IGNORED

Exclusive news

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, hardly worth the "stop press " razzmataz..........told you it wouldn't be very exciting .

Think what gets me is doing it while the transfer window is open. Fair enough in October or November but mid January? 

Think we all knew they’d be extended. Hell LJ said COD was months ago. If the club have the option I bet they take it up 9/10 times. In all 3 cases could just be to insure we get decent fees in the summer instead of losing investments for nothing. 

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think what gets me is doing it while the transfer window is open. Fair enough in October or November but mid January? 

Think we all knew they’d be extended. Hell LJ said COD was months ago. If the club have the option I bet they take it up 9/10 times. In all 3 cases could just be to insure we get decent fees in the summer instead of losing investments for nothing. 

Indeed.

I maybe wrong but if we extend i.e. take up the year option, any profit in FFP/profit on transfer terms is 100%.

i.e. It would start afresh- treated as a free transfer maybe so if we sold for £1m it would be £1m profit.

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

I prefer the real contract extensions where the player expresses their delight and is pictured shaking hands with someone or holding a pen.

All a bit of anti climax really. Just standard practice now . City saying Exclusive news about this is a bit meh . Especially about COD

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, LJ says ".......................to have them extend their contracts ......" Not strictly true, the club did it .

I don’t understand that comment Slart.

Surely LJ would have discussed the three players future with his assistants and they agreed that triggering the extension clause  in their contracts was the right option.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t understand that comment Slart.

Surely LJ would have discussed the three players future with his assistants and they agreed that triggering the extension clause  in their contracts was the right option.

You would have thought, but If it’s within the clubs right as per the contract they wouldn’t had needed to.

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

Wright must be buzzing, new deal (and no doubt more £) after months out injured 

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Isn’t a club option extension same terms?

Doesn’t change anything for either of them really. Granted they didn’t say big news but they didn’t have to make a thing of it. No bigger news than Morrell and Evans deals. Could have just tweeted the news imo

Depends on the terms of the extension set at the time the contract was signed.  In a lot of cases the club is the winner, but it’s not always like that.  There will be contractual bonuses too as long as player doesn’t hand in a transfer request.

5 hours ago, Sturny said:

Bet O’Dowda loves that 

That’ll be his own fault for signing it in the first place then. If he does want to move on this extra year will benefit us with the fee involved, unless he decides to run his contract down of course.

Archived