IGNORED

New SL strategy to get promotion

southvillekiddy

Oh dear, this all sounds a bit pathetic. A points deduction is big overreaction if you ask me.

Really wish he'd have kept his mouth shut.

Anyone know if other Championship club owners have mouthed off regarding this? As I find it all a bit embarrassing seeing our name connected to the story.

Yea my initial reaction was the same. A bit cringy that. I get he is honest and all that but he never seems to say anything worth saying. I have said numerous times he puts extra pressure on the club with things he says and it is pointless. This particular instance won’t put pressure on us but we have been flying under the radar all season so why put us out there? 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea my initial reaction was the same. A bit cringy that. I get he is honest and all that but he never seems to say anything worth saying. I have said numerous times he puts extra pressure on the club with things he says and it is pointless. This particular instance won’t put pressure on us but we have been flying under the radar all season so why put us out there? 

Steve Lansdown O.G., no question

^ That's actually really good to hear that the club is deliberately trying to fly under the radar - I thought we put a lot of pressure on ourselves last season, LJ is a much better manager without all the hype, as much as he likes it.

As for the rest of it - isn't this just a local BBC Bristol interview and if so, was this the main topic, or was it a passing comment that they've turned into a locally sourced BBC website story, that will now get national attention?

1 minute ago, Olé said:

^ That's actually really good to hear that the club is deliberately trying to fly under the radar - I thought we put a lot of pressure on ourselves last season, LJ is a much better manager without all the hype, as much as he likes it.

As for the rest of it - isn't this just a local BBC Bristol interview and if so, was this the main topic, or was it a passing comment that they've turned into a locally sourced BBC website story, that will now get national attention?

HAS GOT

Can't help wondering had this been Chelsea (I say Chelsea for obvious reasons) or any other club we have good relations with, would SL have been so vocal?

I know it's a different league, but the question is valid.

Mouthing off about other clubs when you don't need to is stupid.

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Should make things very interesting for the home game. SL view entirely up to him . But coming out with it IMO is unwanted attention for us . Just as we were going quietly about our business. 

Entitled to his view yes, but the conflict of interest (Ashton on EFL board), plus club charter- dunno if there are possible penalties but definitely throws unwanted, unnecessary attention onto us.

It'll certainly add to the atmosphere when we play Leeds- if it's a 5.30pm on Sky, extra drinking time, all the more so. Bit of a needle match!

Archived