IGNORED

Bath v Torquay

ExiledAjax

I was there and pleased to hear lots of BCFC favourites. Must've been at least 100 of us reds mingling with the home fans. 

An entertaining game, but Andrews' penalty miss was among the worst I've ever seen. He must've been taking lessons off Chris Waddle!

Surprised by how many bellends there were among Torquay fans.

I nipped off sharpish at the end to get a pint in the Belvoir, but saw loads of cop vans on their way to Trumpton and heard it kicked off with a few Wealdstone Raider types getting 'a bit leery'.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was there and pleased to hear lots of BCFC favourites. Must've been at least 100 of us reds mingling with the home fans. 

An entertaining game, but Andrews' penalty miss was among the worst I've ever seen. He must've been taking lessons off Chris Waddle!

I nipped off sharpish at the end to get a pint in the Belvoir, but saw loads of cop vans on their way to Trumpton and heard it kicked off with a few Wealdstone Raider types getting 'a bit leery'.

I went WSM v Torquay and agree with the bellends from Torquay statement :laugh:

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Is that Cundy? He's looked superb for them this season. Might have been Batten who used to be our player, but would be surprised as he's never looked that good to me.

Yes have since looked it up and it was cundy, . Cracking game at centre half

Made a point of not looking up who our players were on the pitch for a more neutral view and like I say, best player on pitch by some distance for me 

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Did you know that penalty was the first penalty Waddle had ever taken in any football match, pro, amateur, or school.  Anazing isn’t it.

Good to see our youngsters getting exposure in front of big crowds.

Hopefully a couple of them make it into the first team, at 21 both Evans and Andrews do need to make the step up to a higher level of football if we are going to see them regularly competing in a city shirt, think they'll both definitely become league quality footballers but haven't seen enough championship quality stuff from them to make me believe they'll make it as championship players. 

Janneh is still young, has a few years to develop and has talent, think he is one to keep an eye on. I rate Edwards as well, and at 19 he still has time to progress, the same can be said about hinds and morton although I'm not sure if the latter will make it with us, but I'd like to be proved wrong. 

As I said before, it's great to see lots of our youngsters plying their trade in all the different levels, it can only be a good experience for them 

• Admin
On 20/01/2019 at 11:49, Red-Robbo said:

Hilarious how we get the blame 

IMG-20190120-WA0002.jpg

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hilarious how we get the blame 

IMG-20190120-WA0002.jpg

Yes that'll be right. Bristol City fans who went to the bother of wearing Torquay colours and buying yellow smoke flares  :laughcont:

Torquay's allocation sold out rapidly and well in advance of the match, so City fans were overwhelmingly sat with Bath City. Speaking  as a Somerset man I was delighted when Bath won.

44 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH I saw from photos online that they had smoke canisters, are these deemed illegal at this level of football aswell? 

Yes smoke grenades are .

we had a number of them set off on Saturday unfortunately by both sets of fans, and at least one thrown into the pitch , the ref I am sure would have seen it, and no doubt the home club will be fined as per normal fa rules 

We are reviewing footage from the day which was a little busy . 

The idea Bristol City fans would go to this game planning on a "set to" with Bath City fans is risible.

Anyway, to the point - I went to watch Freddie Hinds and left impressed.

20 next week, he has something of Dwight Gayle about him - similar height, sharp movements, good technique, decent pace. Excellent finish for his goal. Will be better when he fills out a bit with age but, even so, on a bobbly pitch and against bigger defenders he held the ball up and linked with those around him really well. Played clean through on 10 minutes he kept his composure to strike a powerful shot from 18 yards into the top corner. Substituted in the second half for tactical reasons and not a reflection on his performance. Probably ready to play in a better team with full timers rather than Bath's willing part timers (probably been placed close to home so we can keep an eye on him, following the Wrexham business???)

Can't say much about our lads at Torquay as it looked like the team as a whole had an off day but Janneh looks an interesting prospect, tall and quick but had few sights of goal, so can't comment on his finishing ability. Andrews' penalty miss has yet to return to the earth's orbit.

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Yes smoke grenades are .

we had a number of them set off on Saturday unfortunately by both sets of fans, and at least one thrown into the pitch , the ref I am sure would have seen it, and no doubt the home club will be fined as per normal fa rules 

If I may point you in the right direction officer ........

@Robbored was driving the minibus And is aware of all the identity of those , besides himself, involved  

Glad to be of assistance 

6 hours ago, JulieH said:

Yes smoke grenades are .

Thanks Julie. Is it legal at any level of the game? 

9 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Thanks Julie. Is it legal at any level of the game? 

The leagues below bath .

however would probably be in breach of ground regulations, and there are still other criminal offences that could be considered dependant on the situation, eg public order, criminal damage etc 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Glad to see on that thread, the Torquay lad I attended the game with being very clear it was a minority of Gulls fans, not Bath City or Bristol City fans "in disguise" that caused the bother and threw most of the smoke bombs. A Bath fan chucked something that looked like a sparkler on the pitch when his side scored, but yellow smoke was all over the Torquay terraces after their goals.

My mate was angry that an admittedly small minority of Gulls fans were "bringing shame" on the club.

He blames non-Devon based glory hunters.

Glory hunters in the National League South. Who knew?!

Archived