IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

• Admin

I think he means he cannot get a direct one from London to Norwich (rather than the Kings Cross bit). Even on the Greater Anglia site they do not show any direct trains on the date (I even checked the tomorrow as it is another Saturday and still nothing), so they are all not updating their routes/timetables if there is a direct one. I would be tempted to go if there was a direct one but can see it being horrendous price if booked on the day?

13 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Sheffield United didn’t sell out at Norwich Saturday, Derby didn’t sell out at Norwich the other week. West Brom had 1k at Ipswich last month.

Next.

But other than that it was a factual statement.....

Sorry about late reply leader, wanted to check with my conductor mate

You are correct not running through from London liverpoo l street directly there are replacement buses scheduled on that day for last I of the route

He suggests kings cross to ely and change for ely to norwich. Ely is a v small station but we'll serviced.

The train out of kings cross should be a greater anglia one and either a greater anglia or a east Midlands train (depending on time of day) to norwich

Hope this helps bud

The journey by train to this fixture seems a nightmare this season.

ive found tickets from Bath to Norwich (return) for around £51 that doesn’t include an underground ticket mind.

Total travelling time one way is 5 and a half hours because of engineering works and replacement bus services or going via different routes...... Sod that!! Fair play to anyone that makes the journey by train !! Car it is I think !!!

On 03/02/2019 at 19:37, Born and Red in 82 said:

The journey by train to this fixture seems a nightmare this season.

ive found tickets from Bath to Norwich (return) for around £51 that doesn’t include an underground ticket mind.

Total travelling time one way is 5 and a half hours because of engineering works and replacement bus services or going via different routes...... Sod that!! Fair play to anyone that makes the journey by train !! Car it is I think !!!

I'm with you, but wavering a bit. 
If you look further up the thread there is a route without Rail replacement. Bristol-Paddington-Kings Cross-Ely - Norwich , I think it's still about the same travel time mind you.

As there are no trains between London Liverpool Street and Norwich every weekend in February I would suggest doing Liverpool Street to Cambridge and changing for a Cambridge to Norwich train, this is cheeper than going for kings cross, 

I did the rail replacenent bus last autumn when visiting friends in Norwich and it was a shambles took far longer than in the time table I would say away from it 

Bristol to 

33 minutes ago, winsaw said:

As there are no trains between London Liverpool Street and Norwich every weekend in February I would suggest doing Liverpool Street to Cambridge and changing for a Cambridge to Norwich train, this is cheeper than going for kings cross, 

I did the rail replacenent bus last autumn when visiting friends in Norwich and it was a shambles took far longer than in the time table I would say away from it 

If you dont mind 6 hrs each way National Express is an option, £55 return, gets you back into Bristol for 1am.

06.45 leave arrive 13.25 Leave 18.30 arive Bristol 00.50

Yes ciderhider I've done bristol Paddington (train) then national express from Victoria as always found n express a really cheap option, your looking at 5 hours most ways you travel im afraid even by car.

Not to confuse but trains are running back to and from London liv street with bus replacement service from shenfield. To simplify it u would get the train from norwich, train terminates at shenfield and a bus takes you from there to london liv street, far from ideal!

On 24/01/2019 at 23:00, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I’ll definitely bear this in mind. Haven’t got to as many as I’d like this season as my wife’s been pregnant and my twins were born prematurely. I’m always a willing driver ?

I’m Wymondham based - where about are you guys?

I am here too, based at Martham on the Broads.

Archived