Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Taunton_BCFC

Norwich away - (Merged)

Wow - 10 - good effort - all from Taunton?

Thats like 90 toes and 84 fingers - fair play to you.

• Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

I will be, it’s a long way for me and I live west side of London so can’t imagine what it’s like coming from Bristol.

I have had to go there a lot with work in the last year and I do quite like it and the people I was working for .But, how my heart would sink everytime I hit the road and saw a sign saying London 109 miles, knowing how far I was on the wrong side of the big smoke. :( 

45 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wow - 10 - good effort - all from Taunton?

Thats like 90 toes and 84 fingers - fair play to you.

They can meet up with 10 from Norwich - that's 120 toes and 120 fingers.

• Haha 1

Used to work for Norwich Union and always had a good night out whenever visiting/working up there. Seemed to spend a lot of  time in Murderers I seem to remember.  

• Like 1

Hi Taunton am based up here now. 

Decent away day, friendly drinking but you have to know where to go as its sprawled out a bit

What's you agenda, all day drinking, clubbing, lap dancing?!! (I'm not offering!)

There's a wetherspoons not far from ground and train station (2 mins walk) with a large multistorey car park next to train station.

I would recommend the coach and horses turn right out of train station, mixed home and away but v friendly good beer and near where away coaches stop. I would avoid complete angler not a bad pub typical police outside with cameras sort of thing.

Nightclubs are based on prince of wales road drinkers here are 18-25 mostly nightclubs and late night trouble spot 

Tombland area, cobbled street type area, is my choice mixed pubs mostly historic slightly older crowd, has a spoons and further along in Magdalene street is curry house area.

For oldies an independent pub "the fat cat" is worth a look but no food or music, real ale place

Any more info let i know

• Like 7

2 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Decent away day, friendly drinking but you have to know where to go as its sprawled out a bit

What's you agenda, all day drinking, clubbing, lap dancing?!! (I'm not offering!)

There's a wetherspoons not far from ground and train station (2 mins walk) with a large multistorey car park next to train station.

I would recommend the coach and horses turn right out of train station, mixed home and away but v friendly good beer and near where away coaches stop. I would avoid complete angler not a bad pub typical police outside with cameras sort of thing.

Nightclubs are based on prince of wales road drinkers here are 18-25 mostly nightclubs and late night trouble spot 

Tombland area, cobbled street type area, is my choice mixed pubs mostly historic slightly older crowd, has a spoons and further along in Magdalene street is curry house area.

For oldies an independent pub "the fat cat" is worth a look but no food or music, real ale place

Any more info let i know

Top post! Cheers mate!

If going by train, check it out. Last time I looked it was bus and tube from Liverpool Street, and going via Kings X and Ely was the recommended route.

Trains running straight through now London liverpool st direct to naarwich

Some naughty footy types get the tube to Stratford straight through gates on tube ticket and jump on 321 to Ipswich with no guard on and get free travel then just pay from Ipswich to norwich. Can't do this on return journey. 

But this is obviously fraud and not encouraged.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Am sure Norwich isn’t on top of everyone’s list for nights out :laugh: but anyone else staying over for Norwich away? 10 of us!!

4 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

We are flying haha! Didn’t even know their was an airport in Norwich :laugh:

I stayed there when Scotty scored 2  in a 3-1 win. Everything was closed by 1am but a decent friendly place. 

6 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Trains running straight through now London liverpool st direct to naarwich

Some naughty footy types get the tube to Stratford straight through gates on tube ticket and jump on 321 to Ipswich with no guard on and get free travel then just pay from Ipswich to norwich. Can't do this on return journey. 

But this is obviously fraud and not encouraged.

Not according to Trainline as it stands they are not. Liverpool street to Cambridge then to Norwich, or bus to Witham then train to Norwich. Maybe just needs updating if it has changed recently?

19 hours ago, norwichrobin said:

Any more info let i know

Cheers fella. Staying in Great Ellingham for the weekend and getting the train in from Attleborough. Info re local pubs really helpful.👍

Edited by Mangled Wurzel

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

It’s £82 return now but think we paid 60 odd. Lot cheaper than the train.

Is that going and coming back the same day?

3 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

No there’s only 1 flight each way a day. We’re going Friday til Sunday.

Fair play, great way to travel to an away game, I usually let the train take the strain nowadays as getting stuck in traffic does my head in

55 minutes ago, harrys said:

Fair play, great way to travel to an away game, I usually let the train take the strain nowadays as getting stuck in traffic does my head in

Same. Can’t remember last time drove to an away game.

18 hours ago, wood_red said:

Not according to Trainline as it stands they are not. Liverpool street to Cambridge then to Norwich, or bus to Witham then train to Norwich. Maybe just needs updating if it has changed recently?

Just noticed this too, a trek!

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

It’s £82 return now but think we paid 60 odd. Lot cheaper than the train.

Fair play that's a good deal.

5 hours ago, O'Garlandinho said:

Are Bristol doing flights to Norwich now or is this from Exeter?

Three of us flying up from Exeter on the Friday and returning Sunday 🍻 

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but a mate of mine and his son booked flights for the Middlesbrough game that has now been postponed due to the cup, they are still going and going to watch Hartlepool instead !!!

• Like 2

On 17/01/2019 at 17:15, Taunton_BCFC said:

Fair play Taunton, that's got the makings of a great weekend.

• Like 1

Watching Norwich v Brum...........very entertaining game. Having seen Norwich 3  times this season, they play excellent football and we will do very well to get anything up there. If we don't win the league, here's hoping, then probably Norwich will, as they play with style and commitment.

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Are you lot on the 15:55 Friday?

Yes looking forward to it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, weepywall said:

Slightly off topic but a mate of mine and his son booked flights for the Middlesbrough game that has now been postponed due to the cup, they are still going and going to watch Hartlepool instead !!!

it's postponements / cancellations that often lead to the most memorable random trips! One of the best piss-ups i've had in my youth was when an evening cup replay at Luton got cancelled just as we were pulling into the town - quick show of hands and the coach decided to head to a brilliant country pub where we proceeded to get smashed and sing city songs long into the night. The locals were confused and surprised :D 

I saw what was possibly the world`s worst street entertainer in Norwich. It was a bloke with a cassette player banging out Glenn Miller and stuff like that and he had a glove puppet that he moved in time to the music and that was it. You could see the passers-by cringing at how bad it was.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 22:29, wood_red said:

On 18/01/2019 at 16:50, The Chaplain said:

Spoke to a conductor at station today

Trains are running too and from Liverpool street to norwich on Saturdays so a day return should see you through no problems (currently)

If you coming back Sunday get the London bound liverpoo l st train and if there are rail works a bus replacement service takes you to London

So as it stands Saturdays ok Sundays allow an hour's drinking time for connections to Paddington etc

On 19/01/2019 at 23:17, norwichrobin said:

Spoke to a conductor at station today

Trains are running too and from Liverpool street to norwich on Saturdays so a day return should see you through no problems (currently)

If you coming back Sunday get the London bound liverpoo l st train and if there are rail works a bus replacement service takes you to London

So as it stands Saturdays ok Sundays allow an hour's drinking time for connections to Paddington etc

Thanks for that

On 19/01/2019 at 18:41, Red Right Hand said:

I saw what was possibly the world`s worst street entertainer in Norwich. It was a bloke with a cassette player banging out Glenn Miller and stuff like that and he had a glove puppet that he moved in time to the music and that was it. You could see the passers-by cringing at how bad it was.

He’s still here mate - been a permenant fixture for years 

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2019 at 16:11, Taunton_BCFC said:

Same. Can’t remember last time drove to an away game.

I can’t remember the time I drove to a HOME game. Usually get the train in from Swindle so I can have a few beers 🍺 

Next away game is Sheffield United for me   

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Typo
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I can’t remember the time I drove to a HOME game. Usually get the train in from Swindle so I can have a few beers 🍺 

Next away game is Sheffield United for me   

Same but from Taunton.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

He’s still here mate - been a permenant fixture for years 

Hi mate 3 or 4 city fans around norwich, kev from stowmarket goes to a few games, if you ever want to meet up and watch games in norwich or want someone to travel with let me know, I will probably go to millwall away. Take care bud, keep the faith!

• Like 1

On 18 January 2019 at 18:28, weepywall said:

Funnily enough, I just had an E-mail From Easy Jet about a flight to Hartlepool...

On 17/01/2019 at 17:15, Taunton_BCFC said:

Other side of Norwich mind, you'll definitely need a taxi to get to the ground/centre.

I think he's still there, bit of a cult hero in them parts I think 🤣. Haven't been to Norwich for a few years now, but used to live there about 10 years ago. He's so bad he's good...

• Like 1

This must be him RRH,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_Puppet_Man

• Like 1