IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

We have asked for more tickets that's a joke I guess as Norwich sell out every game and looking on line if tried to get a ticket in the home end I would be hard pressed to find two together, I know that if they could they would go down our end as its easier to get an away ticket than a home one !

17 minutes ago, foghornred said:

We have asked for more tickets that's a joke I guess as Norwich sell out every game and looking on line if tried to get a ticket in the home end I would be hard pressed to find two together, I know that if they could they would go down our end as its easier to get an away ticket than a home one !

A joke in what sense? The regulations in this league state you must allocate a minimum of 2,000, or 10% of your ground in the case of clubs like Rotherham and Brentford who play in parks, if requested.

5 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

A joke in what sense? The regulations in this league state you must allocate a minimum of 2,000, or 10% of your ground in the case of clubs like Rotherham and Brentford who play in parks, if requested.

Bit disrespectful to Rotherham. May only hold around 12K but New York Stadium is a good example of what a limited but progressive club can build. Better than anything the Fewers have ever managed, now The Mem is what you call a “park” as it has enough tents to hold the annual Scouts Summer Fete surrounding it.

7 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

All home tickets are sold,  none available at all.

The way we do away tickets it seems is to give an initial allocation of 830 which are provided on a sale or return basis. The away club can request more, up to 2,600 ish in total, but beyond the initial allocation, I think the away club pays for them regardless of whether they are sold.

So I think you (Bristol City) have paid for 500 extra whether fans buy them or not. The logic being that if you hadn’t taken them, they would have been sold to home fans instead. 

This system means we don’t end up with all clubs taking the full 2,600 and leaving loads of empty space in the away section.

53 minutes ago, Canary_Yellow said:

All home tickets are sold,  none available at all.

The way we do away tickets it seems is to give an initial allocation of 830 which are provided on a sale or return basis. The away club can request more, up to 2,600 ish in total, but beyond the initial allocation, I think the away club pays for them regardless of whether they are sold.

So I think you (Bristol City) have paid for 500 extra whether fans buy them or not. The logic being that if you hadn’t taken them, they would have been sold to home fans instead. 

This system means we don’t end up with all clubs taking the full 2,600 and leaving loads of empty space in the away section.

Yes mate, which makes total sense to me, it's logical. We had pretty much sold the 980 (I think, not 890) 5 days before the game though, so we're well within our rights to ask for an extra 500 given we're entitled to 2,000 minimum in total.

56 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit disrespectful to Rotherham. May only hold around 12K but New York Stadium is a good example of what a limited but progressive club can build. Better than anything the Fewers have ever managed, now The Mem is what you call a “park” as it has enough tents to hold the annual Scouts Summer Fete surrounding it.

Was only tongue in cheek, their ground works well for them. I absolutely love Griffin Park's away end as well, it'll be a shame when they move in a couple of years, another old stadium with character gone and another generic new build to visit.

Last away game this season was Swansea.

As we only live 10 miles away from the Liberty It was not much commitment!!

Never felt so comfortable  with City defending a first minute 1 nil lead for the rest of the game.

A bit more commitment  being shown for this Saturday. Bought three tickets yesterday. 

Wife and I  leaving Llanelli then collecting daughter from Portsmouth before onward travel to Norfolk . We are though travelling up Friday and coming back Sunday!

I feel this game could be pivotal to the rest of our season and hope for a Swansea type display

Apparentl6y Norfolk is supposed to rival The West Country for its cider...... is this correct ?

17 minutes ago, norwichrobin said:

Good effort fella. It's norwich beer festival friday, good atmosphere, no trouble, very laid back and your best bet for a good cider in the city

it's at Andrews hall 1 minute from centre, may see you there, coyr!

sounds the sort of place you could spot alan partridge quaffing an ale...….

22 minutes ago, norwichrobin said:

Good effort fella. It's norwich beer festival friday, good atmosphere, no trouble, very laid back and your best bet for a good cider in the city

it's at Andrews hall 1 minute from centre, may see you there, coyr!

Will also be up for Friday and Saturday night so checked out the beer festival web site. Over 70 ciders on offer...……..but none...NONE...from the west country :disapointed2se:

Looks good though.

Reading the friendly chat between Norwich and BCFC fans on this thread got me thinking that our two clubs have a lot in common:

1) Both stadiums have a capacity of about 27K

2) Both clubs are located in cities which are surrounded by agricultural land - mostly arable in Norfolk and mainly dairy down here.

3) We both have majority owners who are English (not sure if Delia is still the main owner at Norwich - but I think she is) and we are incredibly fortunate to have Bristol born billionaire Steve Lansdown. 

But of course, one big difference is that Norwich have been in the PL - is it three times or four ? I know a Canaries fan will put me right.

And finally, on a personal note I was born in Norwich in 1951. We left when I was 18 months old,  so I don't remember much about it although I have been back since, 

Lovely city - but I still prefer Bristol.

4 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Reading the friendly chat between Norwich and BCFC fans on this thread got me thinking that our two clubs have a lot in common:

1) Both stadiums have a capacity of about 27K

2) Both clubs are located in cities which are surrounded by agricultural land - mostly arable in Norfolk and mainly dairy down here.

3) We both have majority owners who are English (not sure if Delia is still the main owner at Norwich - but I think she is) and we are incredibly fortunate to have Bristol born billionaire Steve Lansdown. 

But of course, one big difference is that Norwich have been in the PL - is it three times or four ? I know a Canaries fan will put me right.

And finally, on a personal note I was born in Norwich in 1951. We left when I was 18 months old,  so I don't remember much about it although I have been back since, 

Lovely city - but I still prefer Bristol.

Wasn’t Cheesley signed from Norwich?

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

First I've heard of it.

I am fairly surprised that it was worth anybody's time in setting up a partnership between a football club and an airline; even if they weren't on the cusp of going bankrupt.

Last summer apparently …. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-launch-new-partnership-with-flybmi/    

… fly BMI is also listed on the Club Partners list at the foot of Official Site pages.

26 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Where's the best pub to head straight from the station @Canary_Yellow or anyone else on here that's visited?

Greetings. The away fans pub used to be the Compleat Angler which is directly opposite the station but that has now changed and it is home fans only. There isn't really an away fans pub now to be honest but you will be fine going in most pubs, certainly those away from the ground/station.

Two pubs which are the ground side of the station which i am sure will allow away fans in (unless you are being a ****) are the Coach and Horses and the Fat Cat and Canary. Both will have lots of home fans in but both allow well behaved away fans. The Coach is the closest to the station. You basically come out of the station and then turn right and walk 5 minutes up the hill and its on the left. Does decent beer, pre match food etc and I think they have an outside bar if the weather is good but does get very busy pre-match.

Other than that between the station and the ground you have the Riverside complex. This has a load of more modern bars, various chain restaurants and a big wetherspoons.  Think the usual fairly uninspiring generic "entertainment" type complex places. I think some of the pubs will be home fans only though but if you want food the restaurants should let you in.

For those staying up or who have time to explore a bit the one thing I would say is don;t judge the city on Prince of Wales Road. (which is the road running from the station to the City Centre). Norwich is a beautiful city, Prince of Wales Road has deteriorated and is a bit sh*t other than if you want to end up in  a cheesy bar/nightclub at 2am and maybe have a fight. My advice would be walk straight up it and keep going as once you get up to the Tombland area and beyond (St Benedicts, Norwich Lanes, London Street, around the castle and in the area around St Andrews Hall where the beer festival is etc) you will find much nicer pubs, bars, restaurants etc and there are also loads of good ones throughout the rest of the City Centre in which you should have no issues unless you go looking for them. I think Stadia (a sports bar in Tombland) has started trying to encourage away fans in since the other away fans shut. Its a bit dark but lost of big screens showing any lunchtime matches/the rugby etc

The beer festival is brilliant if you like your real ale or cider but will get extremely busy so if you plan to go I would get there early.

Anyway hope this helps. should be a cracking game and I don;t think any Norwich fans are arrogantly expecting us to roll you over although with the way we are playing we are also confident that we have the ability to win if we play well. It will be interesting to see how you approach it tactically as you recent away results suggest you have been grinding out the away wins by keeping it tight. We have tended to struggle most against teams who can effect a high press and/or teams who have fast runners who can exploit the gaps our fullbacks occasionally leave when they bomb forward. We are also still a bit suspect at defending set pieces. If you just sit off us and try to keep it tight though then i fancy our chances and we seem to create a lot of chances regardless of who we are playing and how we play. I don;t expect it to be 0-0! We do tend to score a fair few late goals though as teams who press us high do tire eventually. That said in most recent games (Preston aside) we seem to have started to come out of the blocks quickly. Huge game for both sides, especially with WBA and Shef U playing each other.

Archived