Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Taunton_BCFC

Norwich away - (Merged)

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Friday & Sunday we’re staying over, premier inn. Travel lodge still cheap also 

Exactly the same as us 🍻

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bakes said:

Just booked 6 tickets, 268 left now.

Almost 100 sold in the past 24 hours, with still nine days to go until the game. Looks like we'll sell out. Panic over everyone. 

26 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Almost 100 sold in the past 24 hours, with still nine days to go until the game. Looks like we'll sell out. Panic over everyone. 

The initial allocation. We can get up to 2,500 if we want it.

Not going, £42 on coach and not cheap or  easy to get to other ways. Giving Boro a miss too but on for Preston. They could be when my great away run of not seeing a goal conceded and no losses comes to an end. But we got to beat Preston sooner or later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Between all 20 people?

No, that's just the 10 from Norwich.

So.…..…….. I have just negotiated a complex family arrangement that involves my daughter visiting her boyfriend in Norwich, and me and Mrs RR visiting them both. This surprisingly has been arranged (by me) for next weekend!!!! There are therefore another four tickets just having been bought.  I Just now need to instil a sense of family west country "roots" (that only really applies to me) to the others.

Anyway as NTTDS would say..... see you hordes at Carrow Road.

Edited by Reigate Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is a shame that the club didn't organise a train, and too late now. They could easily sold it out , and how we are going could have got a good following up there. 5 1/2 hours and a yomp across London is enough to put many off. Fair play to all who are going.

Just bought my ticket so hopefully we'll sell our allocation. Never been before so hopefully it will be the same result as my first trip to Ipswich last season. COYR!

• Like 1

Just seen Norwich goals on tv, ok there playing Bolton but they did look good

would take a draw across there next week 

brilliant league to be in ...

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just seen Norwich goals on tv, ok there playing Bolton but they did look good

would take a draw across there next week 

brilliant league to be in ...

And what about when they played Preston? This league is impossible to predict most of the time.

I would definitely take a draw and I think we have played ourselves into a position where if we lose its not the worst thing long term.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

And what about when they played Preston?

Still had 22 shots and probably didn't deserve to lose, just one of those games. Hopefully they don't get more than 1 goal against us as well, which will give us a chance.

I watched them earlier and they really could have doubled the score easily, the Bolton keeper kept the score down along with a penalty save.

• Like 1

What with Boro  and Derby having what look winnable Midweek  games, if were still in a playoff spot come end of play Saturday, you would have to fancy us for a top six spot.

Not that if we slip out it's all uphill.

Norwich and Sheff Utd might have smashed in a few goals today but I can't see anyone in this division doing that to us.

With 8 away games to go were heading for double figures in away wins.

Can't imagine there are many times that 10 away wins doesn't get you in the top six. And with our home form looking solid things are looking good.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Im driving from Tetbury, so 8hrs in the car for 90 mins football.

We must be raving mad

tis true, we are football crazy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Norwich have lost 4 at home, same as us.

Just saying...

They’ve also won 32 points at home, more than us....stats eh? Do they really mean anything?! 

The home game was terrific and we played something akin to our pre Christmas form from last season and could have and should have won it.

We are playing far better defensively and are improving going forward.

They are going to attack us and so I'm expecting a really good game.

I think they will be a little surprised by the improvements we've made.

I'm glad I've got my ticket and I'm really looking forward to the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

The home game was terrific and we played something akin to our pre Christmas form from last season and could have and should have won it.

We are playing far better defensively and are improving going forward.

They are going to attack us and so I'm expecting a really good game.

I think they will be a little surprised by the improvements we've made.

I'm glad I've got my ticket and I'm really looking forward to the game.

Yep. They are beatable at home and I think we may be in radar range after this game.

3/1 at the moment for a win - quite generous given the unbeaten run and I'll have some of that.

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’ve also won 32 points at home, more than us....stats eh? Do they really mean anything?! 

The stat showing the two teams with the most points after 46 games is a useful one!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Didn't we/BS climb onboard with BMI recently?

That went well then!

Tricky for our Goteborg reds getting over for matches now. ☹

Edited by 42nite

Bristol Flyers I think probably paying 10k per year or some small “partnership” sponsorship price - I doubt SL slept badly last night about it

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It’s like groundhog day on here sometimes 🤨

Yeah I agree. Endless posts about appalling away team allocations and similar endless repeating 🤔👀

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yeah I agree. Endless posts about appalling away team allocations and similar endless repeating 🤔👀

Have some breakfast fella, you seem rather peckish.

51 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Have some breakfast fella, you seem rather peckish.

Too early yet - having a brunch !!

• Like 1

Anyone else on the train/tube for this? About a 6 hour journey but providing you have a railcard you can get it for £50-60 on trainsplit. 6 changes there and back in total, two of them being in Ely(?) that I'd never even heard of but should be good fun. 7am from Temple Meads gets us in at just gone noon.

Looks like there's about 130 left, allocation will be extended then. Hopefully 1,200/1,300 with POTD which will be more than double last years effort.

9 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

No POD confirmed 

Just read this on the site. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could this be put on the official twitter please mate? I know a few that weren't aware of no POTD at Stoke and got caught out by it, just worth notifying people imo.

• Thanks 1

I'm fortunate to go to most away games and to be honest, i really don't care how many we take, if its just the 300 at Ipswich or the 7k at Man City, I find most away games we have a laugh and we are normally loud even if it is just a few hundred of us!  Sometimes the less we take the better the atmosphere is, it certainly stops people looking for their allocated seat when its not a sell out, so that's a bonus.  Fair play to all that are going to Norwich this Saturday, long drive but reckon it will be worth it, see you all there.

• Like 4

Enjoy. I've never been to Norwich for drinking, is the best place to be the Spoons outside the station for anyone that has been? I know the station isn't too far from the ground.

37 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I meant on the Twitter page mate, I'd imagine many more people will see the twitter feed of our account than see articles on the website?

I don't use Twitter, but would have assumed that each time an article was put on the OS, that a link was posted on Twitter. Is this not the case?

11 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I don't use Twitter, but would have assumed that each time an article was put on the OS, that a link was posted on Twitter. Is this not the case?

Unfortunately not

A mate has talked someone into driving so we're in. Not been there since the cup game Fleck scored around 91.

Bollocks, missed part of the text and we have a driver for Preston, I F@#'in hate Preston.  Norwich will have to take care of itself .

Edited by 1960maaan
I'm a tit and don't read texts properly