IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

The home game was terrific and we played something akin to our pre Christmas form from last season and could have and should have won it.

We are playing far better defensively and are improving going forward.

They are going to attack us and so I'm expecting a really good game.

I think they will be a little surprised by the improvements we've made.

I'm glad I've got my ticket and I'm really looking forward to the game.

Yep. They are beatable at home and I think we may be in radar range after this game.

3/1 at the moment for a win - quite generous given the unbeaten run and I'll have some of that.

Anyone else on the train/tube for this? About a 6 hour journey but providing you have a railcard you can get it for £50-60 on trainsplit. 6 changes there and back in total, two of them being in Ely(?) that I'd never even heard of but should be good fun. 7am from Temple Meads gets us in at just gone noon.

Looks like there's about 130 left, allocation will be extended then. Hopefully 1,200/1,300 with POTD which will be more than double last years effort.

I'm fortunate to go to most away games and to be honest, i really don't care how many we take, if its just the 300 at Ipswich or the 7k at Man City, I find most away games we have a laugh and we are normally loud even if it is just a few hundred of us!  Sometimes the less we take the better the atmosphere is, it certainly stops people looking for their allocated seat when its not a sell out, so that's a bonus.  Fair play to all that are going to Norwich this Saturday, long drive but reckon it will be worth it, see you all there.

37 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I meant on the Twitter page mate, I'd imagine many more people will see the twitter feed of our account than see articles on the website?

I don't use Twitter, but would have assumed that each time an article was put on the OS, that a link was posted on Twitter. Is this not the case?

A mate has talked someone into driving so we're in. Not been there since the cup game Fleck scored around 91.

Bollocks, missed part of the text and we have a driver for Preston, I F@#'in hate Preston.  Norwich will have to take care of itself .

Hi,   Norwich fan in peace here.

I see from our club website that they have acknowledged your request for additional tickets, but I believe they will only release tickets on a non return basis at this late stage. 

I hope that you guys do turn up in numbers, the atmosphere should be great if we get the game I am imagining in my head! 

On a side note, if you've not been to Carrow Road before, parking close to the ground is not particularly easy and getting away after the game can take a while, you're better to find a Just Park Space west of the ground and walk 20 mins, it is quicker in the long run.

2 minutes ago, OldYella said:

Hi,   Norwich fan in peace here.

I see from our club website that they have acknowledged your request for additional tickets, but I believe they will only release tickets on a non return basis at this late stage. 

I hope that you guys do turn up in numbers, the atmosphere should be great if we get the game I am imagining in my head! 

On a side note, if you've not been to Carrow Road before, parking close to the ground is not particularly easy and getting away after the game can take a while, you're better to find a Just Park Space west of the ground and walk 20 mins, it is quicker in the long run.

Where good for pre match drink and where best to go in evening? Cheers

Pre match:-

https://www.themurderers.co.uk/  Decent drinking venue, lively atmosphere but welcome to away fans, city centre, so 10 min walk from ground.

Or the bars in Riverside complex, (Spoons etc) https://riversidenorwich.co.uk/whats-on, again lively pre game, shorter walk but no soul....

Evening depends on what you're looking for? Clubs and bars is Prince of Wales Road, or Tombland for a slightly more relaxed drink. Eating out is spread across the city centre, with plenty of choice, with the best curry houses in Magdelan Street.

11 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Anyone else on the train/tube for this? About a 6 hour journey but providing you have a railcard you can get it for £50-60 on trainsplit. 6 changes there and back in total, two of them being in Ely(?) that I'd never even heard of but should be good fun. 7am from Temple Meads gets us in at just gone noon.

Looks like there's about 130 left, allocation will be extended then. Hopefully 1,200/1,300 with POTD which will be more than double last years effort.

@BessexRED  Ely is a cracking little market town - been there many times - it has Britains worst nightclub in it (as voted by patrons!).

Pub right opposite station a bit rough, but has nice real ales.

If you have time, well worth a pint or two. Friendly place lots of pubs, but light on take away food places.

7 minutes ago, SX227 said:

@BessexRED  Ely is a cracking little market town - been there many times - it has Britains worst nightclub in it (as voted by patrons!).

Pub right opposite station a bit rough, but has nice real ales.

If you have time, well worth a pint or two. Friendly place lots of pubs, but light on take away food places.

Sounds spot on mate, we have 50 mins at the station so we’ll head in for a pint. Will let you know what we think.

It was frustrating over the weekend Middlesbrough getting a result (cheers Del Boy going and getting yourself sent off!!). Thought Blackburn would be able to take points off them, and it now means in all likelihood, and you never know - Derby did draw at Ipswich after all, but chances are we'll be out of the playoffs going into the Norwich game.

And whilst I think we've got a great shot of going and getting something there, it is a tough game, we could well lose, and then suddenly we might find ourselves 3 or 4 points adrift going into the Birmingham game; who are a tricky side to play against, just the sort of team we might traditionally struggle against at home. Well organized, happy to let us have the ball, aim to hit us on the break. And that would suddenly become a crucial game, with Preston away and Leeds to follow...things could begin to unravel very quickly.

The flip side of that of course is if we could go and beat Norwich, that would be a fantastic statement of intent and really start getting people's attention. As much as we've been on this amazing run, you still find a lot of people (go and have a look at their forum!) who'll go "oh well they've had an easy run of games, they haven't really beaten anyone of any note". Which is ridiculous, we all know how competitive the Championship is so to produce the consistency we have is remarkable, but it's also not entirely untrue. We haven't played anyone in the top 7 a second time yet. But if we could go and get a result on Saturday, no one will be in any doubt that we're the real deal, we're there to stay. And things will look very differently, suddenly we'll be 7 points behind Norwich with 2 games in hand and going into the next few games, buzzing, feeling we've very much got a shot at crashing the automatic promotion party.

So it feels like a pivotal game coming up. Our season could really turn on a knife edge either way over the next couple of weeks leading up to the international break.

Exciting/nervous times...... ??

4 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

It was frustrating over the weekend Middlesbrough getting a result (cheers Del Boy going and getting yourself sent off!!). Thought Blackburn would be able to take points off them, and it now means in all likelihood, and you never know - Derby did draw at Ipswich after all, but chances are we'll be out of the playoffs going into the Norwich game.

And whilst I think we've got a great shot of going and getting something there, it is a tough game, we could well lose, and then suddenly we might find ourselves 3 or 4 points adrift going into the Birmingham game; who are a tricky side to play against, just the sort of team we might traditionally struggle against at home. Well organized, happy to let us have the ball, aim to hit us on the break. And that would suddenly become a crucial game, with Preston away and Leeds to follow...things could begin to unravel very quickly.

The flip side of that of course is if we could go and beat Norwich, that would be a fantastic statement of intent and really start getting people's attention. As much as we've been on this amazing run, you still find a lot of people (go and have a look at their forum!) who'll go "oh well they've had an easy run of games, they haven't really beaten anyone of any note". Which is ridiculous, we all know how competitive the Championship is so to produce the consistency we have is remarkable, but it's also not entirely untrue. We haven't played anyone in the top 7 a second time yet. But if we could go and get a result on Saturday, no one will be in any doubt that we're the real deal, we're there to stay. And things will look very differently, suddenly we'll be 7 points behind Norwich with 2 games in hand and going into the next few games, buzzing, feeling we've very much got a shot at crashing the automatic promotion party.

So it feels like a pivotal game coming up. Our season could really turn on a knife edge either way over the next couple of weeks leading up to the international break.

Exciting/nervous times...... ??

Chill bro , every game between now and the end of the season will be nerve wracking.

If you’re getting all unnecessary now you’re going to peak too soon and that won’t be pretty.

50 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Chill bro , every game between now and the end of the season will be nerve wracking.

If you’re getting all unnecessary now you’re going to peak too soon and that won’t be pretty.

Hey, I was all ready for a nice dramaless midtable finish for once, I'm not prepared for this! :laugh:

Archived