IGNORED

Norwich away - (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Over 500 tickets available, so looks like you got the extras. Must have been pre-agreed that you had until Monday to request them before they were sold to home fans.

Get on and buy them so the stadium is full to capacity! The home areas are sold out!

Will there only be 1,300 seats available in the away end then? Great news if so, if there's 1,000 or so fans spread out across a big away end the atmosphere suffers and people are more inclined to take their seat.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Will there only be 1,300 seats available in the away end then? Great news if so, if there's 1,000 or so fans spread out across a big away end the atmosphere suffers and people are more inclined to take their seat.

Yes - the partition moves depending on how many tickets the away fans take, rather than being fixed in size.

if you fill your 1300 seats it’ll be a 27k sell out

2 minutes ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Yes - the partition moves depending on how many tickets the away fans take, rather than being fixed in size.

if you fill your 1300 seats it’ll be a 27k sell out

Oh yeah, there's no segregation is there? Can see that being a problem if there's a late goal or something... :laugh:

10 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

After your disaster about Wolves allocation, you should be the last person talking about allocations

13 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Oh yeah, there's no segregation is there? Can see that being a problem if there's a late goal or something... :laugh:

There is segregation, its just moveable.

We’ve had loads of late goals this season and no issues. We scored twice in injury time to beat Millwall 4-3, twice in injury time to draw with forest, and derby scored twice in the last 5 mins to beat us 4-3.

we also got an injury time winner to beat Bolton, a 90th minute winner against Wigan and some others I’ve probably forgotten. 

Oh last season Ipswich went 1-0 up after 85 mins, and we levelled with the last kick. The flimsy segregation survived that (and all the others) so cant see there being a problem.

And finally, the away fans are essentially next to casual fans (no season tickets as sometimes away fans have this block) which are typically made up of families.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

I wouldn't worry about that, like a lot of Championship grounds Norwich squeeze us into the corner, so spreading out isn't an option (and there is no "away end").

Still, to make up for it you get a close up view of the world's lamest giant TV screen. 

1 hour ago, Canary_Yellow said:

There is segregation, its just moveable.

We’ve had loads of late goals this season and no issues. We scored twice in injury time to beat Millwall 4-3, twice in injury time to draw with forest, and derby scored twice in the last 5 mins to beat us 4-3.

we also got an injury time winner to beat Bolton, a 90th minute winner against Wigan and some others I’ve probably forgotten. 

Oh last season Ipswich went 1-0 up after 85 mins, and we levelled with the last kick. The flimsy segregation survived that (and all the others) so cant see there being a problem.

And finally, the away fans are essentially next to casual fans (no season tickets as sometimes away fans have this block) which are typically made up of families.

You score a lot of late goals then.

Should be interesting as we've only conceded one goal after the 80th minute all season!

Fair to say we will get chances up there...but also have to likely absorb quite a lot of possession and pressure for periods.

Simplistic headline stats suggest that Norwich average 15.50 shots per game at home...but concede 11 per game. How accurate FootCharts is I'm not altogether sure but Leeds conceding 8 per game which is the best in the division doesn't surprise me- the defensive structure against us in November though we were at a low ebb, was very useful.

Stats like that only are useful up to a point but it certainly shows they can be got at.

Credit where it is due, and BP's GregorMacG deserves some praise for this play on words:

Bristol City fans are hoping to see their side continue their unbeaten run in the English second tier that now sits at 13 games.

Victory at Carrow Road will be tough given that Daniel Farke's side are top of the table but the Canaries have been beaten four times on their own perch this season, including 3-4 to Derby County in the last league loss.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/123057-bristol-city/ 

I keep hearing about Bristol City's unbeaten run, I've not checked but have they beaten anyone who's any good? or has the fixture list been kind to them?

They are a fickle bunch of fans. They wanted to sack Lee Johnson prior to this run as they were pretty woeful. Now of course they are nailed on champions. They expect a result on Saturday. One loss and the bubble will burst. 

Looking at those results they are obviously good defensively but are hardly blowing teams away. I go into games expecting us to score 2 or 3 now so I'm pretty confident. Early goal and I think we could get a 3 or 4-0

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/123057-bristol-city/ 

I keep hearing about Bristol City's unbeaten run, I've not checked but have they beaten anyone who's any good? or has the fixture list been kind to them?

They are a fickle bunch of fans. They wanted to sack Lee Johnson prior to this run as they were pretty woeful. Now of course they are nailed on champions. They expect a result on Saturday. One loss and the bubble will burst. 

Looking at those results they are obviously good defensively but are hardly blowing teams away. I go into games expecting us to score 2 or 3 now so I'm pretty confident. Early goal and I think we could get a 3 or 4-0

Arrogant.*** ..................they were calling for Feeckers head earlier in the season !

1 hour ago, 22A said:

So, he acknowledges that we're very good defensively and then says he thinks they'll score 3 or 4 anyway. Talk about arrogance.

Not sure why people are getting so tetchy. Overall the comments suggest they think they will be in for a tough test that they justifiably think they can win. Compare that lot to some of our other rivals in the division who see us as a “nothing” club without history blah blah blah......

Bristol Nest or whatever he or she is called has clearly sneaked in at some point and watched us!! They aren’t all ignorant or arrogant.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not sure why people are getting so tetchy. Overall the comments suggest they think they will be in for a tough test that they justifiably think they can win. Compare that lot to some of our other rivals in the division who see us as a “nothing” club without history blah blah blah......

Bristol Nest or whatever he or she is called has clearly sneaked in at some point and watched us!! They aren’t all ignorant or arrogant.

I don't get any fans enmity for any club other than their local derby or Leeds TBH.

I for one enjoyed my first trip to Ashton Gate in December, I chatted with a few home fans who were friendly and seemed knowledgable, most Canaries I know are not taking Saturday lightly and those that are blowing hard, do so to cover there anxiety.

And talking of historyI can remember when Bristol City had stints in Old Division One 1970's  and I seem to vaguely remember them beating Liverpool when they were really dominant. 

On 19/02/2019 at 09:10, BessexRED said:

@SX227 is it The Cutter Inn? Looks a cracking pub.

Yes mate - can get a bit rowdy at times (lot of longstanding family 'feuds' in Ely!) - right on the water though so great evening views.

Locals pub - lot of Norwich fans in Ely, so a few may well be heading there as well.

You'll be fine - most head into the town centre though for the pubs next to the Cathedral. There is a spoons, but you'll be pushing it with only 50 minutes as it's about 10 mins away.

Stayed at the B+B next door to The Cutter (stunning place inside) - recommend it to anyone.

The Riverside is an expensive restaurant / bar - snooty so avoid.

As long as your not looking for trouble - you won't find any.

Like I've said before I'm really looking forward to this one. Norwich are a really good attacking side and if we were to do anything this season a result there would really make a statement. I don't think we've anything to lose whereas Norwich are under growing pressure to maintain top spot against those very "popular" Yorkshire teams

I'm pretty certain of the side we'll put out as well except the right back position.

If the first game at Ashton Gate is anything to go by plus our upturn in form it promises to be a cracker.

19 minutes ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Dunno if any of you are interested, but this is a good summary of how we play.

We’re predictable in that our tactics are pretty much the same every game!

I bet you weren't going round other clubs fans forums linking clips like this one when you were bottom of the league 17 months into the Farke "project" :laugh:

Haha! No - I hope it doesn’t come across as arrogance / smugness, I think I speak for all Norwich fans more or less who when I say this season has come as a total surprise and we’re enjoying the ride.

Makes for a far less pressurised and tense time; you can sense the Leeds expectation and pressure. Sheff United less so, and WBA must surely have the best (and most expensive) squad so should be able to cope.

Youre in the same boat as us in that sense I guess, not much pressure, hitting your stride at a key time with a great shout for playoffs and potentially more if you win some and avoid defeat in others when playing games against top 6 sides. 

Archived