IGNORED

2 new strikers for Cardiff...

SouthStand Sandwich

2 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

He’s got Harry arter and camerasa behind him, prob 30 million pounds of midfield, hardly hoofers are they? Unless of course you are completely clueless. He won’t be going back to Bristol, ever....

No use having ball players if you don't have the all 70% of the time in matches. We have moved on from BR, with £10m of course

1 hour ago, Montpelierblue said:

10 million is nothing these days,  see Brentford looking for 15 million for one of there’s,  he prob won’t hit 20 either.

if you lot ever make it into the money league you will see, doubtful I know.

The player they are asking £15m (at least) for is Mepham, a defender, so he is indeed unlikely to score 20 goals.

I notice the best thing Warnock could find to say about Reid recently was that he is good at defending. Money well spent then.

11 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

He’s got Harry arter and camerasa behind him, prob 30 million pounds of midfield, hardly hoofers are they? Unless of course you are completely clueless. He won’t be going back to Bristol, ever....

Arter and camarasa worth 30 million? 

A 24 year old from Spain who has played for levante, alaves and real betis and a 29 year old who can't get in Bournemouths team. 

30 million ??

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

The player they are asking £15m (at least) for is Mepham, a defender, so he is indeed unlikely to score 20 goals.

I notice the best thing Warnock could find to say about Reid recently was that he is good at defending. Money well spent then.

Think he might’ve thought Mepham was Maupay.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

A 24 year old from Spain who has played for levante, alaves and real betis and a 29 year old who can't get in Bournemouths team. 

30 million ??

Yep we are looking at buying him up, and that was the price quoted. more like 10 maybe but he is class. So is Arter in a different way.

5 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Well, at least you lot will still be there for the usual 6 points if we do come down. Let’s hope bobby bangs in 25 again to take us back up. 

Like the 6 points you got off us last season? 

7 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Yep we are looking at buying him up, and that was the price quoted. more like 10 maybe but he is class. So is Arter in a different way.

To be honest, with warnocks history when it comes to transfers, I can see it happening. 

Imagine if you spent 70 odd million only to come back down... 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he might’ve thought Mepham was Maupay.

Evidently. Odd that there don't seem to be any substantial rumours about Maupay so far this window. Possibly down to them quoting £20m.

Apart the vague suggestion that Villa want him, being so short of forwards ?

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Evidently. Odd that there don't seem to be any substantial rumours about Maupay so far this window. Possibly down to them quoting £20m.

Apart the vague suggestion that Villa want him, being so short of forwards ?

Ignoring any “DNA” issues he is a top Champ striker.  Great movement.  Doesn’t take all his chances, but I rate him highly.

Yes he’s in the past and people don’t  want to look back....... but think of him as a random player who’s had no previous connection with us? Everyone would take him in a heartbeat, he got us goals and and his work rate was incredible. I can’t see him coming back at all but I’d be over the mood if he did, I bet 9 out of 10 of us would be well chuffed. 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

30 million ??

One with well over a hundred La Liga appearances under his belt and caps for his country....and the other an established, solid premier league midfielder....yep £30m for the pair sounds about right in a market where ‘one season wonder’ Reid went for £10m...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

One with well over a hundred La Liga appearances under his belt and caps for his country....and the other an established, solid premier league midfielder....yep £30m for the pair sounds about right in a market where ‘one season wonder’ Reid went for £10m...

Exactly, an inflated market. 

Although I wouldn't say u21 caps really count as 'caps for his country' to be honest. And, as arter will be 30 next season I really don't see how a 10 million odd quid investment on him would be a good idea

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! Plenty wetting themselves on here when Kelly and Dasilva played for England U21s - you’d better tell them those precious appearances representing their country ‘don’t count’ ....

They aren't a full cap though are they? 

Someone I know is a Welsh u16 international, I'd hardly say he's had a cap for Wales... 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Reid will be worth it, maybe not just yet but if we go down then I’m sure he will bang them in again like he did last season. 

Hes only young.

30 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Reid will be worth it, maybe not just yet but if we go down then I’m sure he will bang them in again like he did last season. 

Hes only young.

He'll be 26 next month. Young? Compared to me certainly, in football terms, no.

Archived