IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Doesn't matter so long as you're not asking for a beamback. Wouldn't be fair on the fans who are actually going to the games unless it was a sell out.

Why wouldn't it? You've booked a ticket and travel so why should you care on what happens back in Bristol? 

I think it'd be a good idea. For many, taking 12 hours plus out of their Saturday doesn't work, add into that the financial aspect of it and I'd imagine many wouldn't be able to go even if they wanted to. 

Therefore having it as a beam back would let them watch what is a vital game for us

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why wouldn't it? You've booked a ticket and travel so why should you care on what happens back in Bristol? 

I think it'd be a good idea. For many, taking 12 hours plus out of their Saturday doesn't work, add into that the financial aspect of it and I'd imagine many wouldn't be able to go even if they wanted to. 

Therefore having it as a beam back would let them watch what is a vital game for us

Mate you are wasting your time with him and Taunton they don't get it. They are the same on every thread.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You've assumed that I've already booked ticket and travel (I haven't, for the record) so that doesn't work for a start.

It's a vital game, putting on a beamback makes it too easy for people to just go down to Ashton Gate and watch it there rather than travel. I'd bet my life on it that if there was a beamback for it then it'd be completely full in the sports bar.

No to a beamback, unless it's a sell out which thankfully the club are on board with.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Mate you are wasting your time with him and Taunton they don't get it. They are the same on every thread.

So are you, bore off.

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yet last season we had over 1500 at Sunderland, the year before over 2700 at Newcastle despite going into it winless in 11 games. How on earth did so many possibly afford it...? Funny ain’t it.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

You've assumed that I've already booked ticket and travel (I haven't, for the record) so that doesn't work for a start.

It's a vital game, putting on a beamback makes it too easy for people to just go down to Ashton Gate and watch it there rather than travel. I'd bet my life on it that if there was a beamback for it then it'd be completely full in the sports bar.

No to a beamback, unless it's a sell out which thankfully the club are on board with.

So are you, bore off.

Maybe people can actually make it to AG but not to Norwich. Is this difficult to understand?

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Yet last season we had over 1500 at Sunderland, the year before over 2700 at Newcastle despite going into it winless in 11 games. How on earth did so many possibly afford it...? Funny ain’t it.

:laugh: yeah imagine we had Newcastle now with them top and us on this form ahaha everyone would be going nuts that not enough tickets 

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I do wonder whether we’d get all these excuses if we were playing the likes of Man United & Liverpool away regularly. 

Of course not. Everyone dropped what they had and flocked to Man City away in midweek at two weeks notice, it's a load of bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Maybe people can actually make it to AG but not to Norwich. Is this difficult to understand?

Then unfortunately you won't be able to watch the game. Hard luck. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I can't answer for everyone but I know that I certainly can't and I'd imagine people with families, bills to pay etc will be in the same position. 

Add to that we go to carrow Road on a regular basis now, whilst Newcastle and Sunderland would have been new grounds for many, which makes an impact. 

Ultimately, fair play to all who are going but don't take it as an opportunity to have a pop at those who have more to their lives than following city 

Of course not. Everyone dropped what they had and flocked to Man City away in midweek at two weeks notice, it's a load of bollocks.

Comparing a cup semi final away to the best side in the country to a game in Norwich is so laughable its brilliant... 

I'm sure I'll survive. 

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I understand that but surely 2,000 of the 8,000 who went to Man City can goto a much bigger more important game!

I give up we had this same debate on the Blackburn thread.

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

9 hours travel, as said , with Rail replacement for a chunk of it after London. Still tempted , but understandable people are not rushing to do this one. Shame that City didn't think to put on a train or 2.

Where are you getting the rail replacement from? 

I can see: Bristol TM- Paddington, tube to King's Cross. Train to Ely, then final train to Norwich.

I’m the biggest fan.

No you are not I am.

Eff driving to Norwich - good luck to you - Radio Bristol and wait for the next home game for me.

Out of interest - does Bristol City get anything from Norwich for tickets sold or is all the money in their pockets?

11 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

What train are people getting from Bristol? I'm yet to decide on going. About an 11 hour round trip I reckon. 

BTM - Paddington, tube to King's X, King's X to Ely, Ely to Norwich. Back home around midnight. 

Can get it for £100 if buy as 3 separate journeys. 

Use www.trainsplit.com and search the journey, if you're between 16-25 you'd may as well buy a railcard as you'll save about 25 quid on this journey alone and it only costs £35 for the railcard. It'll be £47 for me when I go to book it on the same route, will be on the 730 from BTM.

• The title was changed to Norwich away - (Merged)

What split ticketing doesn’t offer is the ability to book two separate advanced tickets with a break in the middle, for instance you may be able to book an advanced single from temple meads to Paddington and a further single an hour or so later from Paddington to Norwich at reduced rates. These may not show up in the split websites as they show continuous journeys. So quickly scan Trainline for each leg.

2 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Where are you getting the rail replacement from? 

I can see: Bristol TM- Paddington, tube to King's Cross. Train to Ely, then final train to Norwich.

2 of us looked and the route they gave went via Witham, where there was rail replacement.

20 hours ago, Super said:

Four hours drive to Naaarich from God’s own City .

Why not make a weekend of it ? Lovely part of the country Norfolk .

Norwich is a great , friendly City and the surrounding countryside and beaches are worth visiting.

Fish and Chips at Cromer , Banger Stop at Norwich market a treat for those that like a good sausage ( and who doesn’t ? ) .

Messing about on the Norfolk Broads , ( one of the reasons I had to leave the area :shifty: ) 

On top of all that a top of the table clash between two proper footballing sides in a tidy ground close to the City centre .

I’d love to go but alas ... 

Sing loud for us Red Army .

On 13/02/2019 at 09:36, Taunton_BCFC said:

I’m not having a pop. But come on this is potentially our biggest most important game for years! Nearly 8k 8!!!! Thounsend went to Manchester on a Tuesday night! Surely we should be taking 1.5-2k for a top of table clash on our form!

You do realise that many will have thought they will probably never have the chance to see us play Manchester City away in their lifetime, they were playing some of the best football in the World at the time and the biggest club in England, and it was a semi final of a cup. One of the biggest games in their lives. Is Norwich a massive game - yes it is, but it still won't compare to that game regardless to many fans.

20 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

A 50 minute flight for £80, or 5.5hr train/replacement bus journey for £100+. Some people would have planned at the start of the season to go to those games as well, Norwich wouldn't have been marked down as a must. You also have to face reality that Newcastle and Sunderland will have a bigger pull than Norwich. 

Archived