Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)


Recommended Posts

Watching Norwich v Brum...........very entertaining game. Having seen Norwich 3  times this season, they play excellent football and we will do very well to get anything up there. If we don't win the league, here's hoping, then probably Norwich will, as they play with style and commitment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, weepywall said:

Slightly off topic but a mate of mine and his son booked flights for the Middlesbrough game that has now been postponed due to the cup, they are still going and going to watch Hartlepool instead !!!

it's postponements / cancellations that often lead to the most memorable random trips! One of the best piss-ups i've had in my youth was when an evening cup replay at Luton got cancelled just as we were pulling into the town - quick show of hands and the coach decided to head to a brilliant country pub where we proceeded to get smashed and sing city songs long into the night. The locals were confused and surprised :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 22:29, wood_red said:

Not according to Trainline as it stands they are not. Liverpool street to Cambridge then to Norwich, or bus to Witham then train to Norwich. Maybe just needs updating if it has changed recently?

On 18/01/2019 at 16:50, The Chaplain said:

 

Spoke to a conductor at station today

Trains are running too and from Liverpool street to norwich on Saturdays so a day return should see you through no problems (currently)

If you coming back Sunday get the London bound liverpoo l st train and if there are rail works a bus replacement service takes you to London

So as it stands Saturdays ok Sundays allow an hour's drinking time for connections to Paddington etc

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2019 at 23:17, norwichrobin said:

Spoke to a conductor at station today

Trains are running too and from Liverpool street to norwich on Saturdays so a day return should see you through no problems (currently)

If you coming back Sunday get the London bound liverpoo l st train and if there are rail works a bus replacement service takes you to London

So as it stands Saturdays ok Sundays allow an hour's drinking time for connections to Paddington etc

 

 

 

 

Thanks for that

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2019 at 18:41, Red Right Hand said:

I saw what was possibly the world`s worst street entertainer in Norwich. It was a bloke with a cassette player banging out Glenn Miller and stuff like that and he had a glove puppet that he moved in time to the music and that was it. You could see the passers-by cringing at how bad it was.

He’s still here mate - been a permenant fixture for years 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

He’s still here mate - been a permenant fixture for years 

Hi mate 3 or 4 city fans around norwich, kev from stowmarket goes to a few games, if you ever want to meet up and watch games in norwich or want someone to travel with let me know, I will probably go to millwall away. Take care bud, keep the faith!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18 January 2019 at 18:28, weepywall said:

Slightly off topic but a mate of mine and his son booked flights for the Middlesbrough game that has now been postponed due to the cup, they are still going and going to watch Hartlepool instead !!!

Funnily enough, I just had an E-mail From Easy Jet about a flight to Hartlepool...


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 17:15, Taunton_BCFC said:

We are flying haha! Didn’t even know their was an airport in Norwich :laugh:

Other side of Norwich mind, you'll definitely need a taxi to get to the ground/centre.

On 19/01/2019 at 18:41, Red Right Hand said:

I saw what was possibly the world`s worst street entertainer in Norwich. It was a bloke with a cassette player banging out Glenn Miller and stuff like that and he had a glove puppet that he moved in time to the music and that was it. You could see the passers-by cringing at how bad it was.

I think he's still there, bit of a cult hero in them parts I think 🤣. Haven't been to Norwich for a few years now, but used to live there about 10 years ago. He's so bad he's good...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2019 at 18:41, Red Right Hand said:

I saw what was possibly the world`s worst street entertainer in Norwich. It was a bloke with a cassette player banging out Glenn Miller and stuff like that and he had a glove puppet that he moved in time to the music and that was it. You could see the passers-by cringing at how bad it was.

This must be him RRH,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_Puppet_Man

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 22:19, norwichrobin said:

Hi mate 3 or 4 city fans around norwich, kev from stowmarket goes to a few games, if you ever want to meet up and watch games in norwich or want someone to travel with let me know, I will probably go to millwall away. Take care bud, keep the faith!

I’ll definitely bear this in mind. Haven’t got to as many as I’d like this season as my wife’s been pregnant and my twins were born prematurely. I’m always a willing driver 👍

I’m Wymondham based - where about are you guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of questions.

Is there any chance it will be moved, I guess the games have been chosen for Sky already.

How much is the train? I looked and it came up at £150 , a mate is saying £50 . At £50 I'm probably going, depending on the FA Cup draw. 5 hours on the train though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2019 at 19:40, Taunton_BCFC said:

Looks like ticket sales slow! There’s a shock! This game could be massive! The top 6 all would of sold out in days! That’s The difference 

Sheffield United didn’t sell out at Norwich Saturday, Derby didn’t sell out at Norwich the other week. West Brom had 1k at Ipswich last month.

Next.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to Norwich away - (Merged)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...