IGNORED

We are 3rd in the Fair Play Table (Merged)

bcfc01

I went looking for this after reading a discussion in another thread about the relative merits of our centre half options. It struck me that in the current game for Webster and Kalas to only get 1 yellow card each at this stage of the season is some feat and says something about their abilities. 

Something struck me though when I looked at this table and that is how many fouls teams like Swansea, Villa and Leeds have committed in relation to the cards issued. Is this the "big club syndrome"? Is it because they are clever in the way and positions which they commit fouls?  I don't know the answer but thought it was an interesting anomaly.

image.thumb.png.957380e2cf982109136aac9546243594.png

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sorry - started another thread, didn't see this one.

Merge ?

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Looking at the post timings I think it was my mistake rather than yours.

Now Merged. 

And I've left your comments up to show we can treat eachother with politeness and respect sometimes. :clapping:

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is that table correct?

Says Wigan have only committed 22 fouls in 27 games - that can't possibly be correct

But they ended up with 59 yellow cards!  Seems a bit harsh.

I suspect it should say 122 fouls?

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it fouls or free kicks? One would include offsides for example. I just reproduced the table, I have no idea what their rationale is.

Which website did you get it from?

I wonder if there is a key someone else within the site?

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Is that table correct?

Says Wigan have only committed 22 fouls in 27 games - that can't possibly be correct

Think they are all separate. In our case 48 fouls with no bookings, 36 fouls that led to yellow cards and 1 red card(2 yellow card offences). 

There must something in this - it seems perverse that not only are we the least fouling team in the last 10 games but we are also the most fouled team in this run of games.

Style of play only contributing to this? or player type and possibly even a tactic being purposely used to gain fouls?

Screenshot (6).png

10 minutes ago, hantsred said:

There must something in this - it seems perverse that not only are we the least fouling team in the last 10 games but we are also the most fouled team in this run of games.

Style of play only contributing to this? or player type and possibly even a tactic being purposely used to gain fouls?

Screenshot (6).png

Least fouls in each individual match too.

Archived