IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 28

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Christ poor Fielding getting fair amount of  stick from those on social media! Little uncalled for, Niki much better don’t get me wrong! 

Not read all the posts , but I see it as more disappointment that Maenpaa is out. Hard to argue that NM is a far better all round keeper, plus it's been some time since FF has had a first team run our, not ideal.

This is the type of game where if you harbour ambitions of a play-off challenge, that your “fringe” players need to step up and show that they can be first choice.  It’s not exactly a bad side is it?

Pisano was on form prior to his injury.

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't know what Bailey Wright has to do to get a start when Webster is out. And I don't know how many more mistakes Baker will have to make before he is relegated behind Bailey. I'd be delighted with a point now.

Think LJ sees Bailey as more versatile than Baker so if necessary Bailey could provide better options when it comes to substitutions

33 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have we really lost Niki, Webster and Hunt as a result of training this week? 

What have they been doing FFS!

Leeds will let us know. 

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's no wonder when a lot of his kicks go straight into touch, also Niki is much more confident at crosses and has better distribution. Frankie's shot stopping is good, but I'm still not full of confidence of him keeping Forest out.

Frankie's close range shot stopping has always been good, but he gets too easily beaten from 25 yards or so.

5 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Christ poor Fielding getting fair amount of  stick from those on social media! Little uncalled for, Niki much better don’t get me wrong! 

getting stick as fans surprised, not against FF, but having not played and  then propelled  back into the first team ahead of ML.  Strange one.  Whats ML done, as another poster said strange call and wonder how LJ explains that one to ML.

Having said that FF will have a blinder today. What do we know ?

Totally logical changes for me ! 30000 people in the stadium for O’Neils first game is a big ask for a rookie keeper so choosing experience over youth is logical . Bailey has barely kicked a ball in 9 months so again , Baker is the far more logical choice for Webster . Da Silva also deserves his start and Lloyd can come on at LB or CB then if needed . 

Just got in from work (which was crap) to see all these frigging injuries, WTF have they been doing in training, Wrestling & Cage Fighting.

Was confident of at least a point and maybe even a win, but feeling a bit jittery now. If we take a point now I'll be well happy with us having to make so many changes in one go. Thanks god it's FA CUP next week as well giving them some added time to recover.

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Totally logical changes for me ! 30000 people in the stadium for O’Neils first game is a big ask for a rookie keeper so choosing experience over youth is logical . Bailey has barely kicked a ball in 9 months so again , Baker is the far more logical choice for Webster . Da Silva also deserves his start and Lloyd can come on at LB or CB then if needed . 

Agree with your reasoning - I for one didn’t see this coming so suddenly we’ve seen optimism taken over by pessimism ! 

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's no wonder when a lot of his kicks go straight into touch, also Niki is much more confident at crosses and has better distribution. Frankie's shot stopping is good, but I'm still not full of confidence of him keeping Forest out.

Agreed I would rather Niki be in goal but still seems a little uncalled for before we have even kicked off. 

I definitely have more nerves with him in goal now. 

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not read all the posts , but I see it as more disappointment that Maenpaa is out. Hard to argue that NM is a far better all round keeper, plus it's been some time since FF has had a first team run our, not ideal.

It isn’t ideal agreed, just seems a little harsh to be calling him useless and some other harder words. 

9 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Or produces a string of blinding saves, keeps us in the game and shuts a few people up in the process. It’s been known - more than once. Some short memories on here.

It's always possible, but with his lack of first team match practice for a long time now, can't see it happening. Only hope the rest play so well that he doesn't have to do much.

Looks like a late change to our January plans especially with Maenpaa who according to the post “won’t be back any time soon”. Presume neither Frankie nor Max now going out and Eisa may well be needed if Matty out for a few weeks. Depending on the others could b a late bit of dealing before the window closes.

11 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

getting stick as fans surprised, not against FF, but having not played and  then propelled  back into the first team ahead of ML.  Strange one.  Whats ML done, as another poster said strange call and wonder how LJ explains that one to ML.

Having said that FF will have a blinder today. What do we know ?

Not sure to be fair, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for Max. I suppose you could be right it’s more about the way he just waltzed straight in without us fans knowing much about his recovery and niki being injured etc. 

I just think the words used to a bloke who is actually an alright keeper for us isn’t particularly fair! 

Not got a good feeling about today, MON's first game meaning Forest could play differently to what we'll expect of them, starting line-up has taken some major hits, away with packed home support... definitely a big ask of the lads today. I hope the whole MON taking over means the lads are fired up though, I mean beating Forest today will deffo be covered on TV, could be an incentive for the lads.

Archived