IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

I will be, it’s a long way for me and I live west side of London so can’t imagine what it’s like coming from Bristol.

I have had to go there a lot with work in the last year and I do quite like it and the people I was working for .But, how my heart would sink everytime I hit the road and saw a sign saying London 109 miles, knowing how far I was on the wrong side of the big smoke. :( 

45 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wow - 10 - good effort - all from Taunton?

Thats like 90 toes and 84 fingers - fair play to you.

They can meet up with 10 from Norwich - that's 120 toes and 120 fingers.

Hi Taunton am based up here now. 

Decent away day, friendly drinking but you have to know where to go as its sprawled out a bit

What's you agenda, all day drinking, clubbing, lap dancing?!! (I'm not offering!)

There's a wetherspoons not far from ground and train station (2 mins walk) with a large multistorey car park next to train station.

I would recommend the coach and horses turn right out of train station, mixed home and away but v friendly good beer and near where away coaches stop. I would avoid complete angler not a bad pub typical police outside with cameras sort of thing.

Nightclubs are based on prince of wales road drinkers here are 18-25 mostly nightclubs and late night trouble spot 

Tombland area, cobbled street type area, is my choice mixed pubs mostly historic slightly older crowd, has a spoons and further along in Magdalene street is curry house area.

For oldies an independent pub "the fat cat" is worth a look but no food or music, real ale place

Any more info let i know

2 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Decent away day, friendly drinking but you have to know where to go as its sprawled out a bit

What's you agenda, all day drinking, clubbing, lap dancing?!! (I'm not offering!)

There's a wetherspoons not far from ground and train station (2 mins walk) with a large multistorey car park next to train station.

I would recommend the coach and horses turn right out of train station, mixed home and away but v friendly good beer and near where away coaches stop. I would avoid complete angler not a bad pub typical police outside with cameras sort of thing.

Nightclubs are based on prince of wales road drinkers here are 18-25 mostly nightclubs and late night trouble spot 

Tombland area, cobbled street type area, is my choice mixed pubs mostly historic slightly older crowd, has a spoons and further along in Magdalene street is curry house area.

For oldies an independent pub "the fat cat" is worth a look but no food or music, real ale place

Any more info let i know

Top post! Cheers mate!

Trains running straight through now London liverpool st direct to naarwich

Some naughty footy types get the tube to Stratford straight through gates on tube ticket and jump on 321 to Ipswich with no guard on and get free travel then just pay from Ipswich to norwich. Can't do this on return journey. 

But this is obviously fraud and not encouraged.

10 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Am sure Norwich isn’t on top of everyone’s list for nights out :laugh: but anyone else staying over for Norwich away? 10 of us!!

4 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

We are flying haha! Didn’t even know their was an airport in Norwich :laugh:

I stayed there when Scotty scored 2  in a 3-1 win. Everything was closed by 1am but a decent friendly place. 

6 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Trains running straight through now London liverpool st direct to naarwich

Some naughty footy types get the tube to Stratford straight through gates on tube ticket and jump on 321 to Ipswich with no guard on and get free travel then just pay from Ipswich to norwich. Can't do this on return journey. 

But this is obviously fraud and not encouraged.

Not according to Trainline as it stands they are not. Liverpool street to Cambridge then to Norwich, or bus to Witham then train to Norwich. Maybe just needs updating if it has changed recently?

19 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Any more info let i know

Cheers fella. Staying in Great Ellingham for the weekend and getting the train in from Attleborough. Info re local pubs really helpful.?

Archived