weeks.

Im a bristol city fan so unlike some on here i havent watched derby every week !

If your captain of your club your manager has faith in you ...

Archived